Gerber Collision & Glass Employee Reviews

Stressful yet rewarding environment
Painter/ Prep. (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAFebruary 7, 2019
Company was a solid place, i had bad experiences with managers who eneded up removed, but its a high risk high reward job if you have the time and dedication to give to the job. technicians and helpers have always been great people, front end offices and management tend to but heads with shop employees but over all a solid company if you can leave your outside issues at the door
bodyshop manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 3, 2019
Check in vehicle of customer and answer any questions from them. Assign labor to technician. Order parts that need replacement.Negotiate with insurance companies. Quality control
Producive and fun work place
Detailer tech (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Good work place professional friendly and clean good team members quality and time efficient company good location nice work environment good team members professional people
Pros
Good company
Cons
Turnover rate is high
Do Not Work Here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 23, 2019
Some of the people that work for Gerber are cool, but the management at the Elkhart location is not a very good. He likes to play favoritism. I would definitely not recommend working here, at least at the Elkhart location.
Gerber collision
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Not the greatest nor the worst. Usually steady work but can become very stressful quickly and depending on management there is always a possibility of dealing with "office politics".
Do not work here
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILJanuary 4, 2019
This job is very stressful and the management sucks. The shops are very unorganized and you will get blamed for everything. This a very fascist company as well I was never welcomed in any shop I always had to learn everything on my own.
Pros
Having an job
Cons
Terrible company
always something to do that needed done yesterday
Portal, Parts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLDecember 21, 2018
work work work work work work work constantly pounded
your work is never good enough and everthing you do you could have done better always room for improvments
Pros
free coffee in office if manager isn't there
Cons
breaks, healthcare cost to much
Worst place ever
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 15, 2018
Real modern day slavery no chance of excelling in the company at all management horrible especially the one in Kennesaw there real crooks and do a lot of illegal stuff on people cars just to get paid higher the whole shop except a few are very racist
Great company and location
Lead Body technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 13, 2018
Great company to work work for I have worked at a few locations and enjoyed them all. Now also if your not money hungry and wanting to make great money then it’s not recommended for you. I always have enough work or more than enough. Manager is great the staff works as a team/family. They never questioned my rates when started and being a younger body tech they never questioned my knowledge. Very relaxed hours and not a lot of stress. People may want to put down gerber for being a corporate body shop but I have worked at a few other companies. But gerber by far has been the best. I will always recommend them for collision repair. And will always recommend them for employement.
Pros
Great staff, great management, always have work, fast passes but stress free
Cons
No paid sick days, and had to get used to the bi weekly pay.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHDecember 6, 2018
Enjoyable experience. I would work there again if the opportunity presented itself. Good people, great work ethic throughout. All and all a good business.
Stressful
Production Manager/Transition Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 2, 2018
Very stressful environment. Constantly changing rules and guidelines for no apparent reason. Company about chasing the dollar and less about the employees. Felt as if you were just another number in corporate America
Pros
Cons
Alot
Active and social work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 27, 2018
Fun team work and lots to learn about vehicles and how they go together. Opportunities to learn more about car insurance and collisions. Great time for anyone looking to expand their knowledge about the world of collision repair.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, paid holidays, closed on Sundays
Cons
Fixed pay, no sick leave
Place sucks balls
Paint Prep (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 21, 2018
Worst place I've ever worked out. They have no I Dia how to run a body shop or they don't know how to do very good production management as well as sending cars to the paint shop in a reasonable fashion
Cons
Boss sucks
Solid Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 15, 2018
Gerber has good compensation and benefits. Very well structured and offers opportunities to not just advance but earn more compensation.I would recommend anyone to work for them.
Pros
Compensation and Opportunity
Ok
Office manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 8, 2018
Fast pace lots of responsibility . Customer service a must. Good communication skills a must. Benefits are fair but could be better. Pay and advancement could be better
Highly stressful environment.
Collision Estimator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2018
Stress every day and yelling and screaming going on also. High turnover of employees. Generally most people are not happy there. It's a big company that lost focus on the workers they hired.
Pros
Fair amount of work.
Cons
The insurance companies run the shop.
It’s ok
Estimator (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 1, 2018
Good company with a room for advancement. Horrible market manager makes life miserable. Could be such a better place to work. Focus too much on little things that don’t need to be done.
Cons
Market Manager
Difficult for them to keep employees
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLOctober 22, 2018
They had a rediculious turnover. I had 3 different managers in the 2 years I worked there. Quite a bit of the time we were unsupervised and it made for a very difficult work environment.
It's a body shop.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 17, 2018
After agreeing on flag hours, it was common to be shorted. You had to fight for pay promised. They usually tried to stiff you on 30% of the pay you're owed. Manager was rarely in the building. Writers were lazy. Feast or famine for work. Expected to do unpaid work.
Pros
Body work is cool and fun
Cons
Just felt like giving my opinion
Body tech (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 10, 2018
I was also with the other company when gerber bought them out, and I am also still currently employed with this company and will hopefully remain employed with this company for many years to come. With my new employers I was offered insurance packages (to which they offered to pay a portion for me, thank you gerber), free 15'000.00 life insurance policy just to log my name into the computer, other optional life insurance policies, dental, vision,401k, the works. They have updated some of the equipment such as 3 new paint booths, two new welding machines (miller 211's), a pro spot welder (welds aluminum, stainless steal, and brazes), a pro spot I-4 spot welder, plus a bunch more of individual tools around the shop. They are also currently looking at updating the frame equipment and even looking into changing the light fixtures over to led. When they bought our company they completely redid the office. plus I have been given I-car training at no cost to me. So unlike the other person whom left a comment (to which I would like to think no longer works with us) my experience is much different. Now I am not saying that there haven't been any setbacks here and there but they have been for the better of the shop as a whole and I am happy to remain an employee of gerber Lafayette Louisiana. Plus they have just opened up a new location in Lafayette so hopefully that means more opportunities for other technicians and office personal such as myself to join our team. Once again thank you gerber for taking care of us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gerber Collision & Glass. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7