Georgia-Pacific

Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Found 2,763 reviews matching the search
Great work environment
GP is a great place to work. People are friendly and easy to approach. Management doesn't micromanage their employees, and treats them all with respect.
Job does not require quality of product!!! they ship trash,,,
Worked in quality... machine operators to supervision to upper management didn't care about the garbage they sent to customers... nor about the cost of returns and investigations. Austin who above supervision as production manager cared more for less waste then quality of product.. just like joey the big boss... Less downtime more important then quality... Thats why they losing so many big companies and continue getting complaints from customers. nobody there cares about trash they sending out!
Pros
Cons
operators to supervision to upper management like Austin and Joey - Ignore Quality issues
good place to work
really good place to work along with great PEOPLE AND GREAT MANAGMENT.
pay is also good the work hours are fair there just isn't much available overtime other than that it is a great place to work
Learned a lot
Vary good management work is siloed and on going. Can’t think of a better place to grow. There really isn’t a down side to GP the pay is good the people are awesome most of all the work is vary easy to learn. I’ve had a great experience at Georgia Pacific
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
No cons
Great place to work!
GP is a good company with good people. They/we are making efforts to get even better! The benefits are competitive. The work is challenging but you are able to be successful and feel good about your hard work and efforts.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It's a good job as long as you aren't saddled with moron coworkers.
They really need to improve the screening process for hiring. That also includes management. I've seen engineers that were worth their weight in gold, be swept aside and given no regard whatsoever. This company runs them through like cattle, which I guess is for some kind of tax break program. Its pretty ridiculous.
terrible
only thing good about this job is the money. everything else is terrible including bosses! it is high stress and no one appreciates all your effort and time you put into the job.
Productive but laidback environment
Drove 45 min at 4:30 every morning to work from 6 to 2:30, the work was tough but easy once you got the hang of it, my manager was very caring and understanding and the work environment was laidback and the comradery was great
Pros
great pay weekly
Cons
the weather
This place is a joke!!
Horrible, don't work at GP!! I would never want anyone to work at GP. They don't value employees unless you are a kiss up.. They are not family or employee friendly. They don't care what an employee has to say.
Poor Management
No work/life balance, excessive OT(12hr days, 7 days a week for multiple weeks in a row. Production drivin with safety ofton coming second. Lots of broken equipment
Great Experience
Working for GP has been a great experience so far with implementation of S4 Hana. Learned a lot with this opportunity. The work environment is excellent with work/life balance.
Culture and growth
I loved working for Georgia Pacific. The only reason that I left was because they moved our office into another state that added 20+ miles to my 26+ commute.
Pros
All they care about is PRODUCTION!
Their only concern is producing lumber.
They don't care about the schedule. If you are on maintenace you can not leave until the mill is back up and running. I've been there for 18 hours straight before, with only 2 short breaks just to eat and get back to work. Production workers, supervisors, and managers get to go home and leave maintenace there to work all night. Favoritism and the good ol boy system runs rampant.
Child’s play and unprofessional
Job itself wasn’t bad but there’s a buddy system out there if your not in it you get treated unfairly. Lead personal talk behind your back and are very unprofessional and are two faced should not be in any leadership role they could careless just as long as they get the last word
Too much work
Less is more ! They believe in getting more work with less people. They will have one person doing a job that four people should be doing. The employees are like family we see each other more than our real family..
Learned a lot about Processes and Procedures, but pay was not competitive
Learned a lot regarding processes and procedures, good corporate support. Pay was breadline comparison, management viewed us as very expendable. Would not recommend anyone for this role.
Not a good place to work
The Koch boys have literally distroyed GP! Shutting down plants everywhere! Really! Someone needs to check these boys to see if they are American citizens
Cons
good eating areas and food places near
overall gp was a great job for me finishing school, even though it wasn't nothing dealing with my career. they treated me fair and move me up very quick.
Pros
good food area
The Good and the bad.
If you don’t mind working in fiberglass at least 2 days a week then it’s a great place to work . That plus Seniority gets first choice on OT . The wages are fair for the area . When I was there it was $ 22 hour it could be more now . All and all not a bad place to work . The people are great and helpful.
Job sucks
Not something I would recommend to anyone work at.
Management is horrible. HR is all white ppl no blacks. No weekends off. First shift think they can rule everything. I hate this job.
Georgia Pacific Palatka
I worked at GP Palatka, Fl. as a shift supervisor. The company was great and good benefits, however I needed a job with regular hours. The Mill runs 24/7 and you only work 14 days per month however the days and hours vary 6-6 am/pm you do 7 days of each per month some weekends. These hours just apply to the operators and supervisors.
Pros
Matching 401k
Cons
Expensive insurance(I did not use but I was told)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight