GEORGETOWN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Quick paced hospital enviorment
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYSeptember 13, 2017
I worked collections and helped indigent patients find other recourses to help with there hospital bills. I would answer switch board for operator to take breaks.
Very good place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCSeptember 11, 2017
It to me is very secure. We all know the hospital open 24 hrs a day 7 days a week and 365 days a year so the hrs and work is always needed so you can't lose
Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  1140 Lexington Rd Georgetown, myAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work. Caring management team. Willing to above and beyond to insure their employees are taken care of. Pay is great in some departments.
Radiologic Technologist PRN
Radiologic Technologist (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Job, KYAugust 20, 2017
I worked PRN and there wasn't much action in the emergency department, but there was opportunity for advancement in the x-ray department. The co-workers were very friendly and I enjoyed working there. The manager at the time gave me two weeks to train and I trained in one and she commended me on my work and catching on quickly. Manager would tell employees they were doing a good job then turn around and say they were doing a bad job.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement and teamwork
Cons
management
Great employers
Certified Medical Assistant and Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYAugust 2, 2017
Georgetown Community Hospital is a great place to work but no room for growth or advancement in the company. I enjoyed my job but I am not pushed to think or even be creative.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 5, 2017
It is a very well teaching hospital. My first job at a hospital as CNA and it's much more different than a nursing home. Nurses are very helpful as well.
Productive and fun place to work. Has Vitality which helps you to loose work and get discounts on your insurance.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMay 10, 2017
It is an enjoyable place to work. Really love the patients that I work with. Not too far from home. Get to meet a lot of good people from everywhere.
Pros
Free lunches, recognize all special days
Cons
At times a little short staffed but that occurs just about everwher
The best hard job out there
Director (Current Employee) –  Human Resources and Volunteer ServicesFebruary 14, 2016
I've been with them for over 10 years. The absolute BEST coworkers, hardest working managers and terrific company. It is all hard work, but VERY rewarding. There are great opportunities for growth and super education assistance.
Pros
Family feel and education support
Cons
PTO could be higher per year.
Productive and fun place to work
Housekeeper/Dietary Food Service (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYOctober 13, 2014
A typical day in this position for me is having more fun than work. I love working with customers. The hardest part of the job is being only part time. I enjoy every aspects of this position available.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no full time positions available
Official response from GEORGETOWN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
March 6, 2017

Everyone has an important role to play in delivering an excellent patient experience. We recognize that everyone is important, so we have an atmosphere of acceptance and acknowledgement. If we are walking down the hallway, in a patient room, or in the cafeteria we greet and acknowledge one another.

Here's an example. I've had office supplies delivery folks say, "Hey man, thank you for helping me find that office. I always look forward to delivering here. Not every hospital cares enough to take the time to help delivery guys like me."

Instead of having our heads down and zoning out... we keep our heads up. We see people. We have a passion for people.

Hospital Med Surg Floor
Med-Surg Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Georgetown KYJuly 15, 2013
Can be a hectic floor. Staffing is based on ratio and a nurse may be put on call. Once a stable staff can be maintained, I am sure the work load may improve.

Want to know more about GEORGETOWN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL?

Ask a question
I have mixed feelings about this company but prefer not to say anything negative.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYFebruary 28, 2013
Pros
often gave employees merchandise. appeared to appreciate employees
Cons
management support was lacking
Best work environment you could ask for!
Hospital Information Systems, Director (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 5, 2012
Georgetown Community Hospital was not only a great place to work but it is located in the beautiful bluegrass of KY. The staff and administration were all great to work with. The leadership was A+ from the CEO down! Located only minutes from the famous Horse Parks of Kentucky you can be sure to find something special about the area. Down the street, Lexington provides the benefits of a large city yet Georgetown has all you could ask for including a feel of small town living.

The best hospital - Georgetown Community Hospital!
Pros
local people, facility staff, management, leadership- all great to work with and be around.
Official response from GEORGETOWN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
March 6, 2017

Our hospital campus is conveniently located just 12 minutes from New Circle Road in Lexington. From our campus you can see clearly the big blue building in downtown... that's how close we are. So you can enjoy the benefits of a shorter commute and free-parking near the entrance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEORGETOWN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

GEORGETOWN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Reviews by Location