Georgetown University Employee Reviews

Great place to work even though it is fast-paced.
Lead Program Coordinator, BGE (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2018
My day was mostly about the prospective students and completing their applications. I liked greeting all the prospective students and the fun days included orientations, open houses and recruiting for applicants.
Pros
Travelling to other universities for Graduate Fair Recruitment
Cons
Required meetings that took away from my daily duties.
Fun work place with ping pong table
Research Associate, Research Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2018
Georgetown University is one of the world's leading academic and research institutions, offering a unique educational experience that prepares the next generation of global citizens to lead and make a difference in the world. We are a vibrant community of exceptional students, faculty, alumni and professionals.
Productive and Fun
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Georgetown University. The talent development department was exciting and I had the opportunity to meet many employees through workshops.
Pros
Fun to work there
Cons
position was temporary
Toxic Tech Transfer Office
Licensing and Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2018
By far this is the most professional organization that I have ever worked for but the TTO is unfortunately full of crazy psychopaths. If you value your sanity, don't even think about working here...
It was ok nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 3, 2018
Enjoyed night shift. Co-workers were very nice I was learn a lot and was educated but other coworkers learning about other medical issues Georgetown Hospital I got to experience working in other departments from time to time
Great University, unbalanced athletic department
Assistant Coach, Football (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2018
Georgetown is one of the best Universities in the world. The commitment to developing students is more than just lip service at the University. The athletic department is heavily slanted towards the 2 basketball programs. The majority of the budgets and priorities are given to the basketball programs.
Pros
Great University in a great location
Cons
Lack of commitment to athletic programs other than basketball
Job satisfaction depends on school/department
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2018
As with any institution, certain schools or departments are better to work for than others. The environment is very political and advancement is often stunted. However, the students I worked with were fantastic!
Pros
students, hours
Cons
management, little advancement
Grad School
Predoctoral Fellowship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 14, 2018
I worked long hours with little pay but that is what grad school is about. Published one paper and found a great post doc afterwards. Lots of freedom.
Its great to work in campus
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2018
Love to work on the campus with the professionals. Can acquire the latest information from everywhere. The management system is easy to use and the team owns the same goal to achieve.
Great Potential
SENIOR DIRECTOR FOR RESEARCH ENGINEERING (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 5, 2018
Georgetown has a great history and mission that has created world class leaders and a very loyal alumni. The faculty and students are worldclass but Managers that oversee staff are very weak and treat themselves and their teams as third rate citizens that should only do what has been told. This type of culture leaves out a great deal of people, who have dedicated their lives to the University and that the University needs to solve many challenges that the University will face now and into the future.

If this culture was solved, this would be a great place with great benefits.
What makes Georgetown special
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2018
Georgetown University was a wonderful place to work. I grew so much professionally during my time there. It's not uncommon to attend a seminar with former heads of states, high ranking government officials, and other world leaders. Although the pay could be better, the benefits are second to none (tuition assistance, medical, 403B). I thoroughly enjoyed work there.
Pros
Education Opportunities, A-list guest speakers, Benefits
Cons
pay
School of Continuing Studies is not a great environment to work in if you are a person of color
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 12, 2018
Promotions and hiring primarily are benefits that young white employees obtain. I have been at Georgetown for 9.5 years and have only made 5,000 more dollars since I started. Additionally, I am not better in my career after obtaining two degrees both undergrad and grad.
Pros
Free tuition for you and your children
Cons
No growth, biased enviornment
Full experience for collaborative projects to move to next opportunity
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 8, 2018
Meetings were common to most days for discussing projects status and assigned tasks.The exchange was positive and set high goals to achieve. the hardest part of the day was sometimes syncing schedules to reach decisions to move to next stages.Visiting speaker seminars enriched the experience of being involved in research, and the free pizza and coke were not bad at all.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lack of mentorship
Productive workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2018
Good first job for me. Learned a lot. Great experience for me. It taught me how to work with others and how to deal with different situations correctly.
Great benefits, Tuition Assistance, Stable Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2018
The work is good, but individual's stay in their positions for years so in order to advance, a new role must be created or someone leaves. With that, the tuition assistance is a great benefit as well as the friendly people who work here. As with any long-standing non-profit, there is a lot of bureaucracy that can make it difficult to get work done, but, if you do your job well, people trust in your abilities.
Pros
Tuition Assistance
Cons
Bureaucracy, inefficiency
Georgetown is great...for now
Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2018
Georgetown, at one time, was a great institution. Through a series of poor decisions and growing administrative staff over the years, they pay raises get smaller and they are always looking to cut benefits.
Very Friendly
Cashier/ Prep Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 7, 2018
my typical day at work for Georgetown University working as a cashier/ prep cook was pretty cool all I really had to do was take the students meal card and charge them by their plan. The manager were a little rude and disrespectful and they sometimes messed up people paychecks but other than that the community was great and the environment was very great
Pros
Great Pay Checks
Successful Completion of Assignment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2017
Contract Position. DId not allow for full immersion into the culture.
However, I was given the tools needed to successfully complete assignment.
This was a contract position -three mont assignment.
Pros
Great Hours and Flexibility
Cons
Long Commute
Quick paced, nice and energetic
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 25, 2017
Lots of passengers in D.C. and parts of Rosslyn, busy commutes. You're commute has to be concise and short to make time narrow down for all the stops.
Pros
Affordable HealthCare
Cons
Would have been happy there forever
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2017
The pediatric oncology team at Georgetown was a pleasure to work with, they were respectful, dedicated, honest and supportive. There were two requirements of the team, that the best interest of the child and family came first and that you be willing to work hard. They have the luxury of being a small clinic with the best resources available-there was nothing they would not do for their patients.