Georgia Public Broadcasting Employee Reviews

Productive Work Place
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed my day to day tasks of taking on more responsibilities and learning from my colleagues. The work place culture invited animals and creative spaces for positive reinforcement before getting back to work.
Great place!
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2018
For starters, Its almost no supervision while you're on your routes collecting donations. The best part was that you got paid by the hour as well as commission so your chance for a great check were endless
Productive and great place to hone skills needed on production sets
Floor Director / Camera Operator (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2018
Great company to learn hands on experience. They take the time to rotate you into different jobs in order to give you a good understanding on how to work on set.
Pros
flexible, volunteer work, east to netowrk, great hands on experience
Cons
short breaks, fast pace, must work with teams
Very energetic work environment
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
The environment at GPB was very welcoming and warm. All employees were kind and made you feel welcome. The days are always fun starting with ice breakers and acknowledgement of works accomplishments
Good place to start off
Digital Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2017
I like this company for anyone who is starting off in the industry of media. The work environment is calm and friendly. It's good to get recognition for the work you do there and helps you learn new skills you can apply.
Great family oriented culture
Media Encoding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2016
Great family oriented culture that understands that family is first. Despite being a broadcast facility, GPB has the ability to accommodate family needs and values.
Georgia Public Broadcasting
Announcer/Producer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2016
It was a wonderful place to be employed with.I increased my production and speaking skills, I appreciated being afforded the opportunity to produce a jazz program that aired state wide. I liked sharing the knowledge.
Pros
I enjoyed the experience
Cons
Some of my fellow employees had bad attitudes.
Great atmosphere, benefits and compensation, but lacked organization
Paid Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2016
I loved the laid-back atmosphere; the simplicity of the job was nice. Sub-par management, very inefficient training and redundant exercises. My boss' were super nice, they just had too much of a caseload and a tiny office for them and the employees.
Fun easy-going environment with a lot of room to learn
Camera Op, Floor Director, Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2015
Everyone at GPB has taken me under their wing. They all want me to be the best I can be. I have not met one person who is not concerned about my well being. Everyone is always eager to help me get to the next level, and will offer any help they can. I am very grateful to be a part of their family.
Pros
Ability to help out in all areas of production. Very helpful team members
Fun place to work, learn and grow.
Editor/Web Producer (Former Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 21, 2015
I loved working as a Web producer for Georgia Public Broadcasting. The fast pace production environment helped prepare me for other jobs in ways I had not imagined. It was also a great learning experience.
Pros
Fun creative work environment.
Cons
Lack of job security
Fun workplace with friendly people
House Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2015
Working at GPB is an enjoyable place to work because of the people there. Everyone works hard there, and everyone is friendly and easy to get along with.
Not sure they are now out sourcing
Website Media Content Editor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2014
Really great when working there, but now I am not so sure. Laid back company. Really enjoyed working for a television station.
A good start to a career in television
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2014
A typical day at Georgia Public Broadcasting begin when you first get there, I was a master control operator. When I first get there, I find out what shows that I am going to do, I check my show list and make sure that everything match, I make a backup list just in case my main list crash, I monitor my shows closely to make sure that we do not have black on the air, I make sure that I have a back up show for emergency, then I make sure that the main show dubbed for later dates and at the end of the day I set my show list up for the next operator. I always want to make sure that everything is good after I leave so that why I check my shows for my shift and ten hours after my shift. The management staff make you feel like you are part of the family and they help you reach that next level. The hardest part of my job is when someone calls in and you have to cover their shift but that comes with the territory. I have to say that the most enjoyable part about this job is your peers, I love working with my peers. Georgia Public Broadcasting was not big but at the same time it was not small it was good fit for beginning your career in television.
Pros
A good career start
Cons
No advancement to grow
relaxed environment
network control (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2014
GPB is a slower pace work environment. Good for the beginning or end of a television career
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
not much room for growth
Excellent educational programming
Program Servvices Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2014
Being able to offer diversed programs for Georgia and surrounding states.
A Great Place to Work
Accts. Receivable/ Data Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2013
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an awesome place to work! It's family-oriented and pet friendly. Fundraiser events are memorable and the catering is pleasant.
Great Place to Work/Learn
Television Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2013
My experience at Georgia Public Broadcasting was absolutely great! As an intern, I had the opportunity to learn all of the aspects of television production. The production team at Georgia Public Broadcasting were great and were very willing to share knowledge and help you.
Awesome place to work
Producer/Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2013
I can't say enough positive things about my tenure at GPB. It was an honor to be associated with such a diverse, dedicated and talented group of people
Great place to work, gain great experience.
Associate Producer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2012
I was intern here and was brought back for a contractual position. I have worked here for a combine 2 years and half. I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience that will help me where ever my next job is.
Pros
great place, people are great, great atmosphere, room to grow
Great for Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2012
Great for Volunteer Opportunities. Not too many job opening for GPB but its get for experience and its all for a good cause.