Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

at a loss
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXApril 4, 2018
Stressful, environment, never happy with the performance or hours invested. Problems were there before I got there, offered several solutions, But, they always wanted more evaluation, more consultation, but never acted on any solutions. They were not happy with the performance of the team, the equipment or the hours the average employee was away from their family. It was never enough.
Pros
not many
Cons
exhausting, high negative pressure, cut throat environment seeded my corporate.
unrealistic philosophy
Commercial Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2018
Most of the principles there are theoretically sound but run into individual conflicts during the application process. Outcomes are great for the company profits but fall short when it comes to advancing the employee's personal career development.
Pros
casual dress code
Cons
high deductible health insurance
Great Place to work
Business Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 4, 2018
I have been working for Georgia Pacific for 4 months now. The training was very extensive but the coworkers were great! I am very blessed to work here even though I did not have a degree in business or engineering.
Pros
Great People to work with, adaptive to change, Military Friendly, Overtime Available
123 die cutter assistant operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Wolf, PAApril 3, 2018
A lot of overtime hours possible
Bosses/employees are easy to get along with
Good pay
Decent insurance/benefits
Downfall is you can be moved to a different shift/schedule any time
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Short lunches
Not recommended
G4S Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Zachary LouisianaApril 2, 2018
Not recommended in Louisiana it's the worse place ever to work poor management poor judgement racism bullying hoodrats and sneaking and creeping on the job
Ok if you have to
Electronic Technician/Electromechanical Tech. (Former Employee) –  Crossett, ARApril 1, 2018
Not the best place to be with. the work is fine and most the folks you work with are good too. the Management is not the best in the world and the current contract language is bad.
Pros
they buy some tools and spend money on new stuff
Cons
Management in not good.
If you make it, it is worth it
Warehouse Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2018
High turnover from having one of the strictest safety and points systems that I have seen. Hard work in the heat of the desert. Hit or miss with management.
GP positive working experience
Power & Recovery Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MSMarch 30, 2018
GP is a positive environment in which to work. It has been great for my family. The management is easy to work with and does a good job of encouraging their employees.
Great Company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, GAMarch 30, 2018
Great company with excellent benefits. Workplace culture was okay. The was breaking down a lot. Because it was a very old mill. But we had a awesome maintenance crew.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
A more organize management
It was just a job
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMarch 30, 2018
Easton plant management sucks they are very unfair to certain groups of people they don’t care about the life you have outside of Dixie and there no sick days and their point system sucks
Great job environment with great people
Sales Force Effectiveness Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDMarch 29, 2018
My career at GP was demanding but the rewards were commensurate with the roles. Team camaraderie was fantastic and internal politics were not a major issue.
Don't accept a position here.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pineland, TXMarch 28, 2018
I accepted a process engineer role once I finished my mechanical engineering degree. Before I accepted the job, I was told the role would require me to be at work 40-45 hours a week. The minute I arrived, the expectations were different. My required working hours increased every week until I was at 60+ hours a week, while most of these hours were spent simply watching hourly employees with nothing productive to do. Management is poor with a culture that thrives on favoritism and revenge. HR is a joke and hourly employees are treated terribly.
Cons
Working hours and pay.
great opportunity for learning
operator (Former Employee) –  Clatskanie, ORMarch 28, 2018
worked long hard days in steel toe boots. some days i work in the day and other at night and it always changed. drove forklifts and operated many pieces of machinery including cranes.
Cons
good place to work for hourly several salary down falls
Converting Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 27, 2018
Great place to work for hourly. Management claim to need people in right spots and flow to work just to cover openings with those that always do as required and then some. Fair wages with a gym on sight. Would recommend to others.
Pros
decent pay, great group of people, fair policies
Cons
advancement almost non existant, management wont listen to suggestions until it is too late.
Just a stanard job
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mount Jewett, PAMarch 26, 2018
Start work at 6am or 11am (rotate every week) get to my job station and set up for the day. Process job duty for the day and get every thing ready for that day. Load or unload trucks. Learn how to deal with people and management. The hardest part of job is keeping up with truck schedule for the day and the enjoyable part is staying busy to make the time go by.
Pros
vaction and weekends off
Cons
rotate shifts
Relaxed workplace
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, ORMarch 25, 2018
The hardest part of the job was dealing with HR and the management. Relaxed workplace with a lot of opportunities to learn new skills and trades. decent place to work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay
productive workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bay Springs, MSMarch 23, 2018
a typical day at Georgia pacific was me coming and whipping the lense on machine so that sensors work correctly and I can mamd 2x4. I learn a lot from and I would like to get back on
Lack of Communication
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Rapids, KSMarch 23, 2018
I was offered the job in November of 2017 but did not officially start until January 8th, 2018.
Kept being told that they were waiting on other applicants.

Training for a week was a mess, trainers were not available or scheduling wasn't good, took almost 2 weeks instead of 1 week.

Was put onto the production floor in packing, my trainer was fabulous and knew more than the Supervisor but he was not happy with treatment of employees, that is the major consensus of everyone I spoke to. There is a lot of favoritism shown with that crew.

Was able to work with a different crew/supervisor and the atmosphere was completely different, more relaxed and more working together. Wish I could have stayed with that crew.

Ended up getting sick with Influenza A, missed some work and was terminated, no verbal warning, no written warning just fired.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Favoritism, no working together as a team
great environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Camden, TXMarch 21, 2018
One of the best places iv'e ever worked at, now this is a company that cares for their people. I would definitely go back to work for this company, there isnt no safer job then this one
not a happy work place
Utility Helper (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WI 53081March 20, 2018
good pay and some good benefits. long days, to much clothing and to hot in summer. HR was not a good HR. Clicky type of coworkers. bad healthcare plans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.9Fairygodboss Score

42%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

42%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.