Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities

Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Run for the Hills
Performance & Quality Improvement Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2018
Google DBHDD and Federal Lawsuit

Lots of turnover

no innovation and horrible organizational culutre

boulevard of broken dreams

the worst employer in the state
Not a bad place to work, but much governmental bureacracy
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2018
The culture is not great...not much room for advancement internally. Hard to make a positive impact due to lack of decision-making from leadership for implementation.
Review of company
Program Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30303December 22, 2017
DBHDD is definitively an interesting place to grow. There are opportunities that avail themselves and its up to the individual to take advantage of such. Worked with contractual information for our vendors, payments and queries. The overall benefit is providing for the needs of those in the community.
productive environemnt
Intake and Evaluation Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 4, 2017
A typical day at work in my position with DBHDD includes handling complaints from families and or service providers regarding Medicaid funding approvals. This at times required careful explanation of potential problems so that it is understood by the person calling. At times referrals are necessary to assist a family or provider to other entities, may be to the Department of Aging, DFCS, Social Security or other entities within the department.
I have learned that many people do not know or understand the services offered to them. Training is needed to provide families with guidance so that they do not accidentally put themselves in a situation in which they may commit Medicaid Fraud.
The work place culture is very much of a family like community. The staff are concerned with each others health and wellbeing. We have activities to support each others accomplishments as well as that of the family members.
The hardest part of my job is denying service to some one who makes a request because they do not meet federal requirements of eligibility.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the success and growth of an individual in his/her placement.
Pros
Trainings and staff development
na
Forensic Service Technician-40+ hrs/Wk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 22, 2017
work here for several years changing positions pay was not all that great but good benefits. would go back there in office position only not has health
Fast Paced but manageable
Regional Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2017
Good opportunity. Most days, fast paced, Worked substance abuse prevention for West and Metro Georgia. Also oversaw the Georgia Teen Institute Program.
Helping hands type of job
Support Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 5, 2017
Working with individuals with developmental disabilities and behavioral health issues. If you like helping youth and/or adults that have emotional disorders this job will work for you.
Loved the job but too much travel for my young family
Region 4 Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 28, 2017
On the road four days per week was too much for my small children. Left early in the morning, ate lunch on the road and back home in time to cook dinner.
Pros
Great Mgt
Cons
Too much travel
Dbhdd
DBHDD (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2017
A typical workday was from 7:30a-4:00p. Was able to learn many different skills and interface with many stakeholders externally and internally. There was not much room for growth and unfortun
Great Job
Transition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 14, 2017
A good chance to advocate for those people who had found themselves in trouble due to the mental condition.
Goals and directives were very clear and the support offered was excellent
Pros
Good hours. Felt good about the job
Cons
the occassioal person who was actively psychotic
Not a bad place to work
Forensic Community Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 14, 2017
DBHDD offers Good Benefits. However at times the management is questionable.
While I was there the goals of the division were unclear.
Hours are good with little to no overtime
Pros
good benefits
Cons
questionable manageent
All Levels of Nursing Management Needs to be replaced
Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 11, 2017
They have a culture of sweeping major incidents under the rug. This place will never succeed as a top level employer or will never become one of the best places to work as long as the management that has been there for years is still running the place. This place is one step away from being a JCAHO disaster. The only reason why it is still open and running is because the state has no where to place these individual. By far the most unorganized business I have worked for.
Benefits
Cons
Mismanagement
work for the state
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 26, 2017
you work for the state so there are benefits for that, the income is not great but you get a lot of holidays off, vacation time and sick days. The benefits are good. I enjoy working with my co-workers.
Pros
good hours, vacation and sick time
Cons
low pay
Great experience
Institutional Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 20, 2017
I learned a lot while working at DBHDD. I grew in my professional life by improving my managerial skills. I really enjoyed working with the patients and teaching them how to prepare for emergency situations.
Pros
State job
Cons
Advancement
great training program
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
It was a great company to get your career started in the healthcare industry. They offered on the job training for taking vital signs, respirations, and blood pressure.
Apply if you're desperate
FORENSIC CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Cared more about the patients than the safety of the workers. Worked on a forensic unit with people who we're sent to a mental state hospital instead of jail. Rapists, killers etc. I was always concerned about my safety. Management didn't care to keep us staffed enough to handle the unit and always required you to do extra time. Never again.
Pros
worked a night shift so patients weren't as rowdy
Cons
everything else
Very interesting and rewarding career.
Operations Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 28, 2016
The hardest part of this job was time management as there were so many things that were required to be completed by a certain day of the week. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this job was working with my manager and the ladies in the Medicaid department as we had a common goal and we worked well together.
Pros
Helping those who most needed our help.
Cons
The pay!
Co Workers
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 4, 2016
There were fantastic co workers at the Regional Office. I was able to learn the other side of DBHDD. Instead of being with an agency I was able to learn the State of Georgia workings, which helped me in the future.
Pros
Education
Stable work place
Director of Service Delivery (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2016
Good place to work, going thru technology upgrades to get up to date. Agency is playing technology catch up. The government does not keep up with technology changes like private industry, unfortunately.
Pros
stable
Cons
government
Good management/co-workerrs
RN I&E Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 17, 2015
I enjoy this type of employment. The flexibility is great.
I am able to provide training, hands on evaluations, chart reviews, face to face reviews through the use of structured monitoring tools to be included on my summary reports.
The use of the team approach allows for holistic care to the providers and participant. It assist with reducing emergency room visits/hospital admissions.
With F/U's after any ER visit or hospitalization provided through face to face visits which allows for monitoring to determine the standard of care provided at that time. This permits for continuity of care.
Pros
Flexibility