GEODIS Employee Reviews for Material Handler

Found 117 reviews matching the search See all 2,622 reviews
Poor management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNOctober 9, 2019
The management there didn’t care about the employees at all. Fast paced work with bonuses we rarely saw. There was a complete lack of a corporate ladder. All supervisors and upper management were all hired from an outside source.
overall good
materialhandler (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 17, 2019
we were not given the time to look for another job. we were laid off with no excuse. and dont think it is fair. when they gave us the paper to go to the unemployment office
they took it as a presentaion not serious.
Management sucks
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Troy, ILAugust 16, 2019
Troy, IL-nutrisystem work environment sucks management just sits and stares at you .you hardly ever get peak season and pray that you get your 40 hrs.
Definitely a great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 14, 2019
Geodis is actually a good place to work stitch fix account is at least ,the hours changed on me so I had to leave and to many non Americans there some good some not but overall definitely was a great place to work their point system is great the raise are not to bad they do a lot of fun things with their employees Cater food play games ect... wish I could of stayed but best place ever
Cons
Too many non English speaking people
Okay company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2019
This company is okay. They make it impossible to get fired unless you point out or violence or theft. Management shows favoritism and when they get upset they take it out on you. They don’t understand a work/ life balance when the scheduled off time comes.
Pros
Pay is excellent! I wish other jobs paid like them.
Cons
Management and HR are not your friends and not the people to trust.
Be full time
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 13, 2019
When I was hired it was for seasonal work, then I was moved to different accounts & people hired after me were full time yet I was still seasonal. That was the only downside to Geodis. I worked lots of hours & learned a lot.
Overworked and Underpaid
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 7, 2019
The beginning of my employment was exciting and fun unfortunately, toward the end the hours decreased, the work load reduced, and the stress increased. I couldn't pay my bills so I had to find another job.
Pros
Weekend hours, high pay, and relaxed dress code
Cons
Lack of advancement, bad interpersonal politics, and poor motivation
Geodis is a great company to work for
Shipping Specialist/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 31, 2019
I would referred anyone to Geodis.
They have one of the best work environment.
They take care of their employees.
The company is consistently growing and improving
Pros
Cons
Long work hours
Fun place and lots of different ethnicities
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INJuly 24, 2019
I would still be working there if it wasnt for their drastic reduction in hours after New Years. Dont expect a huge peak season with lots of over time. It wAs 10 days at best around black friday. Don't expect to get rich in Dec surprisingly you will be lucky to get 30 a week. So when they offer overtime (extra days) tale it because it wont last!! As far as overall climate its laid-back to lower-fast pace. I was at the H & M account
Not a good place to work
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 16, 2019
I work there 3 years tbey treated me horribly and because i had health issues (which i no longer have) they wouldnt let me move up. They did handle harrassment issues from office staff.
It was wonderful, i enjoyed every time spent there
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2019
It was wonderful work in Geodis.I love everyone i work with.i never feel any pain.i never wanna leave but i just have to change my career.The environment and the activities on there are things i missed alot.most time we have time for meeting one another.
It is a productive workplace for first time workers and has nice people.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 2, 2019
This job started out as a summer job to make some extra money for when I graduate, but then became more than that. I met some good people, they answer my questions, they tell jokes, and made sure that the workplace is enjoyable as it is serious.
It is a relaxed atmosphere, with ski ball, etc in the break room.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 25, 2019
It was a good work experience, save some issues with other employees. I never had issues with the Lead or Supervisors. Management was having some issues during my time working there.
Pros
Good benefits (401k, healthcare, etc)
Cons
Leadership issues
Relaxed if you keep to yourself
Doc Auditor and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 25, 2019
- For the slow days they wouldn't let you leave at 4 hours in and would instead make you work an 8 hour shift brooming what is nothing since the facility is mostly clean.
- Mostly calming exp if you're on foot. No real quota to meet as long as your busy. Never really have to carry anything heavy, drivers in second shift are generally nice if you're nice.
- Supervisors might ask more than one coworker to monitor the actions of others if they think you're sus. of something.
- Drivers from 1st shift are very rude and disrespectful. I'd go far enough to say egotistical high horsed people. Complaints on drivers don't go far even if you report them to the Supervisors.
- Doc side can become chaotic but with the right team it doesn't have to be.
management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 5, 2019
they have there picked people and its just not fair to others! they really need to do better. and on top of that, the managers do not have enough communication when it comes down to their employees. please do better. and this is the geodis that off of jimmys on industrial parkway bye FedEx.
Mundane
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 21, 2019
Those that were in charge were great at motivating workers even though the work is monotonous. Great place to be and the workers are a delight to be around
About Geodis..
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 18, 2019
Geodis is a good company to work for but the people in charge at the management/supervisor level are terrible. They tend to nitpick with certain individuals and they show a lot of favoritism. If certain supervisors don't like certain employees they will write them up and or fire them. The work load itself I really enjoyed and I like working for the company as a whole, they really just need to replace their management/supervisors. They don't have good people skills and they tend to do a lot of power tripping.
Pros
Good Hours to work, fun, paid breaks
Cons
Management is awful
Welcoming work place
Material Handler (Second Shift) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 24, 2019
It's a good job to work in with multiple stations to work in. Lot's of skills to learn, and many people to work with. The hours for second shift were not always set though, so sometimes we would work for 8-9 hours, and other times we may barely reach 6-7.
Pros
Lots of overtime opportunities( on good weeks)
Cons
Variable hours
The wrost job ever
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 22, 2019
When I got sick I was a big misunderstanding I had to go to the hospital so when I went to the house when I get back with the doctor's note management said that was only to give me inside the door later I found out that I have been let go.
Not a good place to grow professionally
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAApril 17, 2019
It starts good but after a year you feel like you aren't progressing in your professional field. Here it's the same everyday and ever time not a lot of opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEODIS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.1Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight