Georgetown Hospital System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to Work
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCDecember 18, 2016
I worked part time at Georgetown Hospital while in college, registering patients and operating the switchboard. I learned a lot about the healthcare industry while there. I really enjoyed it and would love to return in a different capacity.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
at the time, pay was not on par for non-medical support staff
Review
Cash Analyst (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, SCDecember 18, 2015
It was an enjoyable experience working for Georgetown Hospital System. It was an excellent opportunity for personal growth while at this job.
over all I have no regrets working there.
RN-Case Manager /Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCOctober 8, 2015
Over all I enjoyed working here. I learned a lot, became hyperbaric, chemo, ACLS certifiied. I found out that their are some people with great work ethics and some who are not. I tried to help not only my patients, but also co-workers. I enjoyed precepting nursing students.
I know for me the hardest part of being a nurse is when a patient passes away and having to tell their loved ones.
Most managers had an open door policy which was nice. They encouraged continuing our education.
Pros
Great hours and decent pay, free vaccines
Cons
short staffed, did not always reimburse for continuing your education.
fun learning enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  georgetown, scMay 16, 2015
Be prepared to work and earn your pay for all the hard work one is described and expected to do. I have learned teamwork is the answer to any problem. The management is ok, along with some co workers. The hardest part of the job is being swamped as a CNA on a unit and not having much help from staff. But overall its okay.
Pros
n/a
Cons
non stop work, long hours, not fair staffing
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, SCMarch 9, 2015
This is a great company to work for the employees are very friendly. The work environment is awesome and I enjoy rgrgeggreg gtgtgtrgtgtgttty tgtgtgt6yhhgfggt
Pros
tHIS
Administrative Resident (Current Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCJuly 15, 2014
-Stay productive
-The dynamics of healthcare!
-Majortiy of managment were very open to help me gain exposure
-Excited to have a vibrant spirit join the team
-Learning the dynamics of healthcare is like a different language
-I feel by having an MBA, a hardworking personality, and the experience I now have will accelerate me
Director
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SC 29575July 14, 2014
leadership
budget
staffing
productivity
planning
case mix
Pros
teaching facility
Cons
huge campus
Favoritism in lab with director
Lab tech (Current Employee) –  Murrells inletMarch 19, 2014
r Employee of georgetown hospital system laboratory.Director show too much favoritism toward certain employees.Does not look out for the best interest of lab.Doe not handle problems in a timely fashion.Good workers are never recognize.There is a high turn around rate for phlebotomist.The hospital does not pay enough to live off.
Pros
Some great people work there
Cons
Favoritism means you can never move up in management
Diagnostic radiology at hospital imaging center
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCMarch 13, 2014
Worked 8:30 am to 5 pm. I learned how to use state of the art equipment. Management was good but wore the administrative "puppet strings". Co-workers were both great and "clicky back-stabbers". Hardest part of the job was special fluoro procedures that I had not experienced since training 20+ years before. The most enjoyable part of the job was making an impactful difference in patients' lives.
Pros
Working in the field I was registered and certified in
Cons
Hard labor job and I'm not getting any younger
Great organization but dysfunctional department
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCMarch 13, 2014
The organization is great, and the atmosphere is pleasant. However, the laboratory department is dysfunctional. Half of the techs are hard-working and team oriented; however, there are a couple who do not perform the same. The phlebotomy department is also in disarray. There are a couple of hard-working, great phlebotomist who give 100% everyday; however, the rest of them do not put their all into their work which creates much tension among employees. Management shows favoritism towards a handful of employees, both techs and phlebotomists. Management is also very slow to handle issues in the department which adds to the tension and enables non-performing employees to be counter-productive. There are also little room for advancement in this department also.
Pros
Great organization; great customer interactions
Cons
Dysfunctional department
Great staff members
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  LabOctober 31, 2013
Lab Management is not the greatest, unprofessional, Non management Staff is awesome to work with, they Can't keep Phlebotomist
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Upper Lab Management
Productive and Fun place to work
Remiitance Rep (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, SCFebruary 10, 2013
I enjoy my job and I have learned alot since working my position at GMH.
Pros
breaks
Cons
healthcare
Taking care of others and their needs.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, SCFebruary 2, 2013
My typical day at work is getting patients ready for the day and making sure all their needs are met. I have learned how to take my time and have patience with others. My co-workers are wonderful people to be around and everyone helps each other. The hardest part of my job is seeing my patients in pain. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I helped someone.
Pros
helping others
Cons
seeing others in pain
Excellent healthcare facility
Computed Tomography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, SCMarch 26, 2012
Excellent healthcare facility with great customer service to patients.
Very up to date equipment. Excellent place to work or be a patient.
Pros
benefits, equipment, customer service