Gerber Collision & Glass Employee Reviews

Highly stressful environment.
Collision Estimator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2018
Stress every day and yelling and screaming going on also. High turnover of employees. Generally most people are not happy there. It's a big company that lost focus on the workers they hired.
Pros
Fair amount of work.
Cons
The insurance companies run the shop.
It’s ok
Estimator (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 1, 2018
Good company with a room for advancement. Horrible market manager makes life miserable. Could be such a better place to work. Focus too much on little things that don’t need to be done.
Cons
Market Manager
Difficult for them to keep employees
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLOctober 22, 2018
They had a rediculious turnover. I had 3 different managers in the 2 years I worked there. Quite a bit of the time we were unsupervised and it made for a very difficult work environment.
It's a body shop.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 17, 2018
After agreeing on flag hours, it was common to be shorted. You had to fight for pay promised. They usually tried to stiff you on 30% of the pay you're owed. Manager was rarely in the building. Writers were lazy. Feast or famine for work. Expected to do unpaid work.
Pros
Body work is cool and fun
Cons
Just felt like giving my opinion
Body tech (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 10, 2018
I was also with the other company when gerber bought them out, and I am also still currently employed with this company and will hopefully remain employed with this company for many years to come. With my new employers I was offered insurance packages (to which they offered to pay a portion for me, thank you gerber), free 15'000.00 life insurance policy just to log my name into the computer, other optional life insurance policies, dental, vision,401k, the works. They have updated some of the equipment such as 3 new paint booths, two new welding machines (miller 211's), a pro spot welder (welds aluminum, stainless steal, and brazes), a pro spot I-4 spot welder, plus a bunch more of individual tools around the shop. They are also currently looking at updating the frame equipment and even looking into changing the light fixtures over to led. When they bought our company they completely redid the office. plus I have been given I-car training at no cost to me. So unlike the other person whom left a comment (to which I would like to think no longer works with us) my experience is much different. Now I am not saying that there haven't been any setbacks here and there but they have been for the better of the shop as a whole and I am happy to remain an employee of gerber Lafayette Louisiana. Plus they have just opened up a new location in Lafayette so hopefully that means more opportunities for other technicians and office personal such as myself to join our team. Once again thank you gerber for taking care of us.
Very sad place
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 10, 2018
Everyone is so focused on gossip rather than answering phone calls. even the call center manager gossips and is in everyones personal matters. she doesnt care if you have kids, or any personal matters when it comes to missing a day or coming in an hour late
Pros
food
Cons
everything
A fun working environment that was slow at times
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 9, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with people who were a joy to be around and was somewhat slow-paced at times with the hardest part being that it was sometimes hard to stay busy
Professional workplace, good at finding good fit for employees
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 5, 2018
I have worked for Gerber Collision and Glass for several years and have seen management consistently go above and beyond to satisfy their employees as well as their customers.
Would work there.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2018
Gerber is a number company. They dont care about there employees. They also dont care about the quality of work. If you dont make your budget which they set way to high your job is on the line. And Joe moraleis trouble to work for who runs Colorado. Alls Gerber wants is for upper management to bonus and screw all of the smaller employees under them. Gerber is a horrible company.
Cons
Friendly, fun place to work, good communication within all the employees
Customer Care Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Elgin, ILOctober 1, 2018
Friendly, fun place to work, good communication within all the employees. Great training skills available. Room for advancement within 3 months. Fair company.
Worst place to work!!
Painter (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg IllinoisSeptember 29, 2018
Ive been a painter for 24 years and gerber is the worst place ive ever worked at .worst manager he didnt know what he was doing ,all they care about is the bonus at the end of rhe month they dont care about the quality of work that is done on customer cars only how fast they can get it out.and then they screw you with your pay.
Cons
Pay sucks
Great place to work for
Painter (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Love the place don’t care for the manager. A lot of great people and everyone is willing to help each other. I would totally recommend this place my only issue is the manager.
Pros
Close to home and great pay
Cons
Current manager is no good
Not recommended
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  MainevilleAugust 31, 2018
Was lied to repeatedly smile and be nice to my face and stab me in the back as i walk away most employees complained about the place the whole time i was there company won't buy anything for the business. More concerned on buying more places insted of fixing the ones they have low paying business for employees dealerships pay more for techs. Dont waist your time
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Good workplace
Automotive Detailer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2018
Good place , good company just the management wasn’t all there . If co-workers has more communication with one another work would’ve been better......
Gerber is a great company to work for.
Vehicle Damage Estimator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 28, 2018
I received life changing training with Gerber. I wish there was a Gerber near me I'd go back in a heartbeat. They have good benefits. It feels like a team. They have a production meeting every morning to make sure everything is on track. I was lucky to have worked with some excellent technicians which makes a big difference in the culture of the shop.
Nice shop to wor for if you don’t mind favoritism
auto body technition (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 26, 2018
Manager doesn’t assign work bassed on your strengths to get best results and there are to many politics to be a favorite otherwise this could be a great plac to work
Pros
Nicely equipped shop and good benefits
Cons
Poor assignment of work
Terrible place to work unless your management then ok
Patient mentor, trainer (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 14, 2018
Meeting in the am to set the day but 45 min after meeting we need this ahead of that so stop on that to do this then a hour later no this is number one forget everything else so you do then they ask why is nothing done!! People who have never and could never are telling you how to maximize you time in the day but all they do is screw up everything. They have been making a effort to get the techs the base equipment they need like bumper stands parts carts etc but only when it is so needed it damages production.quality has almost no place here they will put people in a position they have never done with no training and say your turn even if they can cause harm to the customers car . All that said if you are very fast lower quality driven this place is great if you take pride in your work not so much.
Pros
Great for management
Cons
if you work on the car avoid it
Would not recommend
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Maineville, OHAugust 13, 2018
All positions are the same. NO GOOD would not recommend for any type employee. Management is the worst i have ever had no body knows what to do or how to help you everyone just wings it would be a good place to start a bodyshop they are very special bodymen and painters. They run the shop not management
Estimators are incompetent and lazy and nothing is there fault .no one follows the rules
Pros
Cons
No one cares
They deliver what they promise
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2018
Out of the companies that I work for this is the only one that actually meet their promise. They mentor the employee to ensure they learn from their mistakes.
Pros
Up front company you can trust that if they are offering you cometing, You will get it.
Cons
Commute time is horrible.
Good money, no support
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 12, 2018
I was able to get my foot in the door pending a move to the area. Training was haphazard at best. Waited at least 3 weeks for login and email. Never got any business cards (red flag?) after 60 days had to repeatedly ask about uniforms. Supplied my own camera,. Was never given any kind of review or feedback in 6 months unless I specifically asked were I needed to improve. Manager was a good office manager, but didn't have a clue how to manage jobs in the shop. Scheduling was never consistent. Never really felt like I was part of the team, always felt like an outsider.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Chaos everywhere, No clear flow inconsistency between upper and middle management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gerber Collision & Glass. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6