GERMANIA INSURANCE Employee Reviews

Very poor management and culture is negative. .
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJuly 10, 2019
Constant turnover, lack of trust and respect, shifting priorities, CEO is one of the worst leaders I've ever seen and the Head of HR is a lying snake. Stressful energy permeates the place. Would not recommend.
Employee Recognition
SR. PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJuly 1, 2019
Germania shares corporate and strategic information via quarterly employee meetings.
Germania recognizes employees with lunches, events and opportunities for families to participate.
Great place to learn a lot!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXMay 20, 2019
Germania allows for tremendous learning opportunities. The c-level team values their employees and are very accessible and open minded. It is a very family oriented company.
Great place to work!
Print & Mail Center Processor (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Germania is a great place to work. They are family oriented with understanding bosses. There is great vacation and sick time as well as great benefits. There is a 401 k and great company parties and functions. Its a wonderful group of people to work beside every day.
Pros
Drinks in the breakroom, and tampons in the bathroom!
Cons
Cant think of any
Generally speaking, a good place to work.
Business/Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Generally speaking, my earlier years were much more interesting as I learned a lot about the industry, honed my analytical and work-life skills there. Over the past 5-years, a slow culture change, some dictated by the competitiveness of the business, forced some of these changes on the company.

Workplace culture has always had a family first focus and without a doubt, this was the most rewarding aspect of my time with this company. Management was generally easy to talk with and did encourage open and frank discussion when dealing with business decisions.

I would still recommend this company but each individual should expect to keep an open mind to other opportunities if they come from outside the company.
Pros
Family focused, good benefits, vacation/personal time.
Cons
No pension plan for new hires. Employee training needs more work.
good place
Office 365 Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Good place to work at,fast paced ,enjoyed working with children management was easy to talk to.would go in the morning and prepare meals for the children in center. Ordered all the food supplies that were needed.
Great place to work!
Field Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TX 77833September 25, 2018
Great company and culture of helping one another. Excellent hands on management team. Employees are treated with respect and trust. I've always enjoyed cooperation and enthusiasm from everyone from HR thru upper echelon management. I think Germania is a top notch work place.
Pros
Relaxed and team inclusive environment
Cons
Can't name one
Cool place
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXSeptember 13, 2018
This is a nice place to work. Great people that make you feel welcome on the first day, and also the work productivity is great compared to other companies.
Germania
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXAugust 15, 2018
Germania is a great family friendly company. Germania taught me everything I know about the insurance business. I left Germania b/c of relocation for my husbands job.
Pros
breaks, great benefits
Cons
salary not competitive with industry standards
Guide Wire Implementation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2018
Healthy workplace good work culture, nice environment to work and team is good and it is very convenient to new people to adopt quickly this system and I will recommend this company to the my friends and
experience
OWNER Information Technology Solutions L.L.C (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Excellent work environment.
excellent management.
Friendly work place.
Easy to provided service to the customer due to they were all in one building.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No team meetings scheduled
Good place to work in general.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJune 14, 2018
Task varied with some flexibility based on need for the data.
Working with other departments was a great experience in learning the business of property and casualty insurance.
Good challenges.
While the overall family life/work life balance was great, over time, this seemed to diminish with changes in management, particularly with the changes in HR.
Enjoyed working with some very talented people who, unfortunately, should have been compensated more for their skills and abilities to get the job done in very trying situations.
Very blessed to have worked with a great group of people.
Pros
Company quarterly employee appreciation luncheons, annual holiday party. Good, committed people to getting the job done. Customer focused.
Cons
Less likely to seek advise of seasoned veterans, HR changes made employees feel less appreciated.
Good company with nice benefits
Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXApril 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Germania as a field adjuster. They have competitive pay and good benefits. You get plenty of vacation time. You work at your own pace.
Pros
Competitive pay, good benefits
Cons
On the road during storm season
Summary
Senior Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXMarch 1, 2018
My territory was from the Oklahoma border to thirty miles south of Austin. To make the required number of sales calls, I often had to travel the entire week, sometimes including weekends. They have taken on new management that is changing the culture of this once family oriented organization. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships that I developed with my territory agencies. Every day was different-- auditing, training, partnering with mortgage and realtors, prospecting new offices.
Ping Pong included
Senior Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Ping Pong included. Free lunches included. Opportunity for advancement. At times stressful. Good work / life balance. It would be a good opportunity for the right person at the right time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stress
they are attempting to grow and restructure
Casualty Claims Adjuster Level II / Personal Lines (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXOctober 24, 2017
they are trying to fast pace like the larger insurance companies however they do not have the staff or knowledge at this time to do so. They tried to initiate six sigma without knowledge of how it truly works.
Pros
local
Cons
management knowledge, they are quick to cut employees and create fires
Farm Mutual Company over 100 years old
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXOctober 3, 2017
While there is definitely job security and great benefits, when it comes to marketing, the management is hesitant to take on new strategies that align with current marketing and design trends. This is also partly due to the majority of their business being rural individuals. Many of the higher up employees have been there for decades so it is difficult to implement any fresh concepts.
Pros
great benefits
Micro Managed and HORRIBLE human resources department
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXAugust 8, 2017
This company is all about who you know. The managers micro manage everyone, the new human resources manager is a horrible person, They all cover up the managers lies. They claim to be family oriented but they are far from it. This has been the worst place I have ever worked and more than a few people agree with that statement.
Good Small Insurance Company
Senior Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2017
Extremely busy work day requires excellent time management skills, and for you to be resourceful. Based on Company size it has a great culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
Productive enivironment to learn and enhance skills
Business Analyst &Tester for Germania applications (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 5, 2017
I like working in my company, friendly environment best place to learn knowledge. Boost up my skills with my work try some new work by updating myself. A best school for me to learn, work, develop in all areas.