GetInsured Employee Reviews

Changing industry unsecured future
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2018
A typical day changed rapidly as the Obamacare program shifted, and we spent too much time without any calls, or clients to work with. The job was simple, but the culture turned quickly to a cut-throat environment unnecessarily because there were plenty of clients when the program began.
Pros
Great pay and work hours
Cons
Unstable industry at the time
CEO is out of touch
Other (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 1, 2017
This company is out of touch with its employees, when people leave they do not fill the positions but distribute to already overworked employees, there is low morale, the CEO doesn't even know employee names, let alone what employee duties are important for the business to keep running successfully. Business decisions are made on a whim without thought of the company's vision, mission, or objectives. Would never recommend this company to anyone I care about.
Pros
Free lunch on Tuesday and Thursday
Cons
Everything else
I had my hopes for better, for longer
Health Insurance Telesales Medicare Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2017
we had normal 8 hr days, and when busiest we had 21 days no time off, 1 day off and then another 10 day straight. I liked the pay check and I learned I can push myself as an agent, I improved in my goals and became more efficient, trying to focus on closing. I liked the experience of multiple carriers, challenge was sometimes system issues, and lead transfers. However, the vision of long-term work as a future was fleeting and suddenly unsecure as lay-offs became a daily occurrence, the stress mounted. I had some health issues I was dealing with and I appreciate the open door policy to work with me, or discuss with care. I really liked and admired my senior manager, the workplace culture was casual, friendly, company provided several lunches and good benefits. Hardest part pressure for daily numbers or say goodbye.
Lots of opportunity however...
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2017
This was a great company to work for but they had too many challenges deciding on our compensation and did not operate like an established business. They made a couple of questionable hiring decisions and subjected employees to three successive layoffs.
Good co-workers
Licensed Agent & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2016
Phoenix division closure on 3/1/2016 without notice. Unstable environment. Rules changing all the time. No job security.
Senior Support Engineer
Senior Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 18, 2016
decent workplace with competent engineers who were very easy to work with to create new enhancements and improvements.
fun work enviroment
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 7, 2015
I enjoyed Get insured. The enviroment was relaxed. The job was not hard you just have to come to work. Easy way to make money
lack of vision or strategy
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaAugust 7, 2015
As a manager, you are pulled in very different directions. Focus could change week to week or day to day. This lack of focus was evident in how agents are managed and what goals they are working toward.
Very little upward mobility. Company lacks a strategy for the sales part of the business. You can't manage if you have no process which makes execution impossible.
Proprietary software was cumbersome, difficult to navigate.

On the positive side, the people I worked with were smart, dedicated and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
challenges and problems to solve. Always moving in a direction
Cons
lack of business strategy and process. No infrastructure for support
Great organization to work with
Independent Contractor - PM/BA (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 30, 2015
Very motivated, smart and closely working team toward common goal. Definitely looking for partnership with this organization.
Creative tech/ insurance company start-up
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2015
No two days were the same due to changing technical issues every single day during the first year. The second year was much more smooth for Open Enrollment with the Affordable Care Act. The vision the company started with in Phoenix deteriorated after the first six months when the Director left and was replaced by more traditional thinkers. Slowly those who had supported her way of thinking were either let go or quit.

I learned much here and I am grateful for the experience. I enjoyed my co-workers the most! They were a supportive group with a wide range of ages. If we hadn't helped each other each and every day, I'm sure many of us would have been discouraged with the lack of process.
Pros
Free meals/snacks on a frequent basis. Gift cards for incentives.
Cons
Short breaks/constant adherance and lack of transparency on how we were being rated and paid
Sales Training Manager/Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  AtlantaMarch 25, 2015
Nothing to say about the company, it ran its course. Loved my director and my coworkers but the company has alot of growing to do
Not much to offer at this company, more sales orientated.
Temp - Sales Support Specialist (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2014
Management was pretty confused on going forward with this temporary position and all the details about next step in the position were always last minute.
Pros
Some free lunches and substantial breaks when needed.
Cons
Poor management.
Friendly productive work environment
Licensed Agent/Broker (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 25, 2012
Great training, productknowledge and contining education
Great people and agents to work with but management does not know anything about health insurance. They are setting the office up as a call center .
National insurance sales agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta,GeorgiaFebruary 6, 2012
Started out as a great place to work. After being raided by the insurance commissioners office the production never returned to the same levels. Upper management brought in a new office manager that had developed call centers for AT&T. They want sales volumes high and high turn over.It is not a professional environment. The working conditions are terrible. All the talent is leaving.
Pros
sell individual health, life, dental, and accident insurance on a national level.
Cons
call center environment, not a professional insurance environment