Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice Employee Reviews

Good Place
Human Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 15, 2018
Youth focused fast pace work environment. Team effort is required to get the job done. Overall good environment for advancement and job security. Mission driven
flexible hours
Support Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 14, 2018
I love that my hours are flexible and I haven't experienced any micro managing. Good Place to Work! The work load is heavy at times but the keeps for job stability.
Good place to start
Probation & Parole Officer Hall County (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 3, 2018
DJJ is a good place to start off your career. Caseloads can be stressful, when other coworkers resign. Enterprise systems are old and dated and need updating ASAP Compensation does not match the amount of work that's required.
Typical Work Day
Education Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAAugust 28, 2018
Locked down daily and the leadership was unprofessional. There is no room for growth with the agency. However,I enjoyed working with the youth during my time with the agency.
Pros
The youth
Cons
Policy
Heavy work load
Officer (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 22, 2018
It can get stressful at times, but some days are okay. We just need more staff, better policies, and disciplinary actions for the youth. However, with the right team, it can become better. I just think they need to pay the officers more for what they go through.
Benefits
Cons
staffing
N/a
Juvenile Probation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 21, 2018
A typical day working at Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice involves but is not limited to court, face to face visits with juvenile offenders at home, school or employment location.
Pros
Great leave accrual
Cons
Low pay for front line work performed
Miserable experience
Juvenile Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, GAAugust 13, 2018
All about politics. Management was disrespectful. They expect you to put the job before anything else. Will never apply there again. JPM was rude and no fit to lead.
Okay
Assistant Director of Security (Former Employee) –  College Park, GeorgiaJuly 30, 2018
The department is a very unique place to work. Helping the youth is the main focus of every day. This environment is very satisfying whenever you can reach one of the youth.
Stressful/High turnover rate
JCO1 (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 22, 2018
Upper management does not support subordinates. Long work hours; upper management expect you to work on ALL off days. Dangerous job overall, no support within.
Pros
Paycheck, benefits
Cons
Djj
Secretary
Director's Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 5, 2018
Provided assistance to Director of facility, answering phone calls, taking messages., filing, typing notes during meeting, travel arrangements, policy updates.
Pros
My own parking space, and working alone
Cons
Not as challenging in this position
meaningfulwork
Probation Officer I (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 18, 2018
meaningful job experience where you can help youth advance in the community while working alongside team members who genuinely care about the process.
Pros
team work
No comment
Administrative Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  450 Crescent DriveJune 8, 2018
A typical day starts off with a meeting first thing in the morning followed by walking the facility to make sure everything was under control. Sometimes there was alot of counseling and coaching.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Growth
Policy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 25, 2018
DJJ is a great place to expand you knowledge and home your craft for working with at risk inmates in a secure setting. Although this is a highly stressful job, if you love working with youth, this is a great place to start.
Great to work
Juvenile Correctional Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 16, 2018
This was a great place to work. I was able to meet a lot of officer that care about the kids. The management team and other employees knew their jobs.
DJJ not bad to work for
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 11, 2018
not bad to work for, but is in a prison system. Have to be ok with being in that situation on a daily basis. Sometimes have to work over due to situations
Pros
no nights and weekends
Cons
prison system
stressful because of high turnover
Administrative Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAApril 24, 2018
The department of juvenile justice is a great place to learn and have the opportunity in moving within the state. Staff and management nice and hard workers. The salary should be increased to be able to keep great people.
Working for the State of Georgia
Social Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2018
If given the opportunity to interview, at that time will I discuss working for the state of Georgia. But, I enjoy my position and the people that I work with.
The hardest part is seeing a youth being discharge and return to community and repeat same crime and die
Mental Health Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 9, 2018
Culture diversity was great, counselors motivated and encouraged the youths to rise above their negative circumstances, which brought positive change
Pros
Exceptionally good for doing internship
Cons
No pay for internship
Productive Place to Work
Administrative Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 9, 2018
Working at DJJ is rewarding and I have learned a lot from the employees that work under me. I have 16 employees that report to me and they are hard working for not the best pay. I recommend anyone that have an interest in working with the at risk youth to apply for a job in this environment.
Good job
Juvenile Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAApril 4, 2018
Good job if you have love for helping at-risk youths. Must be willing to put in the long hours and must have strong work ethics. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.