Georgian Court University

Georgian Court University Employee Reviews

United States43 reviews
Very nice atmosphere with more than adequate support. Exceptional work related tools to help with teaching. Great on-site opportunities for students. Rigorous educational expectations.
Colleagues are very helpful if I had any questions pertaining to my job. I always felt motivated to be at work when tutoring for Georgian Court University!
Nice place to work, lovely campus but Lakewood area was not very pleasant to drive in. Overall positive experience with both staff and students. Lateral moves to different areas in the University was very difficult. Vacation PTO and health benefits were excellent for part time and full time employees.
GCU is a small campus with a big heart. People who work and study here are happy and feel part of a larger family. As an advisor to students, I know for a fact that many students stay because of this blessed inclusiveness, often bypassing financial benefits elsewhere. This to me is the Catholic true-heartedness, universal acceptance. We are privileged to be part of such an institution. The Writing Center has expanded on several levels since its inception five years ago...I am enthused to be part of such an innovative and caring outreach.
The university does not practice the Mercy Core Values it promotes. Be fully aware of this before you accept a job at the institution. It is not what it appears to be on the surface.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I enjoyed my time as an office assistant at GCU, the atmosphere was stress free. My manager also made it a comfortable work environment for all fellow employees.
Good environment. Dean was very helpful and supportive. I enjoyed teaching the courses and thought the requirements for the course were good. I would teach there again.
When I get to work, I hit the ground running once the computer is on. I check my emails, look at my schedule, and then dive right in. I learned that you cannot please everyone. My direct supervisor is not a micromanager. The workplace culture is a little tense right now. Graduation is coming. The hardest part of the job is keeping all of the jobs straight and who's doing what. The most enjoyable part is working with the students who are in the videos.
Great job if your a parent with a kid going thru Georgian Court(you do get a discount on tuition). But pay is not a livable wage,benefits are expensive, management fights with other departments (making your job harder), not much in the way of career advancement, Human resources seem to make up their own rules screwing you, management does not always put you in for pto when you request it,making your pay checks less. It's a decent job if you dont want to work hard,or are looking for the discount on tuition otherwise I would steer clear. Pay is terrible.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Pay, management, no career advancement
The benefits of working at GCU are that they will offer tuition remission for employees, spouses and children. Very high pressure. Great people to work with, but there is a definite lack of advancement for support staff.
Pros
People and paid time off
Cons
Long hours for low pay
GCU is a great place to work and the management has done an amazing job with their student body and has a tremendous vision for the local communities.
University was not ready to step up and become an NCAA Division II contender. The Athletic Director is in over her head with no idea on how to build a National final four program.
The professors are so nice and take the time out to teach you about all the various techniques needed to excel in this job. I recommend applying here to anyone!
Enjoyable experience to assist graduate students complete their degree. An institution that embraces scholarship, leadership, and character. The institution supports the advancement of education and is highly collaborative.
Pros
schedule
Cons
Coming to GCU after working in NYC was not easy. Things were quite different. One thing that was better, however, was the kind, caring nature of my coworkers. I am blessed to call them family.
Georgian Court University provides job opportunities to their students part time and full time. They work extremely well with the students and their school demanding calendars.
I worked for two separate departments at Georgian Court simultaneously. A typical day at work entailed showing up on time and sitting at a desk and watching the door to see if there were any guests in the dorm hall for my DA position. For my phonathon position we came into work and started up our program and began calling constituents to try and meat our daily gift goal. Management at both jobs was amazing. They are more relaxed because they realize that we are students first, so they made working two jobs and going to college a little easier. The DA position was in no way difficult, the only downside was that unless people decided to visit, it was an isolated job. Phonathon on the other hand was better because there was never a dull moment, and everyone was nice to one another all of the time.
Pros
free gcu gear
Cons
limit on hours per week/per semester
It is a small, catholic school located in South Jersey. Great programs for business majors, nursing majors, and education majors. Athletics are decent.
It was fun to teach other students. I developed a few friendships from the experience. The pay was nice, and my fellow employees were helpful and understanding.
Pros
The campus was beautiful.
Cons
Clients not showing up on time.
place makes for a wonderful place to work. Staff and administration work very closely and very well together. Typical day includes email, multi-tasking, scheduling, etc.. Management is very accommodating when possible.
Pros
free lunch during each semester-total of 45
Tutored Spanish and business courses to students at Georgian court university. Helped organizing the office when it was required. Filled a log for every student tutored
Pros
flexible lunch and dinner
Cons
no health plans