George Washington University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work. Plenty of room for growth. Great leadership and visibility from senior leaders. GW is fun and engaging. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to work in healthcare.
life at gw universit college
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 16, 2018
coworkers are great but the eeo and human resource is a joke for the large campus. this university needs to hire good people and not there friends and family's especially in the university police department too start with. I would like to see a complete change in how they conduct interview when they investigate coworkers for different incicents that occur while on duty.
Relaxed, Open and Flexible Environment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 16, 2018
Once you get into the GW network you are in but the problem is getting in. I was a Colonial Temp and I was not hired for the full-time permanent position.
work ethic
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
great work ethic, great team , really enjoyed every minute of being appreciated. Good salary, no expectations, would crecommend workign there to anyone.
A good place to work.
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
Good job security and advancements. Very good benefits. Managers who are interested in seeing you advance and grow in the company, by taking classes provided by the university.
Pros
Picnics, holiday parties.
Cons
Long hours at time, but compensated for them.
Hard working environment with good people.
Dietary Aide and Call Center (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
Thankful for the opportunity to be apart of this organization. If I had not moved so far away I would be still working there. It is a fast pace environment and it demands wisdom and knowledge for the safety of patients and co-workers. If I ever move back closer, I will seek the opportunity again to grow in this company.
Productive Work Environment
Police Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2018
High call volume internally and externally. A cultural environment with intense calls at times. The department was operated as a team. All officers were trained in an Academy to handle the calls produced.
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2018
GW seems like a relatively small community, but the great thing about being in D.C. is that there's a little bit of everything. You're going to find so many people who are gung-ho on interning at the State Department and into politics, but you are just as likely to find people who are doing that one day and then the next day they're in an acapella group or getting into music, art or sculpture.
great for admin temps but not for those with degrees
Temp (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 6, 2018
Temping here has been interesting, the environment between the HR and site location isnt fluid. Considering the jobs have lasted between 3 days to 3 months, relationship with colonial temp and the site should be stronger. Overall there are varied jobs mostly administrative.

No benefits and no real professional advancement opportunities into full time gigs as touted.
n/a
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2018
George Washington university was ok. dealing with the kids who attended programs there so it kept busy. wish i could have stayed longer. i would recommend to a friend
Gw hospital
RESPIRATORY THERAPY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 28, 2018
GREAT LEARNING OPPORTUNTIES. Personnel as the ability to experience new innovative and challenging skills while working in Level one trauma and highly populated metro hospital
not a good work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2018
The manager was very unprofessional and demeaning. The manager would change your days off without notice, give special treatment to her friends. Constant meetings not about work but gossip on the unit.
N/a
Licensed Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2018
A typical day involves seeing 8-12 patients. Great team dynamic and very fast-paced. There are many rewarding patients and overall it is a wonderful environment with great co-workers.
n/a
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2018
Only worked there s short period of time doing housekeeping. Overall it was a good experience would've stayed longer if possible, Management was fair and worked with a diverse group.
Gwu
Employee (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 18, 2018
A great place to be except the parking is terrible. The area of Foggy Bottom is very nice. New GW President and AD at school are both great fits for the University.
Loved working in the hospital enviroment
Floor Tech/Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2018
Overall I love the experience I gained as being an employee and would like to further my career in the healthcare industry it really was a growing experience
Working at the Geroge Washington Univeristy Medical Center was very rewarding.
Supervisor, Anesthesia Billing Services (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2018
I began my work career at the George Washington University Medical Center when I was only 19 years old and continue to work there for 27 years when I decided to move back to my hometown in Mississippi. The work experience there was absolutely the best and I was sorry that I had to relocate.
Great Location, bustling environment
Visiting Professor, Honors Program (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2018
GW is in the middle of it all, the main campus is location in downtown DC.Most students are self-motivated and studious. The University is well organized and well run. If you get a job offer from GW - take it.
The house keeping department needs balance
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 12, 2018
there is no balance no structure in the house keeping department the job is ok depending on the shift worked long mornings days and nights are expected
My Previous Employer
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2018
Obtained a lot of working experience with the maintenance staff.
Enjoyed the association with the students every year
Learned to use various types of equipment while employed by George Washington University. It is a great place to work
Pros
Great Place to Work
Cons