Geosyntec Consultants, Inc. Employee Reviews

Stressful work place without clear scope of work
Senior Staff Engineering Geologist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 9, 2019
Managment expected people have no life and hardest part of work they requests task within very little time without consideration of sickness or people are have limited understanding to the scope.
Good company for some
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 17, 2018
Geosyntec can be a good employer for some. Engineers and scientists generally seem to enjoy the environment, others not so much. That said, it's a typical engineering firm with all that comes with that. As each office is fairly independent, pay close attention to the local culture as much as to, or more than, the larger corporate environment,
Pros
Decent pay and average benefits
A great group.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 30, 2018
The work was fast paced and required all staff to work closely with each other in order to make deadlines. A very professional office that put out quality work.
Excellent work environment
Senior Engineering Tech (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2018
Very professional staff and collaborative work environment. Everyone was friendly and very willing to assist in any way possible. Staff was very flexible concerning appointments and personal time off.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
The work atmosphere was wonderful!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 5, 2018
I liked working at Geosyntec. The people and the work culture were fantastic. And you got help and supplies if you needed them, no questions asked. I wished I could have stayed, but a medical situation arose that kept me from continuing to do my job. But it was truly an excellent experience.
Pros
Free lunches, fruit, coffee and wonderful people
Cons
None that I can recall
Friend Oriented
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 12, 2017
Each year the company throws a Kid Christmas Party for their employees children. One employee dresses like Santa and kids are given a wrapped book for a gift. It's always tones of fun and the kids really enjoy themselves.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Optical benefits
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Acton, MASeptember 20, 2017
Company is great but is demanding and is stressful not a balanced work place. Its a consulting firm so long hours are expected in this line of work but its not for everyone
Typical Work day
Sr. Engineering Technician/ Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 28, 2017
On the road as a field techican for many hours to different site. The plus with the differnt obs a person doe not get bored. Excellant oppurtunites to travel world wide if needed.
Pros
Great working relation.
Cons
Long hours at times.
friendly environment
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2015
Commence collating existing files 7:30 AM
End at 2:00 PM
Though temporary workers we were made to feel a part of their over all team. We had excellent, caring leadership provided by their Administrator
Pros
Lunch room available with healthful snacks
Great place to be
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Geosyntec Consultants is a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Fun place but long hours
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 14, 2014
Nice group of down to earth people to work with in a small office but was required to work long hours a lot to complete jobs
Pros
Good pay and good communication throughout the office
Cons
Last minute deadline from outside locations without consideration
Geosyntec Consultants
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 21, 2014
This is a great company. I had an extremely positive and satisfying experience while working at this firm. I learned quite a lot about environmental engineering and the IT support required within. I made many friends and thoroughly enjoyed my work. Overall I had a wonderful time working here 10+ years with so many other motivated, highly intelligent, friendly individuals who excel while working in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
Plenty of work and good direction
IT Department (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 16, 2014
I worked for Geosyntec for 11 years and should have never left. Great staff, great work, and good benefits.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Sometimes demanding work hours
Good place for a type A quiet worker.
Senior Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 5, 2014
A great place if you prefer to work quietly by yourself. The high billable hour goal results in people quietly working at their desk all day with little social interaction. Your relationship with your supervisor is essential. People who have tough supervisors dont last long here. In my time there, many young recruits were quietly shown the door with little communication to the other staff.
project manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 25, 2014
I was in charge of handling all printing services for over 100 employees. I would recieve raw material and put it together in presentation form and fedex the information to the companys clients.
This was a food place to work
Senior Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2014
This was a good place to work. Supervisors were excellent compared to upper management.
Productive and great place to work with upward potential and advancement
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 5, 2013
It's a great company and if I had it my way I'd work there again with no hesitency!
Pros
Company paid insurance, good perks, great location--advancement potential and company paid tuition.
Cons
Dealing with people who abuse authority and position
Project Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 11, 2013
I've worked at Geosyntec going on 8 years now. My typical day involves project/proposal set up and managment in our accounting system. Budget/revenue project review. Expense report entry. Running various reports or queries as needed by project managers or office personnel.
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 7, 2013
Great people. Great benefits. Flexible. Godd opportunities depending on what area of expertise you have.
Productive learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 20, 2012
There really was no typical day at work. I worked with numerous engineers, geologist and doctors which seemed to call for daily rushing and quite often confusion. It was a nice place to work as it taught me a lot about what I am really capable of. I never really knew how much I was actually capable of until I started working here. This company is a place that requires a lot of last minute rushing to get deliverables and reports out the door on time. I found that working here I am capable of getting things done last minute even though it is not something that I enjoy. I the type of person who likes to have things done ahead of time and this company really did not allow for that which made me learn how to have patience!
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
did not enjoy most of the people that i worked with.