Gerson Lehrman Group Employee Reviews

Served as a Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
Was a great experience for me to connect with those who needed my IP. The only negative was that I did receive some requests for jobs that were outside of my scope of expertise.
Convenient Supplemental Income
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
This is basically an as needed, as requested position for consultant work based on your extensive knowledge in a specific market or industry. Pay is based on your expertise and experience and is by the hour
Service as Excellent Resource
Council Member - Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2018
Excellent Organization to utilize my knowledge and skills within the healthcare industry , particularly with a focus on evolving managed care market opportunities
Pros
independence, accept assignments following knowledge and experience
Cons
Irregular consulting opportunities
part time consulting
Financial Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 19, 2018
They reach out occasionally if their clients have questions in the banking industry, in South Florida. Most of their inquiries have had to do with auto payment software, which is not my field of expertise.
Pros
Nice hourly rate
Cons
too seldom
GLG connects council members to consult with companies around the world.
Council Member (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 9, 2018
The company connects me to various health care companies around the world on health care topics including but not limited to pricing, operation and/or regulatory requirements, market trends, competitiveness of market entrance, business viability and local players.
Pros
The job provides excellent flexibility and selection of time and consulting calls, ability to work virtually and talk to top professional in diffrent parts of the world.
Cons
The contracted consulting job does not provide stable income, calls vary on market or regulatory changes, there is no benefit, administrative time is not compensated.
Nice hard working job
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2018
GLG is a good place to be, nice benefits, I get to work on my own with some supervision from my manager. I enjoy that there is opportunity to move up within the company.
Pros
Pto, benefits, full time
Cons
Middle day work hours made it slightly hard to run errands during the week
Okay for a first job
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 22, 2018
GLG is a good place for liberal arts students to get their foot in the door of the business world, make a livable wage, and develop professional skills. After that, get out and find something else to do.
Cons
poor work life balance, extremely long hours, poorly trained managers, little autonomy
Overall Review
eSports Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Good Communication from the company, plenty of opportunities for additional work and engagement with the broader company. Interesting client engagements.
Great Company
Junior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2018
If you want to work hard and fast Gerson Lehrman Group will provide you excellent opportunities for advancement and growth. Nothing at GLG is easy, however, someone will always have your back.
Lots of noise amidst big changes
Associate VP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2018
GLG is a reasonable place to pass time if you just want a job and you just want to get paid. However, this is not a place you should go if you want growth, or if you want to bolster your marketability outside of GLG.
Pros
free coffee and food
Cons
virtually no growth, limited career trajectory
College for Young Professionals
Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2018
GLG is a great opportunity for those who are early on in there career and want to pad their resume. Be ready to sacrifice work life balance-- you will be expected to work nights and weekends. The culture is changing rapidly all of the time. Be ready and willing to adapt to change and often. Experiences tend to vary depending on who your manager is. I was lucky for the most part. Other were not. There is a diversity problem but HR and Hiring is "working on it". Work can be monotonous and boring but the compensation is pretty good for Austin, Texas. This is not a long term job for most people. Most stay for 18 months to 2 years and then move on to something else.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, beautiful office space in downtown Austin, coworkers are awesome
Cons
no work-life balance, monotonous work, constantly changing culture
Research Manager review
Research Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2018
Pro's:
Easy to be entrepreneurial
Great for networking

Cons:
In my experience, management and job culture has been poor, but this is inconsistent across the company as teams tend to operate in siloes
At its core, the research manager role is repetitive and requires a competitive spirit to be successful
Lack of Management
Senior Research Associate, Private Equity (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2018
Great place to grow your career, but the management has no idea what they're doing most of the time. They often say "try 50 things and 5 of them will stick" which isn't how a business should be run.
Pros
Lunch on Tuesdays, but that'll likely be eliminated with new budgets
Cons
No work life balance, I work every night.
Independent Consultant
Independent Clinical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clinical ConsultantMarch 22, 2018
This was a great opportunity to use my clinical expertise. I have not find another company that rely on your opinion and allow you to explain your opinion to the clients with such trust in your ability to to delivery .
Pros
open communication
Cons
not enough contrated worked.
No Summary
Senior Advisory Consultant (Former Employee) –  ANYWHEREMarch 20, 2018
No summary is applicable to this advisory position with intermittent work for various companies across multiple industries. There was no 'employment' or consistent schedule, no set hours, etc.
Its fine
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
Its fine. I don't like the industry but if you are interested in it, or generally want to work in a corporate entity/pursue a career in finance, then its a good fit.
Phone consults
Retail Adviser/Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Spending time doing surveys or phone consulting. Talk to leading investment groups. You set the time for calls. Complete surveys. Pay can range depending on experience and your level in companies. Have to be real careful not to give out trade secrets.
Pros
Work when you want too
Cons
pay
Consult on HDD Industry
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 26, 2018
This was a contract basis job and was only part time as inquiries from clients were forwarded to me to either accept or decline. I worked from my home office and conducted business via teleconferencing.
As requested by clients, provide insights and opinions on current and long-term status/future of the HDD industry and the industries mechanical/electronics supply base. Continual industry research and analysis to determine trends in technology, manufacturing, supply base and markets
Great place to start off
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Gerson Lehrman Group is a great company that offers great benefits. The office is full of driven and ambitious people, and the working environment is very fast-paced. It's a great place for someone to start their career.
Independency of your opinion
Free Lance Consultant - Council Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2018
Gerson Lehrman Group gives us possibility applying our knowledge and experience without biases to company interest.
I am a Council Member giving advice, recommendations, visions and frameworks on, industry, building, and construction markets for more than 300 million USD. Giving key risk analysis, probabilities and trigger point to monitor and mitigate impacts to global funds investors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gerson Lehrman Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight