Getaround

Getaround Employee Reviews

Always have a plan B!
Amazing at first because of flexibility, but quickly became chaos. No matter how hard you work, your job security is a low priority. High turnover rates!
Fun tech focused job
Have fun but not too much fun! Management promised me to have his position and I didn't get it. Management sent lengthy text messages to selective coworkers.
Pros
Tech focused
Cons
No advancement
Need better management
They are very disorganized, the employees are disposable to them. All they care about is money, nontype of concern for their employees the ones who keep the company up and running smoothly.
Constantly changing
Flexible working schedule and cool people but rules/policies are constantly changing so it’s hard to keep up. Company isn’t very diverse and has a typical SF startup feel. Lots of people are hired because of the school they attended and not based on their skills. They also make a lot of positions contractors even when they’re legally W2 employees. That poses a problem for the future if the state found out.
New Tech company with great team and perks.
It's a great place to work! Great team and perks. I truly enjoyed working there and it is a good environment with an equal balance of professionalism and fun.
Management is pretty bad
The job was ok, the management is bad and they don’t understand the job. The work life balance is no existent. They definitely chose a lot of favorites.
Great job until they took away the Ottawa location
It was a great job, had to go on medical leave, by the time I came back they got rid of the Ottawa sector of the company without any warning. It was very unpleasant
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Isolation
Fun work environment and flexible work hours
I have been working with Getaround for almost a year already. It's fun in the aspect that you get to pick and choose your location every time, and you always get to meet and talk to a lot of new people. If the event is paid to get in, you can go in for free and wander around during your break. Not to mention there are also some other employee perks. I am happy to work for Getaround!
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Depending on the weather and where you work it could be cold/ hot sometimes
Getround is a great place to work. I have been enjoying my position as a Brand Ambassador since May. Management is taking the appropriate steps to make our work environment and processes more efficient.
Limited Opportunity
Unless you work in San Francisco your opportunities for advancement in the company are almost non-existent. However, the company is growing very quickly.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Pay, Benefits
Relaxed environment, poor compensation, little to no chance of career advancement
While the work load is manageable, the compensation/benefits are paultry, with pay raises rare, if ever.

As a contractor, we are kept at arms length from the rest of the company, despite the fact we log 45-50 hours a week and provide THE most essential operational functions of the company.
Productive place with 3 days a week lunch
Very good company fast growing. Lot of work. Management makes it stressful. No training at all. Work is interesting. Location is great. Compensation is competitive.
Pros
Free lunches 3 days a week, reasonable compensation
Cons
Stressful work
Good company, could need more structure and organization in the office.
Everyone is great, company is great as well. Management however, depends on which department you are in, I would say. Within the time I was there, 4 people quit because of the management.
Pros
Free lunches, standing desks, nice people.
Cons
Higher ups are fakes
Amazing place to work.
Great job. Different than most. If you like to drive its perfect for you. Management is flimsy. But overall they take good care of you. If you love cars too its great for you.
Pros
driving different cars daily. Tesla!!!. good pay. decent hours.
Cons
management.
Great place to work!
Getaround is a great place to work! This job offers consistent hours, knowledgeble staff, fast paced enviroment and the freedom to be your own boss.
Great Company
Very good place to work in. The working environment was great, everyone was very knowledgeable. I would recommend this business to anyone that is looking for a job. Too bad that for me was just a temporary assignment. Very cool higher management, the CFO was a very nice person to work with. Highly recommended.
Pros
Very nice people
Cons
In the short time that I was there I did not see any cons