Georgia Piedmont Technical College Employee Reviews

Like My Department
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAApril 17, 2019
I love my department but don't like that being a state employee with no benefits or full time work. Majority of the people are great. The job is easy to do and pretty laid back environment. Everyone gets a long and work well together.
a good starter job
Facilities Management Worker (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAMarch 20, 2019
its a decent job with friendly people. can be a bit frustrating at time but that comes with any job. Setting up can be a bit tedious and the fact sometimes ur the only one there sucks a bit but its better then not having a job. the pay is what you'd expect of part time
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
schedules isnt fixed
N/a
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, GAMarch 19, 2019
Each area of GPTC is special in its own. I was allowed to participate in training/workshops to help advance my skills.
The hardest part about the job was seeing the struggles some of the students were going through.
Instructor
GED Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAMarch 5, 2019
A typical day at work students are for college and career readiness. Students are encouraged to participate in dual enrollment where they take college credit while attending high school.

The hardest part of my job is getting to work because of the traffic congestion.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when students volunteered on a daily basis to become peer tutors.
Fun work environment, excellent management
Machine generator opporater in optic plant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 1, 2019
I've worked in the optics factory as intern the work was always consistent,the management was respectful and dependable. The environment was friendly organized and clean
Pros
Great benefits, room for job growth
Cons
Sometimes exauhsting hours required
It was real enjoyable to work in my field
Laboratory Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAFebruary 14, 2019
To obtain a position as a Graphic Designer with a company that will allow professional growth in my career and benefit from my experience, skills and creativity in Visual Communications.
Comfortable
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, GAFebruary 10, 2019
The hardest part would have to be upper management.
The best part was all the leadership training.
The culture was more mild to fast pace, yet comfortable.
Was great untiil the last two years or so.
Institutional Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAFebruary 8, 2019
A large amount of people were let go due to financial irregularities spearheaded by the President who was also dismissed. But unfortunately the employees had to pay the price.
Poor Management
Coordinator, Enrollment Management (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, GAJanuary 29, 2019
Georgia Piedmont Technical College is experiencing financial difficulties and is unable to pay salaries. The Department of Education has classified it as a HCM2 cateory (high cash management level 2) and can no longer offer loans to students. The President and Executive Cabinet were terminated by the Commissioner of the Technical College System of Georgia.
Pros
Good curriculum.
Cons
Poor management.
Nice job I really enjoyed the people!
Student Assistant (Work Study) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Management was great, I learned a lot as a student assistant. It was a peaceful and relaxed work environment. I was always treated with respect and help was there when I needed it.
Workplace Culture
Evening & Weekend Administrator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 19, 2018
As a non-profit, higher education school, GPTC is a good place to work for someone who does not have to be concerned about economic advancement because they share expenses with someone else. Benefits are good which may appeal to others. The atmosphere is very relaxed, if not clubby. I did learn a lot although I don't know how useful it would be, either because I might not land another position like this or that I won't wind up in another job at a higher ed institution at all.
Terrible Place to Work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, GADecember 14, 2018
Place is completely dysfunctional. No job security. No one really in charge. Everyone thinks they are in control. The place is constantly laying people off. No one to really help the students. Do not go to work here you probably will be unemployed in a few months.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Dysfunction at its best.
Toxic work environment
Student Affairs Officer (Current Employee) –  GADecember 12, 2018
Administrators are always trying to promote themselves at the expense of others. This did not promote a harmonious environment within Student Affairs or between Academics and Student Affairs.

TCSG is did a poor job of overtaking the school to remove poor performing employees. They conducted poor assessments by listening to secondhand information, did not implement any solid action plans to aid employees to update policies and procedures.

Data was never collected and services were never reviewed. The IT Director needs to be trained on a number of new technologies to efficiently support the IT needs of each department.
Pros
Opportunities are now available to develop departments without much interference
Cons
You have to be a part of the inner circle to ensure poor information is not communicated.
great part time job
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GADecember 11, 2018
awesome part time job , i love working there.
very laid back atmosphere, friendly clients and management staff.
you also get discounts on classes and facilities rental
Pros
catered food great staff
Cons
late nights
Currently in some challenging times
Coordinator of Document Services (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, GADecember 8, 2018
I worked at Georgia Piedmont for 18 years and it was not always the workplace that it has now become. Because of recent leadership at the college it's been left in a bad place of having to let long time and dedicated employees go.
I have very much enjoyed my tenure serving the students, community and my colleagues.

Serving the students and faculty and staff was always and still is my priority while am employee

I look forward to the new Administration making a full recovery of the College.
The benefits are really nice. No room for advancement, no raises, reviews that are not indicative of your achievements.
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 19, 2018
A typical day at work consists of an 11 hour day where you have little office time and are teaching students a minimum of 30 hours a week. Management is well-meaning, however ineffective. Culture is pleasant and very formal. The hardest part of the job is realizing that due to budget constraints there is no room for improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching students and realizing that you are making a difference in people's lives.
Pros
great benefits, great co-workers, excellent time off benefits.
Cons
Long work days, poor compensation, constantly changing rules and policies.
Stressful!!
Administrative Assistant/ Advanced Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAOctober 8, 2018
Upper Management is terrible! Unorganized and to much stress. It used to be a wonderful place to work but not anymore. Maybe one day they will get the right people back in place and it will improve.
Pros
Time off and insurance
Cons
Stress
Positive place
Auxiliary worker (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 7, 2018
Very family oriented lots of positive personal. Team players.This job taught me a lot about customer service and dealing with all kinds of different ethics
Pros
Cons
Late hours had to close college at night
Georgia Piedmont Technical College
Coordinator, Satellite Operations (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 20, 2018
Overall, my experience with GPTC was not a good one. The organization was top heavy and held too many meetings.The focus of the college was on a select few administrators rather than the students. Most administrators were incompetent.

One benefit was a four-day work week. Another was the benefits provided.

I learned more about politics and conflict resolution.
Pros
four-day work week, benefits
Cons
too many meetings
Work for an Adjunct depends on Management getting classes scheduled.
Economic Development Program Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 17, 2018
I worked in the Economic Development Program. Work is dependent on the Management's skill at developing training and teaching contracts. Poor management means rare teaching engagements. I have gone almost a year without anything scheduled. Communication is unbelievably poor.
The most I have been scheduled was for eight classes in one month. The least was no classes for almost a year.
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
Very inconsistent and inefficient with very poor communication.