Georgia Gwinnett College Employee Reviews

Great place to work part-time
Communications Officer (911 dispatcher) part-time (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 9, 2019
My typical day at work would be answering 911 calls and dispatching police to address emergency and non-emergency concerns. As a part-time employee there was no flexibility in the hours or with the pay.
Pros
Low key
Cons
no benefits for part timers
Very Productive
Janitor (Former Employee) –  University Center, VADecember 4, 2018
I really Loved working at GGC I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis on 07/032018 for over a month and two weeks I was hospitalize and was out sick for a minute but Georgia Gwinnett College is a good job to have.
Pros
they would give us gift cards lunching
Cons
birthday gifts
Enjoy working there
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 30, 2018
Great place and awesome professors.
Love working with a variety of students. I have the opportunity to work in a variety of classroom settings and meet and work with the professors.
Pros
Cons
Nothing yet
Productive and fun, yet disciplined
Staff (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 26, 2018
The job is fun but it is hard work. Officiating games, planning programming, creating leagues and things of that nature. Also chaperoning events and leading a team of officials as well as players. At times there are rowdy students and it can get difficult dealing with tempers, but understanding how to deescalate solves those moments.
Nice Place To Clean not much of a filthy campus
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 20, 2018
Great Job!!! Just more benefits And More Pay
Typical work day nothing changes over time
Cleaning with a co-working makes the job go by faster
If co-worker runs of product we are there to help and replace
The company was extremely fun and challenging to work for and the leadership was great there.
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 14, 2018
I was able at Georgia Gwinnett to realize my goals and was encouraged to be a part of major decisions about the growth and master planning of the college.
Pros
The college was very goal oriented and always asked me what I thought about its direction.
Cons
Sometimes the traffic would be bad.
Great place to begin career
Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 27, 2018
I advise that you work with a goal in mind and after 3-5 years move on to another company once goals are accomplished.Networking is key and be sure to familiarize yourself with various departments across campus.
Amazing
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAAugust 13, 2018
This was an internship. All I can say is that it was amazing I really enjoyed my time and I learned a lot from the experience. Workplace culture was paced.
Nice people, bad pay and advancement
Admissions Processor (Current Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAAugust 6, 2018
GGC is a nice place to work but with the low starting pay rate and little to no advancement available, I don't recommend starting a career there. Most other schools start out with higher pay.
Academic Enhancement Center
Student Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 7, 2018
Super professional work environment. All faculty is eager to help, if you have any questions. Work hours are flexible with your school schedule. Great overall work environment.
Pros
Job experience
Biology Peer Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 4, 2018
It was a great experience working with the Georgia Gwinnett college community and the community there was really collaborative but still management could have been better in some departments.
Pros
supportive
Cons
Stressful
Ggc
Student Orientation Staff (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 1, 2018
I loved working as a Student Orientation Assistant. It gave me a chance to see incoming students who were confused about everything. I liked helping them.
it used to be a good place
Housekeeper/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 28, 2018
I loved my job for 3 years before a new company took over with a lack of management skills. I was one of the best employees that worked there. I did more than what was required as far as cleaning in detail and making sure everything got done.
Pros
1 hr break
Cons
lack of management skills
Productive and fun workplace with Ping Pong tables
Student Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 24, 2018
Typically greeted guests, planned events, and helped them with inquiries. Being positive and having good teamwork is key!

Managers always tried to be there for us when possible and were hands on, great people.

Sometimes work could get a bit boring if working front or info desk, but this just means more time to work on school work, if you need it!
Pros
Work around your schedule if you're a student.
Cons
It's a student job. The only benefits you'll get is those already afforded to you as a student.
Disfunctional at the executive leadership level
Associate Vice President of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAMay 24, 2018
The culture was tainted and very political with too many clicks. Too much gossip and rumor control. Executive leadership out of touch with the daily operating pulse of the institution. Too many decisions were made for departments from information gathered from outside sources.
Hard work and dedication is not appreciated. It is more about how well you fit in with the right click.
Cons
Poor leaders at the executive level
It was okay
Student Accounts - Junior Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 22, 2018
It was an alright place to work. Apply. Do good work. Be nice to students. Go home. Rinse and repeat. Try to have some free time in between time. Just do it.
the collage is ok for 1st generation of college
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 16, 2018
The hard part of the job was pressure from the majority race. Some lazy employees not only made hard the work environment by gossiping and parting also, tried to destroy hardworking people reputations. Despite of Managements' acknowledgements about all those situations there is no action to solve or equal opportunities.
Pros
study balance
Cons
culture
Student assistant
Student Assistant- Access Services (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 27, 2018
Good job for students who don't have many bills to pay. Easy work once you learn the system and how things work, it's just repetitive tasks. No pay raises or incentives for hard workers and you'll have to pick up the slack for lazy workers.
Decent Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAFebruary 19, 2018
Needs more support from upper management.

College caters more to providing low costs to students instead of supporting employees.

Very low technology use, long hours, employees are exhausted.
Pros
decent coworkers
Cons
long days
Fun and Collaberative
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAFebruary 15, 2018
If you love to work with a team, this is the job for you. Everyone is sweet and helpful and you will gain many connections. This job is the best thing ever.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Slow