Getaround
Happiness rating is 75 out of 100

Getaround Employee Reviews

The company culture is great as is the work-life balance. The company has good medical benefits and PTO is unlimited. The base pay is decent but opportunities for growth are limited and there is no clear path toward advancement.
Pros
Cons
Base pay
No job security lack of management skills. Same work everyday you’ll get tired of it quickly. Find a better place to work. You’ll get fired as soon as you get hired
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Job security
Awesome company to work for. Full of people who were passionate about their positions. Lots of communication. Lots of understanding when it came to personal needs. Lots of benefits. Worked outside everyday, drove cars and cared for cars. I believe the company is no longer since the Coronavirus destroyed the business model (car sharing for travelers, people without cars, Uber drivers)
The core concept of the company was solid, but through hubris or poor decision making it's needed to lay off about half of its workforce since the beginning of the 2020. They blame Covid-19, but the writing was on the wall months before everyone had to go on lockdown. Maybe next time firm up your actual processes and practices before sinking your entire Series D funding into buying a non-profitable company over seas.
People at the top don't seem to have any clue what they are doing. My immediate supervisors were great, but administration seemed completely boggled. For example, they approved a brand redesign without having the materials distributed to actually put on the vehicles. I was often sent on jobs that were duplicates of ones before. Also sent on jobs that were dangerous because of the drug-related mess in the car, even after they had been reported by coworkers previously. Lack of organization and complete obliviousness and unwillingness to listen to suggestions from pawns like me. Example: Suggested getting a monthly pass for car washes, which I had to do several times a week. Never happened. Company apparently didn't want to save money!!!
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I would not recommend this company to anyone. I regret ever hearing the name Getaround and will not be including it in my resume. The claims department is an absolute joke. For starters you pay for your own parking to go to work everyday. If that isn't a red flag for you then just keep reading. There is absolutely no training and you start receiving claims within 3 days of working there. The resources available to you to are vague and pointless. You will receive too many claims to count. The claims are assigned day, night, weekends and even when you're on PTO. Most of the office has a claim count over 400. I wish that was an exaggeration. Also, the managers are completely clueless on how to leverage the claim system to maximize productivity. The claims come in and you won't be able to tell your new claims from old ones or when the claim was even assigned. You will need to familiarize yourself with an endless list of vendors to create assignments for repairs, refunds, etc. Good luck trying to issue payments or anything for that matter because the system works about 50% of the time. If you enjoy dealing with escalations and irritated customers then you found the right place. Management is incompetent to say the least. The company or claims manager will offer you the moon in order to get you to join the company and once you get hired there is no follow through with their promise. Good luck on getting clear answers or help from management or anyone at the office. It will take days to get a reply for help on a claim. It will take tech support months before - more...
This is a great side hustle but not something to rely on. company wide changes made scheduling shifts unpredictable and no guarantee of long-term employment
It was good while it lasted. The company closed in Miami, if not, I would still be working for them. They even paid the lunch every single day (on paycheck), cellphone credit as well as other cool benefits
Amazing at first because of flexibility, but quickly became chaos. No matter how hard you work, your job security is a low priority. High turnover rates!
Have fun but not too much fun! Management promised me to have his position and I didn't get it. Management sent lengthy text messages to selective coworkers.
Pros
Tech focused
Cons
No advancement
They are very disorganized, the employees are disposable to them. All they care about is money, nontype of concern for their employees the ones who keep the company up and running smoothly.
Flexible working schedule and cool people but rules/policies are constantly changing so it’s hard to keep up. Company isn’t very diverse and has a typical SF startup feel. Lots of people are hired because of the school they attended and not based on their skills. They also make a lot of positions contractors even when they’re legally W2 employees. That poses a problem for the future if the state found out.
It's a great place to work! Great team and perks. I truly enjoyed working there and it is a good environment with an equal balance of professionalism and fun.
The job was ok, the management is bad and they don’t understand the job. The work life balance is no existent. They definitely chose a lot of favorites.
It was a great job, had to go on medical leave, by the time I came back they got rid of the Ottawa sector of the company without any warning. It was very unpleasant
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Isolation
I have been working with Getaround for almost a year already. It's fun in the aspect that you get to pick and choose your location every time, and you always get to meet and talk to a lot of new people. If the event is paid to get in, you can go in for free and wander around during your break. Not to mention there are also some other employee perks. I am happy to work for Getaround!
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Depending on the weather and where you work it could be cold/ hot sometimes
Getround is a great place to work. I have been enjoying my position as a Brand Ambassador since May. Management is taking the appropriate steps to make our work environment and processes more efficient.
Unless you work in San Francisco your opportunities for advancement in the company are almost non-existent. However, the company is growing very quickly.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Pay, Benefits
While the work load is manageable, the compensation/benefits are paultry, with pay raises rare, if ever. As a contractor, we are kept at arms length from the rest of the company, despite the fact we log 45-50 hours a week and provide THE most essential operational functions of the company.
Very good company fast growing. Lot of work. Management makes it stressful. No training at all. Work is interesting. Location is great. Compensation is competitive.
Pros
Free lunches 3 days a week, reasonable compensation
Cons
Stressful work
Everyone is great, company is great as well. Management however, depends on which department you are in, I would say. Within the time I was there, 4 people quit because of the management.
Pros
Free lunches, standing desks, nice people.
Cons
Higher ups are fakes
  1. Employee Reviews