George DeLallo Company Employee Reviews

Never again will I beg for a job
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAJanuary 22, 2019
Nothing good to say about this company. I felt as low as one could get waiting for months only TO be humiliated .Never was treated that bad. I should have got an attorney.
Top of the line olive and antipasti company
Southwest Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Weekly Travel.
Monthly Meetings.
Broker Management
Work with retailers, distributors, merchandisers and brokers daily
Create sales presentations, research competitor product within the market.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Travel alot
Horrible place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2018
I worked at Delallo and all I can say is if your able to work 70 hours a week and not seeing your family for weeks at a time then this may be for you. Horrible management and corporate structure, HR department is the worst I have ever encountered. The company is run by evil people please take my advice and steer clear.
Pros
Cons
Working six days a week
Horrible
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PAMay 24, 2018
Don't make one mistake or your out the door no warnings given or 2nd chances. Very cruel company to work for. Always was on time worked my shift and never called off.
Poor Management
Food Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PAApril 29, 2018
Workers treated like animals. Lucky to get a bathroom break. Cameras everywhere! Shorted on pay constantly. Owner calls workers names. They make employees work overtime without notice.
Horrible management owner is cruel and no one cares about you
Sales (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PAApril 28, 2018
Don’t waste your time with this company. They don’t train you correctly and over work you. No matter what you’re hired for they throw you in a deli for 60 hours a week and expect you to learn by cutting cheese. Get real. They’re unprofessional and have no compassion. The one ones who are doing well in the company are the people who have been there for years. No one wants to work for bullies. And that’s what they all are.. bullies! And you only get one 30 minute break a day when working 10 hours. Pathetic. Ppl would be surprised if they knew how horrible these ppl are.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company.. UNPROFESSIONAL!
Great Company and leadership
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 20, 2018
I loved working for Fran Delallo, he treated us with the utmost respect for our age, our knowledge of the business, and our contacts earned over many years of expeience, I should have never left his employ.
Pros
Treated with respect
Cons
Travel was extensive
Horriable
Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PADecember 18, 2017
The upper management is horrible. The system is from the 80s. No advancement opportunities. There is no training and if you weren’t there when the deal was made verbally with the customer you have no idea what is going on. Work load is insane and it is all expected to be done to a certain standard otherwise you’ll be yelled at about it. You have to rely on email for everything otherwise you need to find someone that’s been there a long time that might have an email about it. HR could careless about you as a person. Coworkers are rude. Departments fight. But other than that they do feed you lunch once a month and it’s good.
Cons
No advancement, poor pay
fast paced and a great place to learn about italian food
2nd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Penn, PADecember 9, 2017
picked orders checked orders loaded trucks .I was able to learn a lot about Italian food .management gave me a chance move around in the company .everyone in the warehouse got along and worked together hardest part of the job is getting the trucks loaded on time .the best part of the job is learning about Italian food
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
low pay
Not a good place to work
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Penn, PA and New Stanton, PANovember 9, 2017
The working conditions are terrible, poor management. Very questionable ethics and the supervision will always take advantage of the hourly workers. Poor pay and absolutely poor working conditions. Very high turnover rate, always advertising for employees.
Pros
Cons
Very poor wages, terrible treatment
A cultured work life
Cashier, Stocking, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jeannette, PAJuly 7, 2017
Hard work, constantly reviewed by 'advanced' employees. Nice place though. Learn a great deal about the Italian culture & work ethic. Task repeat daily with the cliche of 'same stuff different day' motto.
Pros
half off lunches, holiday pay, regular raises
Cons
needy management
Great Company, terrible managment
Custodian/Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PAJune 30, 2017
I fully enjoyed this job up until the supervisor became untrustworthy. After learning about her manufacturing information in my first meeting with HR, I became weary of my actions around her. She then had gotten me fired by saying I had broken approximately $15,000 worth of equipment, but when I requested evidence to support these claims I was escorted out of the building to never hear from them again.
Excellent Product
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 26, 2017
DeLallo is a great company. They expect a lot, but compensated accordingly. Salary and expenses were all paid on time! Easy corporate to work with, they always answered your call. Enjoyed working here.
good company but very strict
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jeannette, PANovember 11, 2016
its a good company but they are very strict! they employees are very nice but if you dont like being nick picked on everything you do then this job is not for you.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
very strict
Fast Paced and Challenging
Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Life here is very fast paced. You have to be able to multi-task with percision and accuracy. All this is made possible by the exceptional people whom work for this company. Without everyone working together, none of what we have accomplished would be possible. I have learned very valuable skills, including how to think outside the box, from co-workers and management. I have also learned the entire process from product development, buying, production, sales, warehousing, right on up through transportation. The most important thing I have learned is customer service. I have learned to collaborate with maketing to develop new ways of doing business. The hardest yet at the same time most enjoyable part of my job is the constant change. Consumer trends are consantly changing, we need to change with them and find ways to increase business and still make money.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Fun Place to work
stock (Former Employee) –  Jeannette, PAJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at Delallo's its just really unfortunate it was just a holiday job. when I worked there I worked pretty much everyday it was a lot to handle it was always busy but I got the hang of it and I think I did my job pretty well. I learned how to work in a fast pace while working at Delallo's. I also learned how to do multiple jobs at once but get them all done around the same time. the managers there they were nice but you could tell they didn't have the time to sit around and talk and which motivated me to do the same. my co-workers were nice they helped me out a lot. the hardest part of the job was when I first started and I had to learn where everything was. I enjoyed working there overall, it was an great experience.
Pros
half off on all products
Cons
they were always busy
fast paced
Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAApril 24, 2015
I work for the online part of Delallo's, It has been a great new experience working on the changes of the website. It is very interesting working with the sales force
Pros
New experiences
Cons
not sure
Easy Job
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Penn, PAFebruary 10, 2015
In my time with Delallos I learned how to work on semi trucks and trailers, repair's ranged from PM's to in chassis overhauls. also i did snow removal for the store in Jeannette.
Delallo is difficult
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jeannette, PAJuly 18, 2014
The sales floor is always busy, which is great if you want to stay busy- who doesn't at work? However, management turns a blind eye to issues with coworkers to the point where it almost becomes unbearable. Opportunities for advancement are limited, and seems more of a favorites game.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Work every weekend; poor management
very secure job, but little to no advancement opportunity
Warehouse Laborer (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PAApril 15, 2014
This job gave me the opportunity to gain a vast knowledge of warehousing operations. Most of the employees are very friendly. The biggest downfall is that management has pretty much been the same for the last 20 years and some of them are very rude to employees and customers as well. There is also no set raise system, and advancement is very slow.
Pros
as much overtime as desired
Cons
hard to work for