Georgia's Own Credit Union Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly place to work
Atm Repersentive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2019
I entered figures into computer and worked spreadsheets I also ordered cards for members I enjoyed working with all of my fellow co-workers and managers I have also worked for banks before coming to the credit union The credit union has a more friendlier environment
Pros
Dental amd medical insurance were premium free to full time employees
Dont work there
Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2019
They do not care if you have a family....They only move people up if you know someone....Managment is bad and poorly trained...No one cares....they favor one race than the other...
Not professional
Customer Service Manager-Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2019
Lots of long term employees that get away with bad behavior. Each department was against the other. VP was childish and did not hold employees accountable. Lots of verbal abuse and very passive aggressive. Long term employees were resistant to change. Nothing short of a nightmare.
Pros
pay
Cons
Treated poorly by those in charge
Georgias Own Credit Union
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 30, 2019
Everyday has been an adventure at Georgia's Own, we have such great products and a team that acts more like family, definitely a great environment for growth.
New experience, Member rich
Personal Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJanuary 21, 2019
Georgia's Own has a great work environment with inhouse postings always keeping you in the know. Concentration on employees and member satisfaction. A great place to work.
Pros
Informative meetings
Snobs
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Member services in corporate always walking around with attitude like you bothering them when they suppose to be support. Sorry to say it bt it’s our own kind “ African Americans “ that get a little position and it go above and beyond there head then it’s like they can’t help anyone else or they better then every one else .
Pros
Nice look and very appealing
Cons
All a fake they don’t care for the people
Low Pay, No Growth
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 14, 2018
Low Pay, no growth. They tally every error as if you're a robot rather than a human. Once you get to a minimal amount of errors (not shortages in cash, errors) you are written up and are no longer allowed to transfer or move up for 1 year. The pay for the amount of responsibility is horrible and the benefits when you start with the company can very well change within the next few months.
There was suppose to be a pension offered when I was interviewed, however when I started they were taking that away. Same with insurance benefits, they were covered when interviewed, then changed to a biweekly charge a few months later.
Productive for the most part
Mortgage Processor/Closer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
I loved my job at this former company, however the manager of my department was not a nice person. There were a lot of complaints against her and it took year for upper management to let her go.
Pros
I like the people i worked with
Cons
I did not like my direct manager and the pay was low
Teller Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 3, 2018
Working as a teller was one of the best experiences I had, typical day was just me being a Teller and being able to feel like am important asset to my team and customers in general.
Loved working here
Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
I loved working for Georgia's Own CU. It was a very friendly place to be employed. It felt like a big family. I feel there should have been more Paid Time Off and sick leave available. Also I felt that management was too slow about making decisions and did not always do what they said.
No room for advancement
Teller (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2018
Working at this company could be better. Some of the community managers are un-professional and show favoritism. They do not value and respect their hard working, punctual employees.
Unfair on how you get a raise
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2018
Do not promote fairly. Do not promote base on qualifications. Don't care about what the customer want. Georgia's Own put more effort on getting referrals and put pressure on their employees to get referrals.
Pros
Medical insurance
great employees
Special Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2018
I learned and gained experience working at GOCU. Things were a bit rigid in the call center, being timed on calls with members. Your whereabouts were to be known at all times. There were indicators in the system that were required to monitor employees.
Flexible Schecule
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2018
I think Georgia's Own is a flexible company to work for and my manager is awesome. I just wish they would implement some type of bonus incentive for the employees. I am top sales person in my department and would refer anywhere from $50,000-$250,000 in closed booked loans. I feel like I should be compensated for.
Cons
Breaks taken away because of the call cue would be extremely busy so we would not get breaks.
good work place
SeniorTeller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for Georgia's own credit union, I had a great manager, and a great bunch of team player. The only reason I left is I had to drive to far in the traffic, it started to get to me.
Run and dont look back...
Senior New Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2017
Working for this company is like looking in the rear view mirror while attempting to drive forward. It's impossible... Just stop while your ahead and look for a career with another company. Thank me later!
Pros
Customers are pretty decent
Cons
Benefits & Management, Compensation...
Fairly New
Personal Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2017
I have only been with the company a few short months and can already tell that it's a great place too work. I came from another bank where there was a lot of sales pressure but not here. Also the training is very thorough.
Pros
The hours
Cons
Short lunches
"it's not worth the stress"
Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2017
this department is very unorganized , you may have the job title of processor but may be asked to process, do Intake ,subordinations etc with no support at all.The management team really doesn't care how it gets done they just want it done , the lack of support , favoritism , and borderline workplace bullying it is a very unprofessional department with no training at all.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
the department
Did not enjoy
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2017
Did not enjoy. Very stressful. High turn over rate. Unprofessional and not family orientated. Some co-workers made it an enjoyable place to work. Others made it miserable
Service, Quality, Production
Fulfillment Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2017
I learned banking along with overseeing the processing the department. Developed myself to always provide a good culture and working environment for me and my team.
Pros
work together as a team
Cons
short lunches for the team