Gesa Credit Union Employee Reviews

lack of oppertunity
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WANovember 21, 2018
they did not give any opportunity to advance, there was lack of support and I worked very hard but little recognition.

they did time off by seniority so not very many people were able to get the time they wanted
Pros
consistent work
Cons
could never get the time off that I wanted
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 19, 2018
Coworkers and the ability to cross-train and learn new skills is the best part. Compensation could be better. Health benefits were also very expensive with each year.
I enjoy working at Gesa Credit Union
Dealer Funding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 29, 2018
Gesa is always sure to show their employees that they are important to the company. They have an open door policy with changes that are occurring in the credit union.
Growing and Exciting Organization
Managment (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 23, 2018
Gesa is a always growing organization which is great for those just entering into the workforce or people with established careers! The CEO and Retail Executive have done a great job sharing the vision and why of doing things!
Pros
Growth Opportunity is present it you WANT to do the work!
No work and personal life balance
Persona Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMay 14, 2018
A typical day is that always short handed hard to get job done when always filling at other positions. was able to learn a lot about financial institutions. Management are all about numbers. They do not care about anything else. The employees are over worked and very tired. The hardest part of the job was trying to have a workplace/ life balance. The schedule is never the same from week to week, will work almost every Saturday but will not have the same day off in the middle of the week. Will work 4 hours one day, 9 1/2 hours the next day. Not a consistent schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and helping members.
Pros
Members
Cons
No consistent schedule
relaxed
IT Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 11, 2018
It was a relaxed place to worked. Some managers have a desk with the rest of their group. This made it much easier when we had to explain to them why the system was not working
learning something new in mortgage
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 8, 2018
I am always learning something new and get the support for my coworks to expand my knowledge. This position has open new doors for me to grow and jump start my career in mortgage.
Good pace to work
MSA (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 19, 2018
Gesa is a great job to have, plenty of room to advance if you are motivated and have a good work ethic. Hard work is rewarded with raises and promotions.
Easy to make mistakes
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJanuary 12, 2018
Its a hard life, you have to get a certain number of new accounts each month, its tracked on a board so everyone can see. Don't expect to be cut any slack but the pay is good
Pros
free lunches sometimes, plenty of breaks
Cons
standing on your feet, hard programs
Good Place to Work
Member Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 28, 2017
The member contact center is a good place to work but seems limited on career advancement. The pay is fair for the job but it is definetely a high volume face paced contact center and not for someone who cannot handle fast pace.
Where you belong.
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 8, 2017
The atmosphere is very friendly - everyone is so kind and that is sometimes hard to find in an employer. I enjoy everyone I work with, whether it be my co-workers, upper management, and all the way up to the executive level. Everyone truly wants to see you suceed and grow within the company! I love that all staff are invited to lunch with the CEO each month for a few hours too. I love working for Gesa, it was the best decision I ever made for myself!
Pros
Vacation Time, Friendly Staff, Positive, Friendly Atmosphere
na
Facilities/ Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 31, 2017
Gesa has some great people working there however some changes have lead to uncertainties and make it difficult to continue so I am looking for something different
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Some leadership issues
Management sucks and everyone is treated unfairly.
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 12, 2017
Bad. They only care about numbers even though the motto is "Every member matters." The assistant manager is sexist and and picks favorites. The upper management at headquarters don't really care about what happens on branch level.
Overall an alright place to work for
Personal Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 17, 2017
Hours are extremely long. Typical day at work.. Start working at 8:30am - 6:20pm with an hour lunch. Come in and assist members. Opening accounts, loans, account problems ect. Management is hard to deal with. Hard to be successful when management has favorites.
There's a Place For You Here!
Lending (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 12, 2017
I've been here for a few years and in a few different departments. There have been ups and downs and some jobs that I've liked more than others. I'm currently in a position that I absolutely love with a great team and highly knowledgeable management. There are so many areas of opportunity within this organization and constantly growing. Upper management is highly focused on employee retention and making this a great place to work. Staying positive through transitions, building relationships with your fellow coworkers and participating in Gesa's training programs have paid off! If you're looking for a place to grow professionally, Gesa is the place to be!
Pros
Benefits, Advancement, Work/Life Balance, Beautiful Place to Work
Cons
Summary
Consumer Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at work would involve working with multiple systems in order to ensure all types of consumer loans were completed with accurate documents for each individual member and loan officer. I learned patience, skills sets in order to complete the task at hand and how to adapt to multiple different types of personalities.
Fast pace, packed with weekly fun activities, challenging
Member Contact Representative II (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 25, 2016
Gesa is a place I highly recommend to work for, to be a part of. Management works with your schedule for work, family, and unexpected events. Not only do they provide a job but also an apportunity for education and it's paid! The knowledge I have receive not only have I used it at work but also in my personal life. Incentive always available for outstanding service for quality, service, adherance. Providing an amazing experience to every member is very important. Every member matters. It's an experience and an adventure I enjoy.
Good company
Personal Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tri-Cities, WAJuly 21, 2016
I have been with Gesa for a few years I love the community environment, it's hard to advance unless you kiss up to management. Sometimes if feels if you are good at your position you endup picking up other people's slack and then it's expected. Yet those barely meeting goals seem to succeed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement unless you suck up
My co workers are my team and we work well together
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 29, 2014
I have worked for a Commercial Bank before and I can feel a big difference working for a Credit Union

I enjoy working with my co-workers and I am great at what I do.
Definitely a positive environment to work for.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of duties for my position. I open accounts, talk to members about consumer loans and help members with any inquiries or maintenance they need with their finances.

Hard part of the job is the schedule. Sometimes it is tough not having a consistent schedule.
Pros
Benefits are amazing. Co workers, management and Members are friendly.
Cons
Not enough time to take breaks sometimes when it gets too busy. Working weekends.
It was nice to be able to advance
Loan Servicing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 14, 2014
I loved working and being able to help the public with any questions or concerns.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gesa Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.