Georgia Regents University Employee Reviews

Payed the bills
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 30, 2018
Cost of living is low, but location is difficult to live in. Management is difficult to engage with. Good staff, hard-working and friendly. Solid regulatory support.
Stable Work Enviornment
Grant Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Manager was fair and friendly. Definitely a long-term career centered organization. Typical work day was steady busy, but not unmanageable. The workplace culture is very inclusive of different ethnicity, religions and values.
No Longer a University
Jaguar Production Crew (The CREW) (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
This University is now Augusta University. I felt like some of the student organizations were taken advantage of; what is normally a paid job was paid for in merchandise and free experience at GRU. I don't know if that is still the case, but for me personally the job kept getting harder and harder but I never got any benefits.
Georgia Regent University was the most enjoyable job I have ever had while working in Facillties
Facilities Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 23, 2018
I really enjoyed working a Georgia Regents University. IO didn't not want to leave but I had to relocate do do family issues. I really like my supervisor at GRU.
Pros
Working Culture
Cons
travel Distance to work
Great nursing support
provider (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 9, 2018
Nursing and Clinical Clerical support excellent. Patient population challenging with severe conditions that needed careful assessment and medical plan.
Very professsional organization
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Georgia Regents University which is now called Augusta University I believe after Augusta College joined Georgia Regents university.
Pros
Professional atmosphere; good communication
Processed Payroll
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 7, 2017
Processed monthly payroll for an average of 2,000 employees. Handling all employee garnishments and sending in payments to the correct agencies. Filed monthly reports and organized the monthly time sheets.
Pros
Great staff
Georgia Regents was a fun place to work.
Facilities Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 30, 2017
I enjoyed working at Georgia Regents University. I would highly recommend Georgia Regents University as a place to work. I would have loved to stay at Georgia Regents University but I had to relocate do to family issues.
Pretty Decent
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 28, 2017
Working for AU is pretty decent. The pay is fair. There isn't much room for growth unless you personally know someone. I am happy with my benefits and adore my coworkers.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Lack of ability to move up
Learning hospital
Staff Nurse Medical Surgical (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 25, 2017
Great place to start nursing career, lots of room for growth. Variety of patients and populations. Depending on unit, increase in nurse to patient ratio with increase in nursing responsibilities and duties.
Pros
continuing education oppotunities
Cons
Slow move up, racial tensions
Great benefits
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GAJuly 22, 2017
Great benefits, decent pay, and 12 holidays a year!
Too many meetings. Not enough support or training for job tasks. Often unclear of job requirements.
Need positive supervisor
Staff R.N (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 8, 2017
Did not receive proper orientation for the position. Was expected to oversee the care of physically and mentally adults without having more than 1 week of orientation.
Pros
Cons
Lack of orientation for safety of patient care
Great Faculty
Administrative Assistant I (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30912June 28, 2017
Radiology was a wonderful department to work in. The faculty was pleased, and patient during the training process. Most of the staff worked quite well together.
Pros
Great Faculty
Cons
Often job interference by staff
Stress free place to work
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 12, 2017
Very busy but sometimes boring and not very challenging. The best part is the benefits and the flexibility with vacation and sick time. The hardest part is dealing with the micro manager in administration. Very frustrating.
Benefits
Cons
Parking and management
Tutor
Lab Assistant, Tutor, Supplementary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Decent pay while trying to complete my degree. Tutor hours were flexible. Enjoyed helping other students. The college of Science and Math give students a lot of assistance in trying to find extra income
Would not recommend for employment
Former surgical employee (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 8, 2016
I don't understand all of the positive reviews. This was the worst place I have ever worked. Short staffed, horrible management. Confirmed by high turnover rate. Blatant racism. Not employee friendly at all. If you plan to work here, especially in SURGERY, watch your back! If you are not in the "in crowd" you will be showed the door for trumped up lies and reasons
Pros
Pay higher than other area hospitals
Cons
Short staff, racism, no management support, high turnover
Same as Augusta University
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Helena, GAJune 19, 2016
My review for Georgia Regents is the same as Augusta University. It is the same company that just changed its name. Performing my job with them completely depended on having adequate security to escort me from dorm to dorm, and often that did not happen.
Great School
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 11, 2016
Great place to work, however; it was employment while I was a full time student at the university. I really enjoy working with the Professors and students.
Pros
Great School
Cons
Intern
Good place to work for the benefits
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 15, 2016
the benefits are good. the advancement has not been as good. The flexibility has been great . Typical day a work is good . I have learned alot will working here. There are a lots of politics i have encountered while working here.
benefits
Cons
advancement
Productive and Fun workplace
LPN (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 2, 2016
I always had a productive work day and was able to gain a lot of experience during the 10 years at GRU. During my time working with this company I was able to be cross trained in many areas. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to see the results of hard work and dedication when we would pass our annual audits. The part I liked the most was that there was no typical day at work, you never knew what to expect and it kept me prepared.As far as management goes I have had some manager's that saw potential and pushed me beyond that potential to help mold me into the Nurse I am today. During my ten years I can say that I enjoyed my Job. I can say that because I was a new Nurse when I started over the years I have gained a lot of knowledge and training. For the most part I got along with my co workers as well as other staff members.
Pros
One of the pros I could say was the training I received and the dedicated staff
Cons
We was always short of staff