Getronics Employee Reviews

Only apply as a last resort
Data Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 10, 2019
There's potential, but management is not approachable. Unfit working conditions, and unprofessional employees and management. Only apply as a LAST resort!!!...............
Pros
Decent pay and full benefits
Cons
Horrible management and working conditions
Very productive
Regional Field Technician - Pomeroy I.T. Solutions (Current Employee) –  Surrounding Washington DC areaMarch 24, 2019
Productive work and good coordination with fellow techs. Management kept techs informed of any company policies and status of our customer base. Good response time to customer needs.
Pros
Not too stressful work atmosphere
Cons
Not enough overtime
Wow where do I start. A mess.
Regional Service (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 21, 2019
With them through 6 buyouts. 18 year employee. They got rid of me for insubordination with no write up or warning. Avoid. Blindsided me. Was clear. They decided me then fired me. They will rope you in then beat you down like a dog. Absolutely no work/family balance. They simply don't care.
Pros
A job
Cons
Bully you.
Excellent Annual Performance Reviews But Only Two 2% raises in 5 years
REFRESH/UPGRADE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 14, 2019
I love my job, but the compensation is extremely low. Raises are not based on merit. It is really too bad that Getronics doesn't realize the savings in retaining employees. Training, the learning curve of newly recruited techs, and turnover is more costly than increasing the pay rate of known performers.
Pros
great hours great people
Cons
poor compensation lack of vision
Fast pace environment
Call Center Technical Support (Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2019
Needs a little more organization. Just seems to be lacking some basic things I'm use to like a HR that I can reach out to at anytime. Company seems to be going in the right direction but they aren't there yet.
The job is very knowledegable
tech support (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 9, 2019
The job is very knowledgeable and the work environment is comfortable and people are friendly. I just wish the medical benefits was better, and more from for advancement
Upper management is bad.
site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2019
My immediate supervisor is great but upper management will not put you in a position to advance. I do get 16 days per year PTO plus paid holidays so that is a plus.
fast past
Field Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAMarch 1, 2019
provided onsite and remote support to retail bank locations and back office staff. using a ticket system to report on progress and measure SLA. not a lot of support for employees.
not a real IT job
Network analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 27, 2019
if you are looking to push tickets to IT and you are wanting to learn a i little about IT this is the company for you but if you have a degree in IT this is not the job for
Maybe better in other divisions but I doubt it
Lead Tape and Print Operator (Former Employee) –  City, StateFebruary 25, 2019
As a remote worker you are generally left hung out to dry. The management is hit or miss. Some know what they are doing and others have little idea. You are constantly put in a position of being guilty of an issue until you can prove yourself innocent. Lack of support staff forces you to handle the majority of your issues on your own if you can. If not you just figure out how to get by without it.
Pros
It's a job, a lot of free time on shift
Cons
lack of advancement, a lack of a sense of a workplace culture and more of a disconnect
Just a number
Level 1 analyst (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 21, 2019
Before they even purchased my company they decided we weren't needed. They came in a promptly closed 2 sites laying hundreds of people. The ones that were left had to pick up the pieces, moral was low and they offered little to no compensation.
Easy
Lead tape operator (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 18, 2019
Slow paced. Lots of down time most of the time......managers were easy but the pay is not that great..flexible work hours, 24/7 company.
Support for servers.
Outsourcing is killing the IT Industry in the USA
Technical Support Technician, Level (Former Employee) –  Pomeroy, OHFebruary 12, 2019
The company outsourced all service desk positions. It was not a move I agreed with.

Before it was taken over by Getronics, Pomeroy was a decent place to work with friendly, helpful management and reasonable work expectations.
Manager
Management (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHFebruary 10, 2019
Managing daily operations of service delivery at client site. Leading a diverse group of individuals of various skills. Driving innovations, reducing spend for both Getronics and the client.
Benefits
Cons
Career growth
nareally
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 7, 2019
If you have ever dreamed about working from home, you’re in luck! There has never been a better time to earn great money from the comfort of your own home! Here’s why…

More people than ever are tapping into the new “online economy,” allowing them to make full-time money and more with only part-time hours.

Flexible schedules, more time with family, the freedom to travel, AND the ability to earn more than they ever would on a “normal” job are just a few of the benefits of working from home.
Challenged by massive change
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 4, 2019
Getronics has grown through a number of acquisitions over the last 5 years. In the last year, the change has been wrenching with all executive leadership from the most recent target company removed within 4 months and many of the senior leadership ranks leaving or being asked to leave within 6 months. This change lost a lot of continuity and severely impacted relationships with long term clients. Not sure of the future and strategy based on these changes, but they do accomplish a significant reduction in labor costs.
Good company
Material Planner/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Never worked with the CEO or knew who that was since he worked in another location.

Work was great until they had to downsize to sell the company.

A typical day at work was getting the parts to the correct locations.

I learned a lot about logistics.

The workplace was a good place Your could joke ad fun around when work was slow.

The hardest part of the job was driving there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Pros
Good compnay
Cons
Some managers
A company that doesnt feel like a company
DEPLOYMENT LEAD I (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2019
In my line of work in Deployment I travel constantly. Within my local division, drive time was a large majority of time spent on job. Locations are separated by 100s of miles and travelling to and from these locations has led to a lot of time away from home. The work once arrived is sometimes plenty and keeps you busy, others it is almost laughable and hardly worth the drive. local work is dwindling and I am starting to travel to other states across the country to help other divisions, leading to more time away from home. The lack of work stems from my division being smaller, and my faster working pace which tends to get projects done more quickly leaving less to do. Family and personal life are almost secondary to my job. When I was younger I didn't mind so much. Now I am older and it has become unacceptable.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits
Cons
travel, workload often minimal or inconsistent
Getronics review
Desk Side Support Twin Cities Lead(Whirlpool) (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 14, 2019
Great co-workers but unfortunately no growth and stale work day.

I learned most of my IT tech and Lead abilities here.

Management was draining and not worker friendly.

Hardest part of the job is reporting to 5+ Bosses

Most enjoyable part of the job was co-workers.
Pros
Nice Cafeteria
Cons
low cut benefits, no Payment growth
Was acquired by Getronics
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 2, 2019
I dont know enough about Getronics to make a good informed review.
We were acquired by Getronics in the summer of 2018 and my job was eliminated with my last work date of 12/30/2018.
Pros
Ability to work remote
Cons
Does Not pay in accordance with experience.