Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Found 1,993 reviews matching the search See all 2,038 reviews
Most ridiculous printing company so far in my career
Digital Web Press Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHOctober 10, 2018
Safety is touted as #1 priority until it interferes with production. On two occasions manager/supervisor came into work drunk, press was not operational a lot resulting in being called off work, many employees not willing to train others and many not willing to pull their own load. Watch your back, some will talk, complain and lie to management behind your back. With their current operation with the management they have, the safety issues they are ignoring and the HAACP rules they are ignoring with food in production and employees/managers using tobacco on the property they probably won't last long anyways.
Pros
Lots of free lunches, pay is Ok
Cons
Everything, too much stress for what they do pay
Difficult shift change, seasonal temperature changes make work difficult
Dry End Lead (Current Employee) –  Quanah, TXOctober 10, 2018
Company is always looking for ways to cut hours. Difficult schedule changes. Difficult environmental situations: cold, hot, dirty, fiberglass in air. Salary is good for area.
Long Hours
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, GAOctober 8, 2018
Work 12 hours, 5 days a week. Supervisor expect you to achieve unrealistic goals and we only had an one hour break during a 12 hour shift. Hard work with no advancement.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long work hours
Very Productive
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAOctober 8, 2018
Stable product, well funded operations, strong safety culture.
Company is owned and has a very consistent company culture which is defined by their guiding principles. It is very clear that unlike many companies mission statements which get reviewed periodically as an exercise that employees from top to bottom are expected to create value, and deal with respect and humility towards others.
great place to work . lots of career advantages
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXOctober 7, 2018
the work was good . training was good getting to learn from other experts. I learned how to run different equipment .hardest part of the job was catching back up after na break down .
Pros
ppay bonuses
Cons
understaffed
Excellent
Operator B (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MIOctober 5, 2018
Excellent place to work. Environment is clean and friendly. Schedule can be conflicting to balance a lifestyle and family with work. Enjoyable place to work
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Schedule
it's a very hard job with long hard hour everyone is not built for that.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Prosperity, SCOctober 4, 2018
typical work day safety,safety,safety they was big on that. management supervisor was competing against each other. work place was alright. the hard part was the heat . when u got off from work.was the good thing.
Job descprition
Stranding-Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, SCOctober 4, 2018
Was a pretty decent job. Manager and staff was easy to get along with we worked as a team to ensure that we all are safe. We had some days more stressful than others but we made all things work.
Good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 3, 2018
Training on machines vary, depends mostly on the person training. Company is very safety orientated. Training is always on going & not compromised. Company is only as good as the people who are in it
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Short lunches, managent constantly changing
GP and the Union there
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 2, 2018
GP and Union constantly fighting instead of working together.
Good climate control in plant. They look out for the health of their people. Most people there a good to work with.
Pros
Union representatives
Cons
some salaried supervisors

Want to know more about Georgia-Pacific?

Ask a question
Everyday is a new a different day
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camas, WASeptember 30, 2018
No two days are the same at G.P. every day is something new. I love my job and the people I work with. I am constantly multi-tasking and changing caps. I will work several jobs at the same time and there never seems to be enough time in the day to finish everything. The hardest part of my job is not having enough time to finish it. I work with little or no supervision, as long as I am able to get my work done, my supervisors really don't say anything to me.
Pros
Set my own hours
Cons
Supervisors have no idea what I do
MBM Culture
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2018
Georgia-Pacific promotes work life balance. Georgia-Pacific has an MBM culture. They use Guiding Principles to deal with the ongoing challenges of growth and change.
good pay. horrible place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Wolf, PASeptember 26, 2018
no family work balance. poor training. poor management does not help employees only looks after their selevs they don't keep up on the maintenance of their machines and equipment
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management, poor work enviroment
fun and clean
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PASeptember 25, 2018
good culture and have excellent management and the most really thing job security other though good sallery and clean area and good team work trustlly
Good work place
Operator (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, MSSeptember 25, 2018
Fast pace overall good place to work. The shifts are different but challenging. Big on safety. Management is good but I think well I know it could be better
Pros
People
Cons
Not a nice place to work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Livingston, ALSeptember 25, 2018
I think this was probably the worst business ive ever been apart of.. Limited oppertunity, if you are someone thats trien to build a career I wouldnt advice you to go there
Pros
I was able to get better on the forklift
Cons
Really didnt make much money
long weeks
Shipper/Loader (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TX 75165September 24, 2018
very fast shipping environment, long weeks, lots of 12 hour days, lots of weekend work. management while i was there was not good, very overbearing and mean.
Pros
free meals
Great team environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Grenada, MSSeptember 23, 2018
I loved working for GP. Very family oriented place to work. Awesome treatment of each individual working there. Coworkers treat you as family. Picnics, family days, and alot of incentives are given throughout the year.
Pros
Lunches and picnics and family day events
Cons
They closed permanently in Elliot ms
Very stressfil
Bundler (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 21, 2018
No Comment!!!!!! The job is very, very stressful... No off day, working 7 days 12 hours a day. Management is not good at all. The hours are crazy and we are lacking sleep and our bodies are exhausted.
Toxic environment
Lineman / glueline (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VASeptember 21, 2018
Once you start working here say goodbye to your nights and weekends. You never have a weekend off you have to work over 30 years just to be able to get on first shift. If you're broke you can get plenty of overtime that's it . The adults I work with are very immature love to gossip and act like they are in high school. I'm just counting down my days until I leave .
Pros
Paycheck and going home
Cons
Insurance sucks/ no work life balance / favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

70out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Georgia-Pacific.

Powered by Comparably