Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Found 2,213 reviews matching the search See all 2,276 reviews
Good Old Boy Network
Worker (Former Employee) –  Dudley, NCMarch 17, 2019
The location I worked had a good old boy network that did not allow minorities and women truly advance. Even though there are a few in management roles many of them had to file complaints to corporate to get them
Productive job security
Patchline operator (Former Employee) –  Gurdon, ARMarch 17, 2019
I would love to work at georgia Pacific again if I had the opportunity.The pay was good an so were the hours.I love the work schedules from the days u worked which mad it easy to plan things I needed 2 do.
awful workplace, dont recommend for anyone
Langston Operator (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAMarch 16, 2019
No life, long hours, awful management team. Look elsewhere don't bother trying to put time into this place that will never recognize your true being as a worker.
Productive Work
Production Associate- Gypsum (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXMarch 16, 2019
There was a daily Safety Meeting in order to keep the work environment up to code. Each day there the equipment was checked before and after each shift change in order to keep repairs up.
Stressful and limited ways to move up in the company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 16, 2019
The position I am in is very fast pace and end up doing work that other roles or positions should be responsible for. It is hard to move up in your role and no increase in pay.
Enjoyed my time there
Operator (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAMarch 15, 2019
Working for this company was a great opportunity for me and my family. If it wasn’t closing down, I’ve retired there. Some minor things could have adjuste; but overall a good environment to work.
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 15, 2019
I would recommend Georgia Pacific to any that needs a job. Everyone at the plant I worked all worked well together. Management always has an open door policy and were a great bunch of people to work with.
good job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Darlington, SCMarch 14, 2019
i have no problem with the work i just need more pay .the work is not hard as long as the team works togeather everything works with each other .you learn new things everyday .
Pros
good job
Cons
long hours of standing
productive day at GP
Finishing Operator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, SCMarch 14, 2019
there is no way to advance. No team work at all. The team leaders don't have any lack of commucation unless the line stop then they want to know why. They don't want to hear ideas of how things will operate more smoothly and safe instead just get the work done.
Pros
they feed you every friday
Cons
12 hour shifts
Contract,
Sanitation worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 12, 2019
Safety-conscious, loyal and hardworking school janitor with highly regarded custodial skills and a reputation for thoroughness in cleaning and maintaining buildings and grounds. Respected by administrators, faculty, staff and students—known for positive attitude and personable demeanor.
Work proficiency include:

Cleaning and maintaining floors (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, waxing, stripping, buffing and polishing)
Scrubbing and sanitizing restroom facilities
Removing snow and ice from walkways and parking lots
Handling light facility repairs
Keeping janitor room and closets clean and organize
Pros
RElaxed
Cons
Late Payt

Want to know more about Georgia-Pacific?

Ask a question
Cutthroat and Ridiculous at times
Offbearer (Current Employee) –  Dudley, NCMarch 12, 2019
The management is toxic. The demand to work your days off is out of control - literally no work life balance. The environment is strict and you’ll feel no job security because at any time they can find anything wrong
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Toxic environment
Decent place to work
Reliability Technician (Current Employee) –  Rincon, GAMarch 11, 2019
At Georgia Pacific, you work a swing shift so each new work block you either on nights or days and the next block you on the other. It's hard to get used to a sleep pattern but you also get 7 straight days off every month (unless working over time) and you only work 14 days a month (unless working overtime). Nights and the weekends are usually very laid back with out all the management there. There is a lot of management personal (a lot of chiefs and not many Indians). When your at work, you have a machine to run and in some departments you work with multiple people on a line. Some shifts are good when the machine runs good. Other days a stressful when the machine is acting a fool. But that is expected when working with equipment. In my job, there's always something to learn and always someone you can help and teach. The hardest part to me is the swing shift, trying to get your body adapted to switching sleeping patterns and the fact that I'm not home with my wife and kids every night. My job I feel like is underpaid due to there is more responsibility than just an operator and with all these new jobs coming to the area paying close to the same thing not working swing shift makes it hard for them to keep people. Health insurance sucks, but the dental vision are great. Have the opportunity to invest in a 401K and the company invest some too. There are advancement opportunities and a lot of money can be made there depending on what you want for a career. If you like overtime, there is usually always a need for it (also depends on which department your in). As far as the people  more... are concerned, there are good and bad just like in any other job.  less
Pros
Take your breaks anytime you want, decent pay
Cons
Swing shift
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 11, 2019
It was a great place to work but management closed the plant and moved the business to southern United States. Over 500 employees lost their jobs. Don't know what you want me to say to make this accept this review. We ALL lost our jobs.
Pros
Good hard working people.
Cons
4 12 hour shifts per week one week 5 12 hour shifts next week
good place for career
Rewinder Operator (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLMarch 11, 2019
Union based so upward mobility was based on time at company. job wasn't hard as long as you put in the effort to learn everything you could about your machine and the machines you worked with.
productive
Operator 4A (Current Employee) –  Corrigan, TXMarch 11, 2019
depending on the shift that you're working, the job is easy but management makes it difficult at times. Stressful on day shift because there are many bosses and head people. Graveyard is a pretty much laid back shift that requires a lot of people to operate.
Pros
weekends off now
Cons
no overtime
Good company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 11, 2019
Good company to work for. Was very large at the time with many locations if you wanted to relocate. Driving force in the industry at one time. Still active under BlueLinx
Pros
Strong industry leader
Cons
None, good training ground
Large Corporation Home Office
Manager, Business Development and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2019
Day started at 7:30 a.m. and could go on till 7pm , Then long drive home - this is Atlanta. But I learned an enormous amount from working in this corporate environment and the abilities afforded me to work hard and autonomously. Stressful but worth it. Company paid very well.
Pros
Salary, benefits, credit union
Large Company - google Koch brothers first
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2019
In such a large organization, your enjoyment/opportunities will depend on your team/manager more than the company as a whole. I am certain there are good managers at GP; mine was not one of them.

They will pressure you to donate to CPAC.
If you have any liberal/progressive points of view, keep them to yourself. Feel free to discuss conservative points of view though.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Politics, Management, Culture
Production/ Fast paced
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Halsey, ORMarch 7, 2019
Fast paced, good pay, lot of hours and mandatory overtime. Not a lot of personal time, they need to re do the way they do hours. Koch Brothers thinks of their employees as robots rather than humans.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
very fast paste
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHMarch 6, 2019
the job was a very fast paste environment, good friendly people to work with, very safety oriented company. you are able to learn different jobs and task through out the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss