Georgia Department of Public Health Employee Reviews

Mission Driven Work Place, Toxic Managers
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
DPH employees are very mission driven and passionate about the work they do. The con is that many managers are put in place simply because of nepotism and it takes its toll on the department morale.
The clients we serve...
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2018
Enjoy serving infant, children, and mothers for the agency. The programs we offer help prevent and promote health. Our wellness program helps individuals reach their personal goals. The culture needs improvement with leadership and work life balance.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Agency culture
Culture is outrageous, subordinates drive the organization
Constituent Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2018
I worked at the office of vital records, saw subordinates with more authority than managers in the organization. HR services was terrible in receiving, investigating, and providing disposition on complaints. No-one in the organization below Director trust their HR representative.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
No Autonomy given to mid level managers
I don't know much about the department of public health
Field Surveyor/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2018
I worked on a project that was part of the department of public health but not located there, so I don't know anything about their work culture. The people I did come into contact with who worked there seemed lovely.
Poverty Level
Social Service Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 9, 2018
I have already answered a summary of question about my job. The question that were asked of me speaks enough volume for my summery of this survey. This company is for someone that has no children and looking for great experience in this work fill but you must have a degree, in order to get a decent pay.
great place to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 12, 2018
Great hours, great team members to work with, great environment to work. One of the best places I have worked in. Location is great and provided a safe environment to work in.
Pros
weekday job, no weekends
Rewarding job with weak management
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 5, 2018
Most days there was not enough staff.No support from upper management.The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients.I learned a lot about infectious disease
Pros
holidays and weekends off.
Cons
Weak management.Low staffing
Decent Place to work
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 3, 2018
The work environment can be stressful as during peak hours and times the office is full and multiple people coming up to your window.
Management by far is the worst part of the job as they don't know how to connect with their employees and understand the things we go through on a daily basis
Could be better
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 25, 2018
Managment is cut throat. If they dont like you or cant use you for thier agenda they get rid of you. Micro managed. Most of the employees are friendly and can get along with. Drama and secrets to get ahead for low pay.
Pros
Travel, ok place to start
Cons
Low pay, management
Great training field
Ebola Response Planner (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 17, 2018
Work with some of the best public health workers in the state as an Ebola Response Planner. Prior to working in this position, I worked with the District Epidemiologist for Coastal Health District. He is without a doubt, one of the best teacher of the communicable diseases. Workplace environment was charged and filled with excitement because of not knowing which disease you would be working with daily. Hard work but very enjoyable.
Good starting job
Health Care Program Consultant III (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2018
No room for career advancement, but employees are provided an opportunity to attend training, workshop, and conferences. Pay is very low for degree/professional experience.
Career Oriented Setting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed helping the public with issues that needed resolving. I enjoyed my coworkers, the hours were flexible and I would consider this organization a career oriented setting.
Pros
Great people clients & coworkers
Cons
Growth my get stagnate
Georgia Department of Public Health
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2018
The environment here was a safe and culturally sensitive work environment. I enjoyed my time interning here and would love to come back full time. I had a great time connecting and networking with some of the employees while there.
Very good for the community
Early Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 18, 2018
My first job working in education. I learned a lot and had opportunities to expand my education. Low pay and very hard work but a very rewarding job. The foundation of learning how to teach is in this type of atmosphere. Kids are encouraged to learn as they do. Awesome. Head Start is very supportive of parents. They encourage parents to be a part of their child's education.
Pros
wonderful place for kids/family
Cons
low pay
Easy work place but low salaries
Not stated (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 11, 2018
Easy place to work. Not as stressful as many places (depending on the position you are in). Management is very good at understanding if you need time off or a few hours away for personal reasons. MOre holidays than most places. Pay is low and raises are few and far between. Benefits are ok; comparable to many other places.
Pros
Condusive to personal time; easy to work; seldom work more than 8.5 hours
Cons
Low pay, can be difficult to move up
volunteer
Medical Creole Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAMarch 23, 2018
This was a volunteering opportunity where we help people get the medical needs. So rewarding and touching to be able to do this for the farmers. love it.
Intent on improving the health of all Georgians
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2018
This position has opened my eyes to the health needs of the people of Georgia. The people here take this obligation very seriously. Opportunities for collaboration with private and public healthcare companies and providers.
Horrible Management and cut-throat supervisors
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAMarch 6, 2018
Coastal Health District has the most horrible people in management. I have never seen so many liars, discrimination, and favoritism in all my years of nursing. If you make a complaint about a supervisor, you will face retaliation. HR and the supervisors are friends, so basically you are at their will.
Pros
Clients, the work.
Cons
Management/Supervisors
fun
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30349March 4, 2018
fun place to work, consistently improving work process, good to great work culture. learning environment, management is supportive, room for going up the leadership rank.
Pros
fun
Productive Workplace
Social Worker Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
A work day can be challenging and very productive at the same time. Being able to multitask and priorities the importance of your every day case load. I have learned that no matter where you work there will be challenging times and the important thing is to know how to work together for the greater good of the clients. You have to be able to agree to disagree knowing what's best for clients. I work in a diverse workplace which is a great due to the fact you learn how to help others and communicate. There's not a hard part of my job when you Love your job and that you are helping others. At the end of the day knowing I have help someone and put a smile on their face knowing I have given them the tools and information needed to help them move forward with a plan.