GeoLogics Corporation Employee Reviews

Assigned to work the Quality Management System implementation which was fast paced and challenging
Quality System Specialist-RQSO (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCSeptember 6, 2018
Implementation of the QMS was difficult but we worked as a team. Collaboration with other team members and actual process owners allowed me to develop better communication skils and learn Boeing's processes.
Pros
fast-paced, learned Boeing's organizational structure and processes
Cons
stress of being a contractor for Boeing and waiting on permanent hire took over a year
Opportunity to work on some of the most advanced technology in the DOD.
Band 4, Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 19, 2018
By working as a consultant for GEOLOGICS I was able to employ my background in computer technology, project management and USE CASE background to develop the next generation of DOD satellites.
Pros
Working on some very advanced technologies.
Cons
Pros outweigh all Cons.
N/a
SharePoint Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 30, 2018
This company's work environment is mysterious and information is shared cryptically. This is typical of many IT companies where I worked; managers provide very little feedback and protect their turf and if you ask too many questions, you are perceived as "too probing".
Pros
Cons
Too many useless meetings
Fun place to work
SharePoint Analyst (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAFebruary 14, 2018
Geologics is a contracting firm, placing highly skilled and talented individuals, embedded within companies. They offer benefits to their employees, based on what each employee needs.
A Good place to work.
Program Manager IV (Current Employee) –  Hanahan, SCOctober 8, 2017
GeoLogics has always been good to me. I want to get out of contracting and back into commercial software development. GeoLogics is a contract program management company.
Nice place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 5, 2016
Nice people. Enjoy working w my co workers. Great teamwork and good leadership. Would highly recommend to others as a nice place to work.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Non
Experienced Senior Program/Project manager with significant experience supporting Large Federal Government clients offering 16 years of success lead
Senior Program/Project Maager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 1, 2016
Management Consultant with over 16 years of experience in computer/information technology field. Specialize in Program/Project Management support with a verifiable track record of managing complex IT projects and exceeding expectations. Excel in clarifying business requirements, performing gap analysis between goals and existing procedures/skill sets, and designing process and system improvements to increase productivity and reduce costs. Consistently deliver complex, small to large-scale projects on time and within budget.
Pros
Experienced
Cons
Experienced
Personable contractor; poor benefits
Configuration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 22, 2016
Remote contractor; good to work with but very poor benefits and information on health options confused and poorly documented. No relocation assistance.
Pros
administrators hard working and friendly
Cons
confused and poor benefits
Cares for empoyees
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 6, 2016
This company has treated me well and provided me wit the guidance and tools to succeed. Would recommend this company to anyone and if willing would work with them if contract continues. Has excellent benefits and good compensation package.
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
Contract relying on military for renewal
At the Drilling Field Site...
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 21, 2015
Just about a month working as intern for the company,i get to learn more on fields operation especially on drilling of crude oil, which i never get to see physically. I was with the field supervisors and he showed me most of the necessary thing i need to know...the hardest part of the job is safety measures have to be know and carefully deals with. Most times you must always be on overall coat and helmet and safety gloves and shoes. Lastly my most enjoyable of the job is get to know how to get logs for drilling through map data and working alongside my colleagues.
Pros
Free Lunches every day at work...
Cons
Healthcare is available for all workers
Employees from the top down are supportive of one another.
Electrical Drafter (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 21, 2015
Manager easy to reach. CEO genuinely cares about his employees. Human Resource staff quick to answer questions. Co-workers have a special bond for one another.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally when holding informative meetings.
Cons
No paid holidays.
Senior Business Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 27, 2015
Great place to work. I have been with this company for many years. This is a contracting position so jobs come and go with funding.
Rude, incapable of reading or basic logic
job hunter (Former Employee) –  MOFebruary 16, 2015
Thinking I responded to 3am emails too slow, I would be asked to call them to discuss items... via email. Would take 3+ times of clearly worded messages for them to sink in. And of course it's always my fault. Avoid like the plague.
I was the first Geologics employee at Buckley AFB
Missile Defense Operator/Test Director (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 5, 2015
I did not have day to day interaction with Geologics. I was subcontracted to Northrop Grumman. Geologics management was there if I needed help.
Pros
Competitive salary, benefits
Very Good
Procurement Agent (Former Employee) –  Boeing located in Long Beach, CAOctober 7, 2014
I worked as contract labor for The Boeing Company (Long Beach, CA) as a purchasing agent through GeoLogics. As the manager of my labor contract, GeoLogics negotiated an acceptable salary and work schedule. Administratively, Geologics insured consistent and timely paycheck deposits as well as immediate responses to any inquiries I may have had.
Productive and fun place to work.
Class P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMJuly 9, 2014
Good group of people to work for. Take care of their employees. A typical work day involves working on aircraft, launch and recovery aircraft, and servicing aircraft. Learn about F-16's and F-18's and other equipment. Management was good to work for and listened to employees suggestions. Co-workers were fun to work with and most of them had military backgrounds.The hardest part of the job is it is sometimes physical and you have to learn to be flexible. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of accomplishing the missions on a daily basis and reaching milestones.
Pros
Good work enivronment
Cons
Do not get many holidays off.
n/a
Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 27, 2013
It was great company to work for. They made sure that eveything was ok and answered any questions my may have.
contractor position
Contractor - Production Coordinator for Boeing SC (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 11, 2013
Basically Geologics review would be the same as The Boeing Company review. It was basically the same job.
Pros
Contractor position
Cons
No benefits
Great Company
Contract Driver/Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 24, 2013
The only drawback to the position that i held with this firm was that it was at the end of the contract time and during my employment with this firm I found both the company president and the company vice president as both very nice and very involved withthe day to day operatios of their business and came to liking both as close friends.

One could not find a better company to work for as both of these gentlemen were very active and were also very outgoing professionally!!!
Pros
Both were very involved
Cons
The contract end came to quickly at NO fault to GeoLogics Corporation
A great contractor house to work for
Contractor for Boeing (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 19, 2013
GeoLogics was a contractor house willing to set me up with a great opportunity