Gerber Childrenswear, Inc

Gerber Childrenswear, Inc Employee Reviews

United States37 reviews
As with a lot of companies, the business aspect of companies has changed dramatically. It somehow feels like they care more about the business than they do about the people that create the business.
Pros
Baby clothing sales m, health care
Cons
Less days off, no match 401K
Management does not have your back.you work like a manager because your manager is never around when you need them human resources needs to do better. Human resources puts personal feelings over handling business. Very unprofessional consept of employment
Upper management sucks and you can’t Trust them and they always find fault in what you’re doing but nothing that they are doing wrong .All the good people that can help them they get them out
Pros
it could be a great place to work
Cons
Senior management weak and lier
Respectful staff and very well organized asap business. I would refer anybody to this job, and appreciate the opportunity i got to be apart of their staff
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
It's a great, easy and fun job. Just to many messy people, that doesn't want to see many succeed. You got great hours, rather if it was morning ( 1st shift) or Evening (2nd Shift). You worked 12 hours, 3 breaks, and great pay.
If you are looking to advance, do not work here. The long hours, and the inconsistency from day to day make the job difficult. Management is all job scared, and it trickles down to the employees. There are more distributions with higher pay in the area, and those are definitely worth a look first. No formal training, procedures, or policies in place.
Gerber acquired the company that I worked for with the intention of expanding their brand identity. Instead, what they really did was eliminate their previous competitor (which was us) for good.
Management ruled by fear with a do as I say attitude. Could be a great place to work if the managers cared about the employees. The pay was decent and benefits not to bad.
It's not hard work at all . It's not to much physical work.but it can get really hot in the building. I do work with a good team. MyTeam leader & supervisor are good people to work for. if you're unsure about something they are very helpful & knowledgeable. And don't mind helping out.
If you are an hourly associate this doesn’t apply to you as much. For managerial candidates I would highly encourage you not to join the Gerber team. There is little accountability, no one likes being at the facility because you are job scared. It’s ridiculous that any facility can operate like this.
I love the work that I perform at Gerberchildrenswear. They're some beautifully spirited individuals here at Gerberchildrenswear. The pay is great,don't get me wrong it's definitely hot in there.Gerberchildrenswear shows their appreciation by filling our bellies once a month.
Pros
Great people, pay, and benefits.
Cons
It's just hot.
The turnover rate at this facility is high.
Security there is a joke

Sometimes I work 10hs some less than 8hrs due to not having work at times.

I feel you are overworked and underpaid since working here I've seen people come and go within a week.
Pros
Hands on lunch
Cons
Short breaks
I was a receiving put away person on the fork live I feel that when I put the palace up scanned him and location some one came behind me and took the palace now then they couldn't find on I was terminated because somebody else move into pallets on day shift and not night shift
Set the sleeves into the babies onesies for eight years than I sewed baby towels I sew the hood on the towel and the band around it. Working at Gerber was a great place to work the people was great it was more like a family than a work place the management was fair they work us but they treated us fair .
This is not a place where you wanna work. its like the wild wild west there with poor management. long hours lots of weekends. please find another job
Pros
food truck
Cons
everything else
You don't want to work there. Its like the wild west. Not organized and be prepared to work a lot of hours. No work life balance. If they don't fix ALL the issues they have this building might close down
Gerber overall is an nice company to work for. A typical day at Gerber will run smoothly if all the products is present. I learned that you have a certain amount of time to have the products out and make they are correct.
The job is a good job, just make sure you dress accordingly. The hours are fair. The pay is okay. Help is available and not many attitudes. You recieve breaks and may buy canteen. Overall a good job.
Pros
Fair breaks, Canteen, Storage lockers, Casual dress attire
Cons
Pay is okay, you have to keep up with your own time, hours are fine
This place is no place to work, long hours for no reason , prejudice management/ supervisors, will tell you one wage but give you a different pay and drug deals! This place needs investigated.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Gerber is fast pace and have to meet goals due to receiving and shipping product. Over all its a great place to work. Being at gerber gives you room for improvement.
They will work you hard until they no longer need you and then you’re fired. It’s a bad set up 10 hour shifts short breaks and normally when it’s busy 6 days a week. Overtime wasn’t all that great either.
Pros
Free lunch every month.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, management didn’t really help.