Georgian Court University Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Good place to work. Great people and support staff.
Assistant to the Director of Graduate Admissions (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJune 28, 2018
The benefits of working at GCU are that they will offer tuition remission for employees, spouses and children. Very high pressure. Great people to work with, but there is a definite lack of advancement for support staff.
Pros
People and paid time off
Cons
Long hours for low pay
Could be a very good opportunity
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJune 14, 2018
University was not ready to step up and become an NCAA Division II contender. The Athletic Director is in over her head with no idea on how to build a National final four program.
Great job!
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMay 25, 2018
The professors are so nice and take the time out to teach you about all the various techniques needed to excel in this job. I recommend applying here to anyone!
Graduate Adjunct Professor
Graduate Administrative Intern Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 18, 2018
Enjoyable experience to assist graduate students complete their degree. An institution that embraces scholarship, leadership, and character. The institution supports the advancement of education and is highly collaborative.
Pros
schedule
Cons
My co-workers were my family
Staff Assistant - Counseling (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 6, 2018
Coming to GCU after working in NYC was not easy. Things were quite different. One thing that was better, however, was the kind, caring nature of my coworkers. I am blessed to call them family.
Good supervisor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 3, 2018
Indeed is making me write a review in order to move forward in this process. Did not work there long enough to give a fair review. Pay was fair, supervisor was fair, work hours were fair. There just weren't enough classes to teach in the summer as the few classes went to the veteran teachers.
Pros
pay
Cons
unknown
A great place to get a job while you're attending as a student
Student Admissions Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJFebruary 20, 2018
Georgian Court University provides job opportunities to their students part time and full time. They work extremely well with the students and their school demanding calendars.
Productive fun relaxes workplace
Desk Assistant- Work Study (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJDecember 24, 2017
I worked for two separate departments at Georgian Court simultaneously. A typical day at work entailed showing up on time and sitting at a desk and watching the door to see if there were any guests in the dorm hall for my DA position. For my phonathon position we came into work and started up our program and began calling constituents to try and meat our daily gift goal. Management at both jobs was amazing. They are more relaxed because they realize that we are students first, so they made working two jobs and going to college a little easier. The DA position was in no way difficult, the only downside was that unless people decided to visit, it was an isolated job. Phonathon on the other hand was better because there was never a dull moment, and everyone was nice to one another all of the time.
Pros
free gcu gear
Cons
limit on hours per week/per semester
Education
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJSeptember 11, 2017
It is a small, catholic school located in South Jersey. Great programs for business majors, nursing majors, and education majors. Athletics are decent.
It was fun to tutor students.
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 18, 2017
It was fun to teach other students. I developed a few friendships from the experience. The pay was nice, and my fellow employees were helpful and understanding.
Pros
The campus was beautiful.
Cons
Clients not showing up on time.
Productive and fair place to work
Secretary to the Office of the Provost (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMarch 30, 2017
place makes for a wonderful place to work. Staff and administration work very closely and very well together. Typical day includes email, multi-tasking, scheduling, etc.. Management is very accommodating when possible.
Pros
free lunch during each semester-total of 45
Peer tutor
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMarch 29, 2017
Tutored Spanish and business courses to students at Georgian court university. Helped organizing the office when it was required. Filled a log for every student tutored
Pros
flexible lunch and dinner
Cons
no health plans
wonderful
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMarch 9, 2017
everyday at work there was something different. many people, very nice and welcoming, makes a person feel at home. I learned friendships, responsibility and respect. the management team was amazing and just great. their was nothing hard about the job and I enjoyed everything about it.
Pros
the hours
Cons
the money
Great work place
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMarch 2, 2017
Amazing environment, great atmosphere, and awesome people! So friendly and welcoming, an overall cool place to work.
Enjoyable workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJNovember 21, 2016
Doing research was an enjoyable and educational experience with the professors there. Several students had the opportunity to do research with each professor and the additional material you learn, and the experience one gains, is vital to the development of knowledge.
Fun working atmosphere
Deans Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJOctober 2, 2016
This was my work study job when I was in college in the student Life Department. I was like a deans assistant I answered phones, filed papers, hang flyers, go to meeting, fixed online website made copies, faxed papers more like clerical work.
Fun campus to work on
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMay 18, 2016
Very vibrant staff and environment. Always supplied materials for programs and meetings. Coordinators and Supervisors are positive fun people, as well as the staff.
Pros
friendships builded, great resume and personal builder
A very nice school in need of a change in direction
Director (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 1, 2016
You'd be hard-pressed to find an environment more friendly and kind-hearted than GCU. From the offer of employment, through new employee orientation, everything was handled great. The university was going through a massive change in leadership at the time I was hired and I fault many of the complications on that. They were also going co-educational, which created many obstacles.

The university definitely needs a change in enrollment management if it is going to survive in the long-term.

However, as a place to work, it is a lovely school with dedicated people and a truly delightful student body. While many of the students have remedial needs, they are open to learning and getting the help. With some structural changes, they could thrive. I just worry that their "declining location" will make it difficult to attract students.

It's a shame--such a nice place!!!
Pros
Free lunch, Great colleagues, Stunning campus, Polite students, Nuns
Cons
Poor operating cash flow, deteriorating town around gorgeous campus, supervisors not trained to be leaders even if well meaning.
Extremley professional setting, fun to work with the staffs, learn a lot about myself and the job
Student Life Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMarch 4, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students happy' typical day in the office is filling paper work, answer phone calls and typing documents.
it was great
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 16, 2016
Georgian Court University’s graduates—personally and collectively—contribute positive change in your world.

Join the GCU community of scholarship, empowerment and friendships, built on the contributions of more than 1,600 undergraduates and 700 graduate students. You will experience a life-affirming education in the Catholic Mercy tradition, which holds fast to the foundational values of justice, integrity, respect, compassion, and service.

At GCU, you don’t just talk about these values—you put them to work in the classroom, in the community, and later, in your career. From social justice and science to health care and education, the Catholic Mercy tradition connects your passion to your chosen profession, and compels you to serve those in need.