Getty Images Employee Reviews

fun workplace but very "clicky"
Senior Executive Assistant - (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 10, 2018
My experience was more positive than negative. however, the negative was toxic- if you didn't go out drinking on the daily or spend time on "coffee breaks" you weren't part of the tribe. i am very busy there being sure my job was completed - my focus is on that not gossiping - but what was once the normal is no longer
Pros
great work life balance. Benefits paid 100 % by company. option to work from home
Cons
if your not part of the "in crowd" you don't matter
Best Freelance Gig
Freelance Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2018
As a freelance gig Getty has been an amazing company to work with. I felt that I was free to make my own schedule and time time and autonomy was respected by my peers and management. I was challenged to develop my technical as well as interpersonal and managerial skills while working on-site, this was a rare job where I was actually pushed and encouraged to improve. I look forward to working with them in the future!
Headed in a corporate direction
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2018
Getty Images is moving away from an employee-first mentality to a more "New York" corporate environment where employees are seen as replaceable. This has caused many talented employees to leave the company.
Productive and Fun workplace
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2018
The people were amazing. It was a great experience working at Getty. It was a privlage to represent some of the best photographers in the world. Upper Management was extremely supportive.
Pros
The people
Cons
Confusing commission structure
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2018
I was very happy during my time at Getty Images, I just wanted to try a new industry. Fun and productive, ping pong table, full kitchen. Career advancement and mentoring was available.
I never worked at the main office, but a stock photographer
Stock photographer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 22, 2018
Great place to sell stock photographer exclusively. A huge benefit that the company is very well known, more sales than other stock sites, the site is a little confusing, however.
Pros
Your own hours
Cons
they take to much % of money
Competitive Pressures
Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
Unfortunately, competitive pressures are changing the culture and creating more panic and stress than in past years when the company enjoyed a more clear cut advantage in the market.
Pros
Creative
Cons
Poor Business Performance
Photography is fun
Photo Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
Great place if you land in the right department. People are very nice to work with but the environment is lacking something. It's a good in between job and you can learn a lot about the photo business. Don't expect to have much opportunity to move up or get more pay.
Pros
Nice people and fun products
Cons
old technology, lack of innovation
Work culture
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2018
Fun place to work, definitely a place to learn new technical skills. It has a great work environment and the management makes arrangements every week to entertain the work force.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
short contract jobs
Industry Leader
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 23, 2018
Great product and leader in the industry. Sold subscription licenses to small businesses. Prospected from given leads. Leads were recycled and some prospects were frustrated that they were continued to be called after asking to be taken off the call list.

Want to know more about Getty Images?

Ask a question
super productive workflow and beautiful imagery to work with every day
Global Integrated Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2018
The company has a super efficient workflow, but the creative team can be rather siloed from the rest of the company. Room for improvement there for sure, but it's navigable.
Litte job security
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 1, 2018
Enjoyed position, responsibilities and team members. Yet after just two months corporate decision to dissolve current position was a surprise. The consideration and design of this position and related responsibilities at the corporate level should have been more carefully designed before hiring.
Very laid back yet productive office environment
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 9, 2018
While I only had a six month contract at Getty, everyone I met was very friendly and while the office environment was laid back, the atmosphere was still very much geared towards productivity in a very positive way. I only saw some of their technology infrastructure, but even that little bit was very impressive and it was a pleasure to maintain and expand.
Great Place to work!
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2018
Getty culture provides a great environment to work in. Open door policy, great benefits, plenty of PTO and flexible with working from home. The company is always looking for a way to innovate processes, which is great!
not transparent pay structure
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2018
Getty would be amazing if I felt I was compensated fairly. Great company culture and great benefits. As a sales organization it is not conventional in the duties as well as in compensation.
Getty
Manager of Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
Getty was and is an outstanding company. It was the best company I have ever worked for. The people, processes and systems in place made them the gold standard in the imagery and imagery technology business.
It was good in the early 2000s
Senior NT and Exchange Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 21, 2018
I don't know what Getty Images is like to work for today. I was last there twelve years ago. At that time, it was a mix of very supportive for employees directly in the money-making chain, but barely supporting of employees who kept the internal technology infrastructure going.
Pros
Cons
Management infighting
Great place!
Senior Director, HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Getty Images is a great place to work if you enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment.

It is the type of company where you get rewarded for the effort you put in.
Work hard = play hard
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 24, 2018
Getty's culture is work hard / play hard. There is a lot of work but they also make a lot of time for play. Movie screenings, Thirsty Thursdays, outings and more are part of the fun things that take place.
Pros
lots of events
Cons
lots of work
Getty images
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CADecember 16, 2017
Great job, everybody that works with you is willing to help out. You have a great work schedule and great pay. The company is very professional. When working as a photographer you get your assignments through e-mail and get to choose what events you would like to take.
Pros
Great work schedule, People are friendly, always pay on time, you always have fun at the job.
Cons
editing pictures is the longest part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Getty Images. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight