George Mason University
81High

George Mason University Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA520 reviews
Student & faculty shuttle
Easy to operate shuttle buses. Friendly staff & passengers. Got to meet a lot of new people and enjoyed interacting with them daily, they were a very diverse group of clients.
N/a
Happy, diverse, responsive workforce with qualified and reliable managers, worker development, pension, training, supervisory, community service and family
Ever changing, exciting enviroment
College athletics is a fantastic industry to be involved. Unfortunately at a mid-major lack of funds makes every day challenging from budget and salary standpoint. Great connections and opportunities to make a difference in student athletes' lives.
Worst place ever
If you are looking for work life balance it is non existent. Everyone that works there is mistreated and underappreciated. Would never work for them again!
Ongoing education, at any age
GMU has been really wonderful although the last time I attended classes on-campus was 1997 and WOW has the campus changed since then! It's amazing, truly is!
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Its a great place to work and learn.
My work helps me understand students perspective and help them accordingly. It is flexible and fun to do. I work for my favorite course so it even helps to understand the concepts.
Productive work environment with excellent diversity
A day working here at George Mason is very structured and semi-relaxed.
The office is very relaxed, there are a range of meetings that take place on a day to day basis that in most cases provide a breakfast or lunch that staff may partake of and offer a range of options for those with sensitivities, during the various holidays celebrated by staff of various cultures we observe all of them in a very inclusive way. There is a balance between the work and the relax in the workplace as well.
Ok work environment
Since I only teach 1 class per academic year, I do not feel qualified to give a review of GMU. It would not be a fair assessment of the University. But as an adjunct, I feel grateful for the opportunity and faculty and staff of the Department have been fully supportive.
Pros
Inclusive environment
Great college professors
Great work, very flexible timing if youre an research assistant. you are easily able to talk with the team even if youre given work from home because professor is amazing. Great team.
High quality
Have enjoyed working for GMU for over a decade. I enjoy flexibility and continue to grow in my professional skills and knowledge while being surrounded by quality team members.
Good place to learn
I like learning and this place makes it possible, however the structure is such that for a change to occur, it take a long period of time, which can lead to frustration at times
Very good place to work at
It was fun teaching classes, graduate and undergraduate like Gender in the Middle East, the Forbidden Middle East, and other classes as well as making sure the program was UP and Running.
It was good working with students
Had fun working in the lab with students. Got to design assignments and help them overcome obstacles. Grading could get a little out of hand. Office hours were always busy.
Research
Through this position, my love for research was born. My supervisor was very helpful, eager to teach and inquire about my thoughts about the projects we worked on.
Good Environment, but pay compensation isn't commiserate with private sector.
Working for George Mason University has been excellent for the most part. My management team makes me feel head and respected. The youthful energy of working at a University definitely keeps the days from all feeling the same. The state provided benefits are great; we get two weeks off at the end of the year. However, the actual take home pay is well below what someone with my expertise would get elsewhere. Also, there is a lot of red tape to get even simple done.
Pros
Benefits, Workplace Environment
Cons
Pay, Bureaucracy
Meh. It started out pretty good.
Benefits are good but salaries are low. In certain departments there is no room for advancement. No work life balance. Good place to work if you plan on pursuing another degree while working at the same time.
Great work space
I work part-time as a graduate teaching assistant, being a full-time student here. Can't complain about the work, mostly depends on the professor assigned to.
fun work place
I’m working as a graduate teaching assistant, teaching the java courses and intelligence analyst methods to the graduate students and grading their assignments. It helped me grow my skills in team collaboration, verbal communication and project leadership.
Productive, fun, and inclusive work space
I have appreciated working as an off-campus advisor for two years. My professional skills have increased immensely, and I have learned so much about others and myself. My skills in leadership, teamwork, communication, and inclusion have increased through this job and for that I am forever grateful.
Temp
I was just a temporary worker but the job was very manageable and the people that I worked for you are very professional and kind and that made me comfortable to work with this company
Only if you’re desperate
If you’re into brown-nosing and a kissing then this is the place for you. If you don’t participate in that type of behavior then avoid this place bc you’ll get treated poorly here. The double standards here make it very depressing and unenjoyable to work here. Soon as I find another job I’m out of here!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at George Mason University. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.