Gesa Credit Union Employee Reviews

No work and personal life balance
Persona Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMay 14, 2018
A typical day is that always short handed hard to get job done when always filling at other positions. was able to learn a lot about financial institutions. Management are all about numbers. They do not care about anything else. The employees are over worked and very tired. The hardest part of the job was trying to have a workplace/ life balance. The schedule is never the same from week to week, will work almost every Saturday but will not have the same day off in the middle of the week. Will work 4 hours one day, 9 1/2 hours the next day. Not a consistent schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and helping members.
Pros
Members
Cons
No consistent schedule
relaxed
IT Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 11, 2018
It was a relaxed place to worked. Some managers have a desk with the rest of their group. This made it much easier when we had to explain to them why the system was not working
learning something new in mortgage
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 8, 2018
I am always learning something new and get the support for my coworks to expand my knowledge. This position has open new doors for me to grow and jump start my career in mortgage.
Good pace to work
MSA (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 19, 2018
Gesa is a great job to have, plenty of room to advance if you are motivated and have a good work ethic. Hard work is rewarded with raises and promotions.
Easy to make mistakes
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJanuary 12, 2018
Its a hard life, you have to get a certain number of new accounts each month, its tracked on a board so everyone can see. Don't expect to be cut any slack but the pay is good
Pros
free lunches sometimes, plenty of breaks
Cons
standing on your feet, hard programs
Good Place to Work
Member Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 28, 2017
The member contact center is a good place to work but seems limited on career advancement. The pay is fair for the job but it is definetely a high volume face paced contact center and not for someone who cannot handle fast pace.
Where you belong.
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 8, 2017
The atmosphere is very friendly - everyone is so kind and that is sometimes hard to find in an employer. I enjoy everyone I work with, whether it be my co-workers, upper management, and all the way up to the executive level. Everyone truly wants to see you suceed and grow within the company! I love that all staff are invited to lunch with the CEO each month for a few hours too. I love working for Gesa, it was the best decision I ever made for myself!
Pros
Vacation Time, Friendly Staff, Positive, Friendly Atmosphere
na
Facilities/ Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 31, 2017
Gesa has some great people working there however some changes have lead to uncertainties and make it difficult to continue so I am looking for something different
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Some leadership issues
Management sucks and everyone is treated unfairly.
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 12, 2017
Bad. They only care about numbers even though the motto is "Every member matters." The assistant manager is sexist and and picks favorites. The upper management at headquarters don't really care about what happens on branch level.
Overall an alright place to work for
Personal Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 17, 2017
Hours are extremely long. Typical day at work.. Start working at 8:30am - 6:20pm with an hour lunch. Come in and assist members. Opening accounts, loans, account problems ect. Management is hard to deal with. Hard to be successful when management has favorites.
There's a Place For You Here!
Lending (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 12, 2017
I've been here for a few years and in a few different departments. There have been ups and downs and some jobs that I've liked more than others. I'm currently in a position that I absolutely love with a great team and highly knowledgeable management. There are so many areas of opportunity within this organization and constantly growing. Upper management is highly focused on employee retention and making this a great place to work. Staying positive through transitions, building relationships with your fellow coworkers and participating in Gesa's training programs have paid off! If you're looking for a place to grow professionally, Gesa is the place to be!
Pros
Benefits, Advancement, Work/Life Balance, Beautiful Place to Work
Cons
Summary
Consumer Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at work would involve working with multiple systems in order to ensure all types of consumer loans were completed with accurate documents for each individual member and loan officer. I learned patience, skills sets in order to complete the task at hand and how to adapt to multiple different types of personalities.
Fast pace, packed with weekly fun activities, challenging
Member Contact Representative II (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 25, 2016
Gesa is a place I highly recommend to work for, to be a part of. Management works with your schedule for work, family, and unexpected events. Not only do they provide a job but also an apportunity for education and it's paid! The knowledge I have receive not only have I used it at work but also in my personal life. Incentive always available for outstanding service for quality, service, adherance. Providing an amazing experience to every member is very important. Every member matters. It's an experience and an adventure I enjoy.
Good company
Personal Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tri-Cities, WAJuly 21, 2016
I have been with Gesa for a few years I love the community environment, it's hard to advance unless you kiss up to management. Sometimes if feels if you are good at your position you endup picking up other people's slack and then it's expected. Yet those barely meeting goals seem to succeed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement unless you suck up
My co workers are my team and we work well together
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 29, 2014
I have worked for a Commercial Bank before and I can feel a big difference working for a Credit Union

I enjoy working with my co-workers and I am great at what I do.
Definitely a positive environment to work for.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of duties for my position. I open accounts, talk to members about consumer loans and help members with any inquiries or maintenance they need with their finances.

Hard part of the job is the schedule. Sometimes it is tough not having a consistent schedule.
Pros
Benefits are amazing. Co workers, management and Members are friendly.
Cons
Not enough time to take breaks sometimes when it gets too busy. Working weekends.
It was nice to be able to advance
Loan Servicing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 14, 2014
I loved working and being able to help the public with any questions or concerns.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Good work life balance.
Accountant and Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 8, 2014
Used to be better, has changed in the last couple of years. Highly focused on education but salary rates do not relfect this.
Beautiful work enviornment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 4, 2014
Limited ops for advancement. Promotions are few and far between.
Pros
Holidays off and Vac. pay
Cons
Rules vary from branch to branch
Innovative and fast growing company with great community service.
VP Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJanuary 4, 2014
As part of the Executive Team, the most enjoyable part of the job was participating in the monetary and technical growth of the company.
Fast paced environment with the best members(customers)
Teller (Former Employee) –  West Richland, WASeptember 27, 2013
A typical day at Gesa was getting to work at 8:30 and getting all the computers up and running. I was also in charge of opening the main vault door and getting the folders we need for that day. I would take my cash drawer and lock it up at my station for the day. I was also in charge of processing the ATM deposits from the nigh before and sending the report to our accounting department. Around 8:45 my other co-workers would arrive and we could get into the safe to pull money orders, gift cards, travelers checks, and fill our cash orders. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers because they were so nice and just the funniest people. I only had respect for one of my fellow co-workers there because she truly busted her butt every single day when all the other girls wandered and did not do as much as she. She was the only one that I could count on to help me to make sure all the things that needed to get done got done so we can leave on time. The hardest part about working at this branch is that it had been going through a lot of changes and gone through 3 different managers in less than a month. The manger that was finally permanently there did not do a good job because he was taken advantage of and walked all over by the girls that never did anything. This branch was ran by 2 girls not by the manager. What I learned about working at Gesa is that it doesn't always pay off to be the hardest worker because the people that were getting promotions and raises were the people that didn't do much. I hope that other companies take advantage and recognize the hard working  more... employees.  less
Pros
set schedule, hour lunches, paid holidays off
Cons
sales quotas were too high, pushy sales, untrained management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gesa Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about