Georgia Highlands College Employee Reviews

Laid Back Work Environment
Student Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 25, 2018
The overall work environment is very laid back which I enjoyed. I was able to come to work each day and focus on my job. Employees could receive more training upon being hired.
Poor treatment of part time faculty
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 13, 2018
Hard work and commitment are not appreciated, not rewarded. Low pay, no benefits, no office, few supplies. Constantly having to pay for supplies, resources and teaching materials. Even ink and paper because you have no office. Dean does not pay attention or appreciate what you do. Meanwhile many new people are hired in administrative, educationally unnecessary positions. Adjuncts are considered second class and disposable. Any ideas or suggestions by adjuncts are immediately struck down or frowned upon by full time faculty.
Pros
Technology equipped classrooms
Cons
Low pay, no office, no benefits, no say or input
Fun, yet professional place to work with great people!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 5, 2018
Working here, I shred paper, stuff envelopes and direct people to where they need to go. I have learned to better my people skills and my professionalism. My managers and superiors are fun, yet effective in enforcing their rules.
Pros
Great people, laid back
Cons
Can get hectic, crowded, stressful
Great Place to work!
Federal Work Study Student and Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 21, 2018
Simple tasks. You are able to finish homework in your free time. Caring staff. Security is right beside you at all times. I would recommend this job to everyone.
Great Place to Start out
Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Roma, GeorgiaFebruary 1, 2018
Great little college that saw growth during my time as Brand Chairman and Webmaster. My main concern was the lack of new management and job advancement coupled with the fact no one was getting raises over a 7 year span.

It's a typical entrenched tenured staff that brings nothing to the table. Performance characteristics of entrenched boards, where long-tenured and aging directors often serve primarily the interests of family, college founders, or other dominant members of the board.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not if you have a family and real bills
Professor of Biology (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 1, 2018
Great place to work because of the wonderful faculty and staff as well as the resources provided on campus. Students growth and development are a top priority.
Great place to work.
Campus Planner (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 13, 2018
Everyone was professional but friendly and always willing to jump in and help whenever and wherever needed. The general attitude of everyone I had the pleasure to work with was that we were all there to do a job and to get the job done.
productive and fun workplace
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 1, 2018
Greeting/ meeting new students is the most enjoyable part of the job and working along other orientation leader's is always about the importance of team work.
Pros
meet new people, easy and fun
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 13, 2017
I was a Student worker so I didn't receive the other benefits that they offer to the full-time regular employees. The environment is professional and relax, fast pace.
Great place to work.
Faculty/Part-time (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GA 30121October 1, 2017
The campus is small but also a warm and friendly environment to work at. I enjoyed working with students and very much appreciative of the support received from faculty ad staff.
Love it
French Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 19, 2017
I love teaching and would recommend GHC to anyone. It is a great place to be for any teacher or student. I love the way everyone help each other no matter what
Seems like a nice place to work for...
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 24, 2017
Warm Environment, friendly staff, caring professors, safe college to attend, be picky about your advisors, speak to several advisors about your career goals... some will give a different point of view which is very helpful. Some of the advisors are more knowledgeable about what is needed for the student's best interest for future success and goals.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Advancement Is Difficult
I took classes at this school
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 15, 2017
I started taking classes at this school after I came back home from Savannah State University. This school allowed me to take various classes and learn more about the business world.
Pros
small school
Cons
select classes to take
My Manager was supportive and fair.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 16, 2017
A typical day as a Customer Service Rep, was very busy assisting students, parents, staff and faculty. Phones were very busy, along with students and parents walk-in with documents and admission applications and forms. I learned a great deal working here, one being patience, and consideration of others feelings and concerns. I had a great manager who was concern about the staff as well as making sure we were efficient in our jobs. The culture can use improvement.
the hardest part of the job, was sitting all day. The most enjoyable part, was I got to make a difference in the lives of students as well as parents.
Pros
Made a difference in the lives of students and parents
Cons
Sitting all day
Most enjoyable part of the job
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 3, 2017
Most enjoyable part of this job was helping students grow in the nursing field. I enjoyed sharing learning experiences with them and encouraging them to expand their critical thinking skills.
My job
Assistant Women Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 16, 2017
Great!! My job consist of recruiting players for the upcoming season for the Women's Basketball Team. I was required to do 100% of the recruiting, do all of the skill development for each player, I was the strength and conditioning coach, I worked with developing the post players, I was over the housing for the players.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
A lot of time away from your family.
Orientation Staff (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 19, 2017
Enjoying your co-workers is an important necessity when helping others. Here you truly feel loved and feel like you are making a difference in others lives.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
low pay
Great Place
Professor (Current Employee) –  Rome GeorgiaMarch 19, 2017
Great educational institution to work for because of the students are harding working, the faculty are engaged in their work, and administration is very conscious of the needs of everyone.
Loved being helpful to all the kids
Financial Services Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 13, 2017
Good place to work, lacked strong management in the business office. Learned a lot about the process of enrolling and working your way through a two year college experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Goverment regulations limit common sense actions to help students
Very rewarding
Adjunct Professor/Accounting (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 25, 2017
It is very rewarding to teach in the classroom setting. It is wonderful to reach people and help them learn about accounting.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Highlands College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5