Germain Motor Company Employee Reviews

Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 5, 2018
Working at Germain Motor company is an adventure in itself. You never know who you are going to run into, from the average Joe to a celebrity. They recognize your talents and puts them to work. the management team is the best in the industry. Everyone is eager to help as a team, you'll never find anyone that's not a team player. The hardest part of the job is finding the time to get the work done but it's the most enjoyable part too.
Pros
The comerarity between the employees
Cons
the craziness of the season
Training
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 26, 2018
PoorTraining. Some people are not.qualified to train others..As a new hire do was NOT given a fair amount of time based on job discription. Time spent on training was weak. Wasted time was obvious.
Pros
Good work schedule
Cons
Favoritism
Management is a mess. No hours
body tech (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek ohioDecember 31, 2017
I was brought in for a job in the body shop along with another guy.They were not set up for us at all.the guys working there told us they weren't getting any hours , one guy quit right off the bat.Getting parts was a mess.and they were right there wasn't enough hours every week for everyone.We were promised $50k a year and a $5000 sign on bonus and that was a lie.when it came time the bonus magically didnt have a set price and it would be a trickle bonus if at all. And I definitely wasn't making $50k a year. I was lucky to get 20 hours in for the week. The point is don't fall for the lies working there sucks. The other body techs were cool but that don't pay the bills
Pros
They bought lunch once in a while.
Cons
Inexperienced management
Overall Germain Toyota has been a great learning experience for me and it has been a awesome place to work.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2017
Love working for this company, the people are great, everyday is a new day for me. choosing this dealership was very easy for me , everybody has been genuine from day 1 and I love my job
Pros
Free lunch, Flexible schedule, Great people
Cons
Long hours sometimes, Have to work on saturdays
fun work place, great team environment
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 25, 2017
This company is top notch. Great leadership, high on promoting within and more than willing to give you the training and tool to excel at your position. No doubt the best dealer group I and many of my colleagues have ever worked for.
Fast paced work environment with opportunity to make good money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 12, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of calling previous customers that didn't purchase a vehicle and reschedule an appointment. Schedule appointments to set up your week for success. I learned a lot of valuable life skills working here. I also learned some very successful selling and closing techniques. The hardest part about this job is the long hours and keeping a positive mental attitude. Almost all of my fellow associates were good, upbeat people and that's what made the job some what enjoyable.
Pros
Catered lunch on Saturday
Cons
Long work hours
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2017
Family owned, growing company that understands the benefit of providing a work/life for their employees. Company's Core Values and Mission Statement provide an easy way to know what is expected of you in any given situation.
Horrible service department to work in
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 27, 2016
They'll lie to you, tell you exactly what you want to hear to get you in the door and promise you the world. Don't fall for it!

The upper management here does not care about anything but lining their pockets even more and helping out the "chosen few" technicians.

You'll be fed horrible work, mostly the bad warranty stuff no one else wants, after being told you can easily make 70-80 hours a week as a flat rate technician, when in reality it's a struggle to get 40-50 hours a week the way the work is handed out.

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere if you're an automotive technician!
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday once in a while, weekly pay
Cons
Disrespectful and unprofessional management, all the good work goes to a few select guys, bad hours, no training, the list goes on and on.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 22, 2016
It was a great job in the beginning, weekly pay, benefits, easy. After a few months in I understood why that position had such a high overturn rate, the management. The management is unprofessional and outrageous. It felt like being in high school again. Higher management knows of the problem but refuses to do anything about it.
Pros
paid lunches, weekly pay
Cons
management
Terrible Place To Work As A Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  ServiceOctober 10, 2016
If you plan on working here to make a living, look elsewhere!!!!!! They will make all kinds of promises to get you in the door working and the treat you terribly! If your thinking of being a flat rate tech here, DON'T!! Unless you like standing around for hours watching favored people get all the work.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid, underworked, unappreciated
Growing company with mediocre management and lack of accountability
Departmental Management (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 20, 2016
A mid-size dealership group that falls short in ethical and empowering leadership, lacks accountability and diversity, while maintaining a lost presence and falling behind in a wildly changing industry.
Nice place to sell cars.
Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Naples, FloridaOctober 28, 2015
Nice dealership to sell cars in beautiful sunny Naples Florida. Good Management, great employees and reasonable hours for car sales.
Benefits are really good - pay plan average - job security good.
Dealership environment and employees above average. No Sunday hours and lunch provided on Saturday - awesome. Went out of my way to set this account up to write this review because the dealership is truly 4 and 5 stars.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Benefits above average - pay plan just average
Great temporary position
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHOctober 5, 2015
I entered this position thinking that it would be one that I would last at needless to say... I was wrong.. I worked for Germain Ford all of a month and a half. The entire time I was there the turnover rate was extremely high and it was not because of the pay but it was because of the lack or management. There was no general manager and the managers in charge treated employees with disrespect, from name calling to much more. When I was hired I was told I would work specific hours and once I accepted the job I was told I would have to stay later some nights I left at 10pm it was a repeat of retail which is what I was trying to avoid again. At least in retail I was a manager making my own hours getting paid more. This position Made me miss my retail life the other receptionist worked 7am-4am everyday while I was stuck 11am-? Once I turned my two weeks in I was offered a 7am-4pm position but I was just over it by that point. I did not make it through my two weeks because management made the work environment miserable. I was called names by upper management and more, if that's what I wanted I could have just gone into the military with better pay, good benefits and more. HR does nothing even if you report issues I reported issues to my supervisor... She blew it off. She worked 8am-5pm four days a week....Really cushy life right.. I did not NEED the job so I just left. If you like indecisive lazy confused management this is your dream job. I luckily knew there was better opportunities for me so I left I did not receive a degree to be talked down to by non experienced managers with  more... lack of education who could care less about their employees. There were ALWAYS customer complaints about the service department, and the service department NEVER answered their phones or returned calls except for maybe two out of 4 advisors. We were scolded for paging them multiple times over the intercoms or for keeping guest on hold...but what can you do when they will not answer and a customer will not leave a voicemail? Salesmen were always upset about their money for car sales not being on their check properly because of the fact that upper management did not do their job in turning in the information to payroll on time. I absolutely hated working for this company I went back to my old job because it was not worth the hassle before I left four cashiers had put in their two weeks notices all at the same time I knew I had to go too, I am very happy with my choice if this place had experienced management it would be a great place to work.  less
Pros
Weekly pay, great salesmen
Cons
Disrespectful management, unprofessional management, inexperienced management, hour
Fantastic opportunity if you're willing to put in the work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 1, 2015
Like any sales job, the more you put in the more you'll get out of it. Between the people walking onto the lot and the people you set appointments with, there should be no shortage of things to do. There is even an entire department specifically geared towards setting appointments and getting client information to help you sell.

The management made it clear to me from day one what the expectations were and training started immediately. One of my coworkers has been here only two weeks and he's already closed a few deals. The training is on going and the other salespeople have the integrity not to vulture from one other. Its a total team effort. In fact, your co-workers are going to be your best resource. They are incredibly friendly and always willing to help.

The best part is pretty much being in total control of your income. The more you grind, the more sales you make, the bigger the check is. If your typical work day is mainly surfing the net, you're clearly not putting in the time to prospect leads and touch base with your clientele.
Pros
income potential, laid back atmosphere, great training
Internet Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FlSeptember 1, 2015
A typical day at work
It's a pretty busy dealership. Time goes pretty fast when you are constantly working.

What I've learned.
A lot actually, I started in the Auto Industry here and I've been trained by our management. Every day they teach us something new. Even the General Manager takes part to unsure that everyone is growing.

Management.
They are pretty responsive and are there to help. The managers here have been in the industry for a while and share their experiences with us which has helped me quite a bit to grow. They aren't scary or threatening.

Coworkers.
It's a friendly atmosphere. Everyone helps each other, it's not cutthroat like the movies tend to make it seem. We help each other here and we all grow together.

The hardest part of the job.
Breaking out of your comfort zone. Even introverts can survive here once you become more accustom to working with people.

The most enjoyable part of the job.
To me this came after I broke out of my shell. Working with people all walks of life and talking to them about cars. It's really an interesting job that you really will not be bored with.

I started in this industry as a BDR, I grew with the company and recommend it to all who are interested in cars and making money. It's got ups and downs just like any other industry, however the highs always outweigh the lows.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays, health plans, on going training
Cons
Closed on Sundays
I would think twice at about a Sales Job at Germain
Sales (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 22, 2015
-Typical Work Day (Surf the web, go get breakfast, and hope that you'll be lucky enough to even get to speak with a potential buyer.
- Germain in many markets have tarnished their reputation due to the adjust market value added to their cars. Better value is found at auto nation, but not a better experience.
- Not to mention almost each dealership Germain owns has some old timer also doing sales that is a personal friends of Bob Germain, these guys are handed nearly all the Online Traffic and Referrals. I can sell, as any sales man can buy judging buying signs. These old timers are handed sales, often don't even leave their desk. While the young guys have to play a rotating chairs game of would can sit at the front door with 25-30 other guys of who ever get there first.

-Advice to MANAGEMENT, don't lie to recruit salesman. Down size your sales team, no one is lazy that I worked with. Just too many cooks in the kitchen for one bowl of soup to be sold.
Pros
Freedom to walk around that is it.
Cons
Hours, Leads, Management telling you to just call some, I tell you Germain's Re-Cycled Leads are of the lowest grade.
Dynamic Workplace
Back Office Support & Lot Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2012
Great management team and prospects to grow withing organization.