Georgia Cyber Academy
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Georgia Cyber Academy Employee Reviews

United States91 reviews

Toxic work environment

Run away from GCA, as fast as you can. Don’t be bamboozled by the perceived “bells and whistles.” It’s a hot mess, respectfully. It’s Disorganized, mismanaged, and the work environment’s culture and climate is extremely toxic and dishonest.

October 5, 2022
We would like to know more about your situation and how long ago you were employed at GCA. There are a few things in your statement that don't line up with what other teachers and staff members are currently saying. Email us at feedback@georgiacyber.org so we can address it further. Thank you.

The Most Rewarding Job I've Had

I'm a former employee of 3 years at GCA. The pay was great and the benefits were wonderful for me and my family! I had a sense of belonging and purpose at my job. I would still be there but we moved to Virginia last year. I just wanted to give a great review for an amazing school!

Pros

Salary-Benefits-Work Relationships!

Cons

Parents who aren't supportive. (normal with a teaching job)

October 6, 2022
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your feedback as we strive each day to make GCA an incredible place to work!

Georgia Cyber Academy insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Wonderful place to call my "work home"!

The benefits are very good and really help retain me as a teacher each year. We also get yearly bonuses and raises which is never a bad thing! My team I work with is the best :)

Pros

Benefits!

Cons

None!

Great place to work and succeed!

I've been working at GCA for 4 years now in different roles with the most recent being a counselor. I love my job and teams I work with. We have a great support system in place with our administration as well. Great things are happening at GCA. So glad to be here!

Pros

benefits and pay

Cons

n/a

September 21, 2022
Thank you for the review! We love to see positive feedback from our employees! Have a great day!

Remote work, Benefits, and Amazing Staff!!!

I love working for GCA. There are so many wonderful things to say about our school and organization! I've been with GCA over years and in that time I have been a teacher, counselor, and now I'm a principal! We love our teams and benefits! I have seen so much incredible growth over the past few years with our mission being stronger than ever. The most enjoyable part of my job is building relationships with my teachers/staff and helping them be successful!

Pros

Benefits are the best!

Cons

I have no cons to share. There are too many positives that outweigh the cons!

September 21, 2022
Thank you for the great review of GCA! We appreciate your dedication and positivity! Have a great day!

Job Culture, Management, Benefits, Work/Life Balance are all AMAZING!

I have been with Georgia Cyber Academy for 3 years now and I love my job and co-workers. Don't believe the negative reviews on here from former employees! The vision and direction under our new superintendent is the best since I've been here. This job is remote which I love because it does give us flexibility as parents. Our teams at GCA are so supportive and encouraging. It truly keeps getting better and better!

Pros

Benefits and Working from home

Cons

Some miscommunication but that has gotten so much better over the last year!

September 21, 2022
Thank you for the great review of GCA! We agree! The benefits are really amazing along with our incredible teams we get to work with! Have a great day!

Excellent Job with the best administration!

I love working for GCA. I have so much fun teaching my students each day and watching them learn and communicate with each other in Zoom classes! I also enjoy building meaningful work relationships with so many incredible staff members!

Pros

Benefits, Flexibility, and Work Environment!

Cons

No cons-keep up the great work!

September 14, 2022
Thank you for the review of GCA! We value the feedback! We love our teachers and we will continue to strive to be the best of the best! Have a great day!

Terrible Management

No trainings, no communication, and tons of undermining in management. Even before I was hired I was given the run around. One minute an offer was extended, then rescinded, then extended again. Thank God I had a good reputation with my job before hand because I literally had to go back and cancel my resignation.

September 14, 2022
Thank you for your review. How long ago did you work at GCA? Some of the things you wrote don't reflect what others are saying now. Please let us know more about your experience at feedback@georgiacyber.orgHave a great day!

Good Reviews Are Total Hype!

A typical day begins at 7 and ends at around 9 o'clock each evening. You will never feel valued and your time and sanity will fly out the window as task upon task is heaped onto your already unmanageable plate. Sit back and prepare to question managements motives as you try to keep up with the endless excel lists and data dives. This job will literally shave years off your life-think long and hard before you accept any offers!

September 12, 2022
Thank you for your review. We would like to know more about your situation as it is very different to what many of our teacher's are saying. Especially under our new leadership and direction of the school. You can email us feedback@georgiacyber.org

Great place to work! LOVE my job at GCA!

GCA offers so many benefits for their employees including school holidays and vacations. We also get yearly raises and yearly bonuses. The staff are very supportive and encouraging. The new superintendent/director is so nice and caring and has a great vision for the school.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

none to mention

September 12, 2022
We are so glad you love GCA! We have been getting many great reviews recently on how teachers are loving their job and how GCA is really an amazing place to work!

Great place to work. High teacher turnover. Long hours.

I loved the ability to work from home. The resources are excellent. I felt cared for and strongly supported by administration and other teachers. I did not get enough sleep or exercise and felt overwhelmed by the tasks.

September 12, 2022
Thank you for the review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time at GCA!

It was good most of the time

It was hard to know exactly what the expectations were they varied in different grade bands and teachers. The pay was decentralization and it didn’t get it off just cause ur phone ☎️ be hacked or not on

Pros

Remote $

Cons

Short breaks expectations unclear o

September 12, 2022
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback. We would like to hear more of your situation. Email us feedback@georgiacyber.org

My Favorite Job I've Ever Had!

Working at GCA the past 6 years has been the experience of a lifetime for me and my family. The job itself is rewarding. My supervisor is amazing and always makes sure that I'm encouraged. My team I work with is hands down the best. I feel I'm making a difference each day!

Pros

Benefits are a huge PRO!

September 12, 2022
Thank you for the great review and 5 stars! We are thrilled that you love your job at GCA!! You are valued!

Wonderful Job!

I've been a counselor at GCA for 3 years now. I love the staff I work with online! We use Zoom for meetings. Remote work has been such a great fit for me and my family. I'm able to make a difference each day in the lives of our students!

Pros

Great leadership teams, helpful administration.

September 12, 2022
Thank you for the great review! We love our "Counseling" department/team! You are very much appreciated!

Incredible place to teach!

I have been a teacher with GCA for 5 years now and I can honestly say that this is the best work environment I've ever been a part of. I love this school and organization. Working from home while teaching middle school is a dream come true. We are highly supported by so many in our school system from administration to our family engagement teams to our marketing department.

Pros

Benefits, Trs, Health and Dental and Eye among others. We also get yearly bonuses!

Cons

None!

September 12, 2022
Thank you for the review! We are so glad you love teaching at GCA!

Productive and Fun place to work!!!

This is an incredible job. We work in teams on Zoom and help each other out. It's a work family! The supervisors and administration are top of the line. The benefits are so good with yearly bonuses!

Pros

Salary and bonuses! The work day is 8-4!

Cons

No cons!

September 12, 2022
We are so thrilled you love your job! It's definitely a fun place to work!!

Productive and fun place to work!

This is truly the best job I've ever had. The administration and Superintendent are amazing. The support system from co-workers are top notch. The work/life balance is perfect and the salary/benefits are the best. Truly an amazing place to work. The negative reviews aren't always what you think. Georgia Cyber Academy is amazing!

Pros

Working from home and the benefits/salary is top notch!

September 12, 2022
Thank you for the great review! We love the vision and direction of GCA!

Good supportive Team, managers are supportive and encouraging g.

GCA has been a wonderful place for me to work over the last 2 years. I feel I have found my career and plan on being here for awhile. The managers are very supportive, staff are very helpful. Hours are from 8-4 with school holiday breaks. GCA offers tuition reimbursement if you are interested in furthering your career.

September 12, 2022
What a great review! We pride ourselves in being very supportive and encouraging! So many great things are happening at GCA!

Run Forest Run!!!

Unorganized Too many chiefs Make up rules as the day goes on. Then it may change again the next day.Nicety management. Slick nasty attitudes. Low pay. Will suck the life out of you

Excellent place to work, especially if you have strong organizational & self-management skills.

I will always treasure my time at GCA. The past couple of years have seen an increase in numbers of students, and this was handled better in some areas than others. I always felt like I had too many students on my lists to tend to them the way that I wanted, but I also have difficulty in this area. I co-taught 4 classes per day and managed all of the IEP records for my caseload students. The teachers are excellent and willing to help. The workplace culture is positive. They embrace new technology and are excited to learn new ways to help students succeed. The hardest part of the job for me was that I am not good at setting limits, and I ended up working very long hours. Since this is a virtual school, others can't always see what you struggle with if you don't ask for help. Those who have strong organizational / self-management skills, and a good sense of limits and maintaining a work / life balance will find a very happy home here. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I have come to know - teachers, management, technology and other staff, students, parents. Lots of excellent people everywhere. I will miss them.

Pros

Meaningful relationships with excellent people, Excellent benefits, newest technology in online teaching

Cons

Challenges of remote work such as internet limitations, setting limits, achieving work/life balance if you struggle with some self-management / organizational skills, large numbers of students to manage

Happiest I’ve been in my career

Work life balance is great! Colleagues are great! Pay is a little lower than brick and mortar schools. At times, GCA seems to have more of a corporate business culture than an educational culture. Best job I’ve had!

Common questions about Georgia Cyber Academy

Answered by current and former employees at Georgia Cyber Academy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Cyber Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits