George Mason University Employee Reviews

Great place
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 3, 2018
GMU is a great place for learning and working. people are respectful and helpful. If you search to find a student job at Gmu, it is easy. There are many programs for student to Studay and work.
Learning new stuff
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 22, 2018
I was participated the research as a volunteer student.

The professor helped me a lot to follow their study.

It was a great experience to participate.
Academic English Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 21, 2018
The staff members were wonderful and supportive. The environment was conducive to teaching and learning as the instructors are able to feel comfortable bringing in new materials in that helps the students learn better.
Productive and fun workplace with opportunity for networking
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 8, 2018
As a part time job, The Ridge was a good place to work that allowed for students to have a work-study balance. A typical day consisted of data entry and some customer service.
Very Good
Internship at GMU (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 27, 2018
A typical day consists of designing an experiment and conducting it. My Principle Investigator was kind, but still expected me to perform at my best. The Research Assistants were very focused.

Overall, It was a good experience.
DataSplash Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 22, 2018
Easy to find positions, experience depends on project you work in. Well thought out positions, easy to find opportunities. Good management. Flexible work hours.
Paid off
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 6, 2018
It gave me the experience needed and helped me grow my network. I would have meetings up to 4 times a week with different professors. The LA program helped provide a base for my research career.
Okay place to work
Communications Manager Fairfax (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 2, 2018
Depends on where you work in the university. My office in particular had some really great people in it but unfortunately every office isn't like that.
Productive Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 26, 2018
Learnt and grown a lot after working as research assistant. I was working as SQL database administrator and also as a Web developer. A very productive work environment with lots of support from students and faculty members.
Great Place to Learn
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 23, 2018
As a 3 time graduate of GMU I am satisfied with the education I earned. The school provided many career opportunities to excel and understand my field of study. As an employer maybe better compensation.
Pros
Opportunities to teach and learn
Cons
Compensation should be revisited
Great school
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 21, 2018
The students are great and very attentive. They are kind and always willing to participate. However, there is not much school spirit as it is a commuter school.
Good Place, Depending on the Division
Adjunct Professor of Management Studies (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 19, 2018
GMU is going through a lot of growing pains; much shift in strategic direction for the various departments and divisions; over-all, a good place to work.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Growing pains
Computer Science Teacher's Assistant
Computer Science Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 17, 2018
It was a fairly easy job as I had gotten the job after I had taken their class. A lot of review on things you already knew and you only had to help the students who asked. Not a lot was asked of you other than to help the students as best you can.
Pros
easygoing, relaxed, simple
Cons
low pay, lack of hours
There as a Work Study
Office Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 12, 2018
Each Department is different and they don't operate in the same way, I had excellent bosses and the faculty in the Department are good people and really seem to like there job so they make coming to work fun.
GTA Position is straight forward.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Software Engineering) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 8, 2018
Straight forward work. Can also get a chance to teach students.

I would say the work life was relaxed and also flexible to an extent. Professor I worked under was knowledgeable. I learnt a lot.
Overall Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 3, 2018
Liked the worked culture there. Pretty comfortable. Positive people around. Flexible work schedule. Teaching students is the best part. I learned a lot from them
Greatest place to work in the Northern Virginia area
Teaching, Advising (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 29, 2018
Great company. Great people. I love my job and the people I work with everyday. I would not consider working anywhere else. Unfortunately the cost of living is extremely high and salaries are not reflective.
Healthy Work Environment
Executive Director of Neighborhood Council (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 29, 2018
Working at George Mason University as a resident advisor was generally very enjoyable. One of the largest skills I learned being a Resident Advisor at George Mason University was how to more personable and understanding of different personal characteristics of my peers.
GMU was a diverse and friendly environment.
GMU's The Fourth Estate Published Writer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 27, 2018
GMU exposed me to a variety of cultures and I was able to work with people from cultures around the world. This proved to be the most valuable asset of this university.
GMU Library Assistance
Circulation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for GMU as long as I did. I was employed there when I was a student and later as a professional in their main library. Both positions taught me valuable skills and provided excellent training for future positions.
Pros
Salary, work environment
Cons
Management is poor at times