Gerber Childrenswear, Inc Employee Reviews

it sucks
Picking Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 5, 2019
This is not a place where you wanna work. its like the wild wild west there with poor management. long hours lots of weekends. please find another job
Pros
food truck
Cons
everything else
Run
Picking Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCFebruary 17, 2019
You don't want to work there. Its like the wild west. Not organized and be prepared to work a lot of hours. No work life balance. If they don't fix ALL the issues they have this building might close down
typical work day at gerber
order picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJanuary 31, 2019
Gerber overall is an nice company to work for. A typical day at Gerber will run smoothly if all the products is present. I learned that you have a certain amount of time to have the products out and make they are correct.
Poor management
Worker (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCDecember 19, 2018
This place is no place to work, long hours for no reason , prejudice management/ supervisors, will tell you one wage but give you a different pay and drug deals! This place needs investigated.
Pros
Leaving
Face pace environment
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Jedburg, SCSeptember 19, 2018
Gerber is fast pace and have to meet goals due to receiving and shipping product. Over all its a great place to work. Being at gerber gives you room for improvement.
Ghetto Highschool
Pick Pack/ Picking/ Shipper (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCSeptember 16, 2018
They will work you hard until they no longer need you and then you’re fired. It’s a bad set up 10 hour shifts short breaks and normally when it’s busy 6 days a week. Overtime wasn’t all that great either.
Pros
Free lunch every month.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, management didn’t really help.
Coworkers and environment great supervisors different story
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCSeptember 10, 2018
The environment at Gerber is great. As a picker/packer you will work with many wonderful women in the area. The job is your typical warehouse picker just b where you use a rf scanner and drive a pallet jack. Sometimes the supervisors have unreal expectations of their workers.
Productive job
Shipping Lead Person/Shipping Clerk trainer (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 14, 2018
I started out as a temp and months later, became a full time employee as a shipping clerk. With a lot of hard work, became a lead with good pay. It can be stressful, but with team work, it can be done.
Friendly, outgoing caring
Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 2, 2018
Gerber childrenswear LLC., is a great place to work. Great team players to work with. I learned hard skills such as technical skills and soft skills include personal qualities such as being responsible, being dependable, being a self-starter, and having a positive self-esteem,
Excellent and understanding management. There is nothing hardest part of the job, since I learned to manage the issues. Most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with vendors, freight forwarders and brokers. As all ways they were great team players as well.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
Handling hard copies of the documents
Lots of down time. Very slow and boring job.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2018
This job paid well for a temporary position, but there was not much work to keep me busy. I had a lot of down time and it became very frustrating to come to work. However, the management is very understanding and personable. I loved the company culture and people. Just not something I could handle doing for the long-term.
Pros
Free breakfast Fridays
Cons
Slow and not enough work to keep busy.
Productive and great employees and employers
Clamp Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCApril 10, 2018
I learned certain ways to unload trucks that are tightly squeezed in, when it is time for lunch you are able to leave premises to get food but they also have food trucks that come bout 3 times a week
Pros
The company feed us sometimes
Cons
Breaks too short
very productive
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Jedburg, SCMarch 9, 2018
This was the perfect job for me. Fast paced and working individually.The coworkers were great and management was great at times and other times very rude.Over all a great place to work.
Pros
make great aquaintances
Cons
Fast pace and often long hours
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCDecember 14, 2017
Can often get real busy which may cause long hours.I feel that they don't offer enough holiday days off. The environment can get a little to hot and a bit to cold,but overall it a good place to work.
loved working there
Receptionist Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCDecember 2, 2017
fast paced
after 28 years you had to love it.
great team
versified
production was very stressful on some days.
It fed my children for 28 years if you was hired for this company . you learned good work ethics.
Pros
you learned values
Cons
no cons that i can think of
Highly complex job with no growth
SS (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 14, 2017
The workplace culture is not nourishing. The complexity of the position is not matched in compensation. The company does not cater to the younger generation.
Pros
Lunch on Mondays, Breakfast on Fridays, Off at 3:30 on Fridays, Paid Holidays, Pto, End of year bonus
Cons
no advancement, not being compensated for the complexity of the position
Stressful learning ground with no opportunity to advance
Vice President of Ops and Supply Chain Planning (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 21, 2017
Challenging retail environment with dated systems and processes coupled with an unwillingness to try new things along with no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Breakfast Mondays, Lunch Fridays
Cons
Stressful, no opportunity to advance
Fun place to work
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, ALMarch 15, 2017
I learned management skills. I learned what goes into making sure how important the quality of the garments are for the babies. I met a lot of great people. I learned great management skills.
Pros
making friends, learning management skills
Cons
hot in the summer, cold in the winter
Challenging & Stable Position
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 1, 2016
I've grown professionally and personally working with this company. This job is not in the field I have a degree in, so it has challenged and refined me tremendously.
Small office but really enjoyed it
Office Manager/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILApril 27, 2016
Two person office -- learned how to work on Walmart's website in retrieving searches, etc. learned about Walmart and its workings and how it affected the sale of onesies on a national level. Learned a lot about inventory controls and specials!
Pros
Free lunches and coffee
Cons
two person office - if one was travelling then the other was alone
Owners cared about their employees
Packager (Former Employee) –  Ballinger, TXApril 2, 2013
There were over three hundred employees at this business but the owners really cared about all of us. I learned patience and hard work paid off.
Pros
healthcare and benefits were great
Cons
the business closed down and went to mexico