Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Found 1,889 reviews matching the search See all 1,929 reviews
9th level of Hades
Laminator Feeder/Operator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 21, 2018
I worked at the Mogadore, Ohio facility and the place was horrible. They told us they have a 87% turn over rate. People got fired constantly at that place. They treated the laminator feeders like garbage. The job was super physical and you really didn't get any breaks. We got a 10, 10, and 20 min break in a 12 hour day. You had to work a year for vacation time. Don't have any long term aspirations when starting work at this place, but if you wanna make a cool 1300 every two weeks for a few months go for it. They do random mouthswabs. Oh and consider this, they pay really well but they still have a huge turn over rate, a clear indicator of bones in the closet.
Pros
good money
Cons
everything besides the money.
place of growth only if you work night shift
Stacker Operator (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 19, 2018
willing to do anything just want to work and support my family looking for something long term with benefits quick to learn and will strive to be the best there is
Could be a good job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 17, 2018
The job itself is not bad at all. Some positions are easy enough and decent pay. The problem is management. Another problem is getting enough employees. So it seems like when we are short staffed (which is always) management will turn a blind eye for some people in various situations. Especially our temporary employees. Most of them call in ALOT and nothing is done about it. I have worked as a temp in other places and I had the same rules as the full time employees.
Good place to work.
Capability Leader (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 16, 2018
Stable, well established company. Work culture varies depending on the facility and Union status. Non-conventional promotion and compensation. Would be happy staying at GP.
Pros
Stable work
Cons
Easily replaced
Fast pace and enjoyable work environment
Shipping Lead Person/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Placid, FLJuly 15, 2018
Team work is required from all employees, a clear vision and expectations is given to the workforce. The company believes employees have decision rights and can express their ideas and concerns and will be heard.
Pros
great benefits, 401k, vision etc
Cons
long hrs during season's
Fast pace
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJuly 14, 2018
My work day consist of 12 hours shift, the pace was fast, everyone was a team player, no issues with supervisor. After working the long hours I learned how to manage my time to get the job done. I
Excellent company to work for on a daily basis.
Electrical Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
Perform engineering studies and provide evaluation of the industrial facility electrical equipment. Work with contractors to provide packager for the study of the electrical equipment and perform design when approval is submitted.
Millwright, Welder, Pipefitter, (Former Employee) –  Wauna, ORJuly 13, 2018
Got along very well with my co workers, management was caring and often listens to your ideas. the only reason I left here was because of the long drive
Over heated all the time
Strapper Operator (Former Employee) –  Gurdon, ARJuly 13, 2018
My experiance at Georgia Pacific was through a temp, the breaks were really short considering how far you had to walk in order to get out of the plant. they are not required to inform you ahead of time if they need you to stay late, but it's grounds for termination if your'er not able.
Reactor Operator & Blender (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 13, 2018
Typical workday set up, monitor, produce resin according to plant policy and procedure. Very enjoyable place to work, stress free. Easy to cross train to advance or move to a different position.
Pros
Great family oriented workplace
Cons
Shift work
great place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OH 44870July 12, 2018
I loved doing all the jobs I did in this place but My most liked was making LIFETIME friends there supervisor were great and worked with you if you had problems on the job.
Pros
supergreat place to work
Cons
in summer it got really hot
Georgia Pacific
winder operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NCJuly 12, 2018
Georgia Pacific was absolutely the worst experience of my life I would not recommend this company to anyone,the job itself was not bad but the people didn't want to share information or train correctly all of them were unprofessional and the management knew they were hateful and mean.
Pros
Benefits, Good HR
Cons
Co workers were unprofessional
Nice outside working environment.
Millwright (Former Employee) –  McCormick, SCJuly 12, 2018
If you like the smell of pine,... this is your career choice. Machines are large and you do very little crawling to address maintenance issues, great team work.
Pros
Working outside.
Cons
Working outside in the southern summer days.
stressful
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Darlington, SCJuly 10, 2018
not try to down georgia -pacific cause it was good to me for a lil while. but i'm tring to find something more stable and pays a lil more. thr plant in darlington is not doing well. i have a sickly wife so i need a job so i dont have to worry about when the doors might close. i'm looking for stublility great pay and a family envirment. will to prove myself as a great worker. can get along with just about anyone
Pros
paid lunch, some friendly people
Cons
stressfull, like of cummucation with works
Worst job ever
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJuly 10, 2018
The worst job I have ever had! I wouldn't recommend anyone! Especially if you have kids! The work load is horrible and they don't even try to help you!
Brutal old boy network which does not follow MBM
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MSJuly 10, 2018
yelling, public criticism,meetings with no direction or outcome. Very frustrating, emotional and negative EVERY SINGLE DAY that the machine did not run, someone was going to get blamed.
Pros
Some good people there who are tying
Cons
no wins and expected to keep ideas to yourself
Internship
Occupational Safety and Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, FLJuly 9, 2018
Great company and people for the time I was there. Learned a lot from several. All were very accommodating and welcoming. It made being away from home a much easier task.
Don’t do it
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Perry, FLJuly 8, 2018
If you want a life outside work then this isn’t the job for you. If you have a family don’t even think you gone see them because GP will make sure you don’t. The new pay scale has made it to where you want make any real money. Not worth the stress or head ache
The people
Press Utility (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 8, 2018
There are people that have worked for this company for years and they have established a toxic culture through the union to favor certain individuals and to ruin other employees opportunities of advancement. The union is supposed to help employees keep their jobs, not benefit some individuals to get what they want. It is a very biased hostile environment and very judgmental when it comes to new employees. Ever since I worked there, people had assumptions of me when I just came to work and do my job to the best of my ability. But unfortunately this company is fueled by false rumors and daily conflict between employees that there is truly no way it would be a pleasant place to work. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless you want to deal with shady 2 faced union "brothers and sisters." Don't trust anyone here, especially the union and management.
Pros
hourly wage
Cons
toxic employee environment
Ok place to work
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAJuly 6, 2018
I had excellent salary review. Was eliminated even though a large portion of my responsibility is still their. 37 years, but would not change. The Camas mill is a good old boy environment if you work there.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Not great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight