Georgetown University Employee Reviews

Excellent
District of Columbia - Academic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dept of performing artsAugust 17, 2019
Warm, inviting, creative and simply a k cue in a lifetime place to work - I would recommend to anyone with a passion for intellectual inquiry and a passion for social justice
Wonderful place to work!
Programming Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2019
Positive workplace culture. Offered lots of training to help advance my IT career. Great work-life balance. Good amount of maternity leave. When I returned from maternity leave they allowed me to work part-time, and I worked remotely some of those hours.
Fun and Productive workplace
Quality Assurance Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2019
I have being there since 2016. It is a fun and productive workplace. Managers and coworker are great to work with. The location of the job is perfect, in the heart of Georgetown.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 21, 2019
I enjoyed my time working for Georgetown University. I have learned a great amount and the Physicians took the time to teach. The pay wasn’t great but the perks made up for it.
It's the Georgetown way or the highway
Associate Registrar (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2019
There is a very rich and entrenched culture at Georgetown University. The pace is slow and change is difficult. Push too hard and you will be eaten alive.
N/a
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 8, 2019
For this job is perfect y good ,the people is nice ,everything is good, for food is good, fresh food, everything is very fresh. The manager is ver nice
Good working environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2019
I worked both Didactic and Clinical sides. Enjoyed my students and my colleagues. Would recommend this to any graduate with an MSN/PhD who has a background in Research
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2019
Enjoyed the atmosphere and the students. A lot of renovation happening currently but once it is concluded, the campus will be lovely. I enjoyed the students at GU.
Sports Marketing & Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2019
Team is very friendly and full of life. Athletics are a priority at Georgetown and students provide a great platform of student athletic fans. Highly recommend working here
As a student, a great way to gain experience
Photographer/Videographer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2019
As a student, working for the university has been a great opportunity to grow as a person and a creator. This position has provided great chances to meet other professionals and do things I would not have had access to otherwise.
Università di alto livello
Stage professionale (Former Employee) –  Washington County, DCJune 4, 2019
Lavorare nel campo di un'università prestigiosa come GU è stata un'esperienza eccellente.
Wonderful yniversity
Fellow in Foreign Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2019
Could nit be a better place tp learn and grow. What else could a person want. Culture, money, advancements. All included st georgetown. Go there asap and enjoy your working experience every day.
Pros
All great
Cons
Very good school to teach for. I have never had any problems whatsoever
Adjunct Faculty member (Current Employee) –  OnlineMay 20, 2019
I like teaching online my students are different cultural background and we learn from teach other. I really love teaching online. To me, it is not hectic to teach online because I have been doing it for a long time and I know how to manage my time. The hardest part of teaching online is not seeing the students face-to-face. the most enjoyable part of the job is learning from the learners from different cultural background.
Pros
I always work to the best of my ability and love it
Cons
Not seeing the learners face-to-face
survry taker
survey taker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2019
was a survey taker. had to go to different areas of assisting people with some of the diiferent pamplets we were giving out in the city doing surveys asking questions about diet different foods and healty questions going to different store learning abou the labeling of foods and there meanings regaurding health issues setting up for gatherings recruiting people to come to meetings
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short hours
I am truly blessed to have a job with friends that care about me. Teamwork make the dream work
Office Manager -Finance (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2019
I love my job. I enjoy working with all types of people. Students make all I do worth the while. The staff here at GU are like family.
We get that without students we would not have a place to work.
Pros
You never meet a stranger. You are never lost.
Cons
You can't get away from the GU family; they follow you everywhere. Everyone has a camera, so be at your best always!
Not a good place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 25, 2019
Georgetown University was not a good place to work towards to end of my job.

During the early years the work environment and management was good.

However as management changed and the work environment changed it was not the same place.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
Bad management
A Challenging Experience (Good and Bad)
Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant/Editor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 23, 2019
Working as a graduate employee at Georgetown is both a valuable experience and a difficult experience. It is valuable because you learn a lot and are able to work on things that are relevant for your career. However, management can be poor and varies significantly based on who you are working for. The benefits are nonexistent for graduate workers and the pay is pretty weak for people with advanced degrees.
Pros
flexible schedules, interesting work
Cons
healthcare, bad benefits
Productive, but lax environment with low or no pay.
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2019
A talented team that are constantly evolving with the influx of new research projects. The lab primarily has a workforce of unpaid student volunteers including myself, that are eager to learn new analytical techniques and strive to excel. There's room for improvement in the management and pay department.
Salary
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2019
There are a lot of kind, well-meaning people at Georgetown. The biggest issue is salary. Employees are grossly underpaid and there are no raises. If you don't get accepted to your grad program of choice, you took a big pay cut for nothing.
great place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2019
learned alot of things working with different nationality, enjoyed interacting with the students on a daily basis while i was securing the campus great place to work