Geosyntec Consultants, Inc.

Geosyntec Consultants, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States35 reviews
Geosyntec is a massive company that is lacking in management and junior level development. If you work hard you may see reward, you may not. There isnt much training provided. You need to know your stuff before . There is not much push for work life balance. Most people work 60+ hours a week.
Pros
free lunches and coffee
Cons
management is lacking, long hours, not compensated for overtime
Company has too many non-producing legacy executives with inflated salaries creating high overhead cost and inflated rates in order to carry this burden. Geosyntec only has one metric (chargeability). No metrics for: initiating client engagement, securing new MSAs, increasing client revenues, growing programs and keeping 10-15 people busy. Additionally new employees are routinely required to work beyond 50-60hrs per week and the company does not pay overtime.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Non producing inflated salary executives
Elitist attitude among management; 24/7 availability expected of all staff. Management is 100% scientists and engineers who cannot effectively manage; have poor management skills; have reached "Peter Principal."
The stars of this company are those that sacrifice their personal lives to have the most billable hours on their time sheets. Lip service is paid to work life balance, but does not exist. All administrative positions are viewed as a drain on the profitability of the company regardless of how important the work performed by these individuals might be. Those at the very top seem to make it their mission to make all work functions of the company increasingly more difficult and time consuming, while fantasizing that the increased work load can be handled by the same number of individuals. If you have another choice I would recommend that you steer clear of this company. This company could be so much better, but that would require the old guard step away and allow new ideas and opportunities to flourish.
I was included in company events and was made to feel comfortable. I had a great sense of accomplishment in my work and was recognized for it. I looked forward to coming into the office every day my job gave me a sense of pride.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Demanding company for field workers extensive travel required difficult to manage having a family life as a field employee office personnel get a much better work life balance
Great people to work with and work for. A typical day at work is out if the office on field working with client, contractor and sub contractors. Working approximately 10-12 hours a day including weekends. Excessive traveling out of town and out of state for long period of time. Hardest part of the job is time management and writing a lot of reports. Most enjoyable part of the job is facing new challenges on site.
The most traumatic work experience of my life due to the witch, I mean, office manager. Woman has serious mental issues and insecurities that she likes to take out on people she is intimidated by. Ran 3 employees out the door within her year there. Quit just so that I could keep my sanity and not have to deal with her ever again. Best choice I ever made. Loved the job though!
Geosyntec is a great company. Well managed. Bright colleagues. They push you hard but offer great opportunities for professional growth for ambitious employees.
Know going in that if you want to succeed at Geosyntec, you will eventually (say, 5 or so years in) need to develop relationships with clients and start managing said clients or bring in new ones. If you are good at this, the money is very good and the room for advancement is there. If you want to crunch numbers in a corner, they have room for that too...but only if you are REALLY good at crunching those numbers. This company is overflowing with PhDs.
You get treated as one of the family. We all got along and worked in a very comfortable environment. Management always had their door open to help and listen to any of us. Great workplace
Pros
Healthcare Ins, breaks, Pto, Vacation, Sick time
Ithe company is located in the north of austin it is well organized and is doing multiple projects on time.
i worked there and i enjoyed the environment. i can recommend anyone this company
Managment expected people have no life and hardest part of work they requests task within very little time without consideration of sickness or people are have limited understanding to the scope.
Working here can be great. Other times, not so much. It's what you make of it. You will be stressed and feel overworked many times. There is a lot of turnover in various offices.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Fleeting management, amount of pay doesn't add up to all that youu do
Geosyntec can be a good employer for some. Engineers and scientists generally seem to enjoy the environment, others not so much. That said, it's a typical engineering firm with all that comes with that. As each office is fairly independent, pay close attention to the local culture as much as to, or more than, the larger corporate environment,
Pros
Decent pay and average benefits
The work was fast paced and required all staff to work closely with each other in order to make deadlines. A very professional office that put out quality work.
Very professional staff and collaborative work environment. Everyone was friendly and very willing to assist in any way possible. Staff was very flexible concerning appointments and personal time off.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
I liked working at Geosyntec. The people and the work culture were fantastic. And you got help and supplies if you needed them, no questions asked. I wished I could have stayed, but a medical situation arose that kept me from continuing to do my job. But it was truly an excellent experience.
Pros
Free lunches, fruit, coffee and wonderful people
Cons
None that I can recall
Each year the company throws a Kid Christmas Party for their employees children. One employee dresses like Santa and kids are given a wrapped book for a gift. It's always tones of fun and the kids really enjoy themselves.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Optical benefits
Company is great but is demanding and is stressful not a balanced work place. Its a consulting firm so long hours are expected in this line of work but its not for everyone
On the road as a field techican for many hours to different site. The plus with the differnt obs a person doe not get bored. Excellant oppurtunites to travel world wide if needed.
Pros
Great working relation.
Cons
Long hours at times.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geosyntec Consultants, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.