Georgia Farm Bureau Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 21, 2018
When I worked there, it was a great opportunity. Today, it is a failing company. I would not work at this company today, especially not under the current management.
Benefits
Cons
Middle Management
Inability to grow
Production Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 7, 2018
They are not complying to regulations from the GA Department of Labor. They don't understand insurance and profits. inability to change to meet needs
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
horrible supervisors, no smiles, full stress
GA farm Bureau insurance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, GANovember 28, 2017
Make few changes.. Management. Is unfair to staff.
Reviews are made and are normally ignored.
This person was fired because they wanted to hire a person that would be cheaper. After that the company fired them. But did not bring back the persons they fired. Again they got away with it. The company should have given the fired individuals the opportunity to be brought back.
Pros
None.
Cons
They fire staff Without any inquiry
Family Atmosphere
Office Manager/Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 21, 2017
Georgia Farm Bureau has a wonderful family atmosphere to work within. Emphasis is given to the customer and keeping them satisfied. As an insurance company it is fair and equitable to its clients.
good
Legal Extern (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 12, 2017
I was just an intern here. Tough to give a good indication of what things were like. But the people were great and I enjoyed my time there.......................
Wonderful
1) Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 6, 2017
I loved everything about working for this company! Just as with any company there are small issues that could have been avoided, but overall a great experience.
Not a fun place to work
Document Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 3, 2017
GFB has it's ups and down's as most job more downs than ups. Work day 8-4:30 and the supervisor expect you to start right at 8, they don't give you time to catch a breath before they start giving out orders. Always picking , standing watching you like you are little children, don't want you to talk not even to your coworkers in your area but they can sit all day and talk with the maintenance man and other supervisors. Supervisor's are prejudice,with some people. I hated the place got a headache everyday I had to go. If you call in without having asked for it off it counts against you and is called unscheduled PTO, if you get to many unscheduled PTO's you are out the door, even if you have the time. If you clock in 1 minute after 8 you are late and they want to fuss about it.If you work in any of PHS department it's worst department to work and Mail Ops.
Pros
Christmas time you get free gift card, and fair time you get free tickets.
management shows favoritism accounting department
pms analyst (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 12, 2017
I would not suggest anyone spend their time at this company. Upper Management and Supervisor are RUDE no matter how hard you work you will not be promoted. They only promote who they like and not who know and can do the job. There in no integrity in this Department. I will be surprise if this Company last five years with the Staff they having running it.
Cons
short lunch break, underpay
Great people to work with.
CSR 1 (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJuly 4, 2017
Manager was high strung, dishonest, and disrespectful regarding women. All the other people I worked with were great. Manager did not want me to act as a team member with fellow employees.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
poor management
bad
Jr. Programmer (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 16, 2017
Great place to work. Fun environment. The people treat you nice. Always upbeat environment and positive vibes. I would definitely recommend Standridge color.
understaffed
Premium Payment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 10, 2017
GFB was at one time, a very pleasant place to work. People have retired or moved on for various reasons and instead of hiring extra people to fill the vacancies, they are dividing the jobs between current employees causing a work overload and no extra compensation. I am now concerned with the financial security of the business.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
poor pay
Information of Job
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 5, 2017
Your morning start when delivery come. Sorting document and processing claim. Finding files that could be in Attorney offices so you can process at a timely fashion. Getting document needed to complete the process. I learned what Attorney have to go through, what there job consist of, customer service, Data Entry, claims, estimates. When getting a job, get something that you enjoy, it will be a joy for you coming to work everyday because you enjoy what you do.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
short lunch
A business in transition
Agency Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, GAMay 4, 2017
They were going through a tough transition of going from a captive agency system to a multi company agency system. The industry in Georgia had suffered several bad years from property losses from catastrophic storms. Their concentration of values caused the company to suffer large losses and require new tough underwriting and review guides to mitigate future losses.
Pros
good environment
Cons
behind in technology and underwriting
Great work environment
Commercial Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 9, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of working your queue starting with the oldest date and answering phone calls. Most of the management is awesome, there are just a few that are lacking. It's a great work environment with your co-workers.
Pros
Health and dental insurance, Pto, Eib, 401K
Cons
Short breaks, too many managers/supervisors
Chillest. Job. And workplace. Ever.
Data Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 6, 2017
I love my job and I've only been here a month. They really gave me the best job in my field and I'm already being set up for retirement. My boss is the shizznit and my coworkers are down to earth. Everyone else is pretty awesome and helpful also. My favorite job, next to GameStop. Only downside: my training period has me stuck in the earliest shift possible. 8:00-4:30, aka no taking my baby to school, no picking him up, and no business getting done cause I work during business hours of everything lol
Pros
Almost everything!
Cons
My friggin schedule lol
First real job
COMPUTER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 11, 2015
Started out as file clerk, moved on to be a Computer Operator. Rotated shifts every month, that was the hard part. Learning something new was the easy part.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
pay
Productive and fun workplace co-workers and I worked as a team.
Business office assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlem, GAOctober 15, 2014
Greeted numerous customers , visitors, VIP's, vendors took customer payments in person and via telephone. Answered and managed incoming and outgoing calls while recording accurate messages. Enter all Data and customer payments File, fax, email any documents to home office. How to manage office in fast pace environment. My co workers were very helpful and professional. The Hardest part of the job was talking with those with insurance claims. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with friendly customers and co workers.
Stay Away if the position is in PHS!!
Processing (Former Employee) –  Macon GeorgiaOctober 13, 2014
When I first started working there it was great. As the time went on and people retired the new supervisors became inconsiderate and in my case RUDE. . If you can get a job in any other department besides PHS I would say do it. PHS is very stressful and makes up rules as they go,
Cons
Management issues
A Friendly work place enviroment
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 8, 2014
When I come into work each morning I take the mail out and make coffee. After that I check my emails and respond to all request. During the day I take calls, file paper work, help customers with their account, make new files and check on our change apps. Towards the end of the day we close out our shift, clean the coffee out and make sure all the lights our off before setting the alarm to leave. After I am off, I have to make one stop at the bank to make my night deposit.

I love all my agents because they all have different personalities and are fun to work with.

Management is excellent. Completely fair and always want to see you progress within the company.

Everything is pretty easy besides making sure our customers pay on time.

I enjoy everything about this place but I am still looking for another job that I could work around my current job to have an extra income.
Pros
Holiday pay bonus, holiday pay, extra breaks and longer lunches, very flexible with our schedules in case we have an emergency, excellent health care benefits and promotions.
Cons
I loved working for the home office
Claims Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 18, 2014
I would sort and deliver mail to the right files or adjustors for claims. I enjoyed working with 100's of people. I also sent out claims that needed to be mailed to each county office.
Pros
Great healthcare and 401K