GF Management Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMarch 15, 2019
This place has been the worse work place I have ever worked. The managers are poor and unprofessional. Micro-managing at its finest. They would offer anything to get you on board or to keep you but do not follow through. (Pay, hours). There is no integrity. No communication. A lot of the workers are sick which tells a lot about a work place. If you are someone who works hard or even just want to go to work and do your job, this is not the place for you! Everyday there is some bs. Mainly coming from the managers. Do yourself a favor and keep looking. Some jobs are not worth it.
Cons
Managers
Dishonest
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 14, 2019
They completely neglected to mention their ALE violations during the hiring process. They have had enough severe violations that they are 1 away from losing their liquor license completely. They use premade mixes and the bar is very dirty. Management is terrible and reprimands staff in front of guests. Also discussed pricing in front of guests. So unprofessional
Pros
Health care
Cons
Every thing else was bad
Professional and has great resources
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Various locationnsDecember 21, 2018
I had the pleasure working with GF Management.
Very professional and has all he resources that I needed.
Great training programs and always follow the policies.
Pros
Free travel and accomodations
Cons
N/a
GF does not care about employees or guests
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYDecember 12, 2018
From day 1 we were promised we would be taken care of....6 managers in 7 months later, we still were promised it would be okay. One manager left after 2 days, that says a lot about their company. They will sell you snake oil to get you to move to their hotel. But by that time, most of the good employees left. GF filled them with bodies to make it look like they actually cared for the property. They seemingly hired unqualified people to be managers. It became an increasingly unsafe place to work and unsafe for guests. There was no accountability for anything going wrong. Those who ran this place should be ashamed of themselves. It’s not really a surprise they treated humans like animals as they were hired by the bank that owned the hotel. Lie after lie. Only telling employees 25 days before Marriott was taking their flag from the property, though they knew as early as 5 months before. Absolutely disgusting eye opener to see the dark side of business. I would rather be homeless than work for GF ever again. There were times when I had no idea who I could contact if things went wrong. Sort of just set adrift to fend for ourselves. On behalf of all the residence inn employees who witnessed the abomination of GF, we encourage you to avoid any hotel property owned and operated by GF management. Thank you for reading.
Pros
Cons
Lies, deceit, no accountability
Rewarding
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PANovember 5, 2018
GF Management was a challenging place to work. GF Management offered me great experience in the sales arena which, in turn, propelled me into a Real Estate career.
na
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 27, 2018
na owner keep changing her mind on interior design even after signing the change order... Unable to complete the work on time due to changes and using international design London and Dubai. On the phone thru the day evening and night...
GF Management is the worst ownership of any hotel
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  chicago areaAugust 10, 2018
30 + years working at 4 different hotel properties couldn't prepare me when GF Management purchased the property where I was working.
ABSOLUTE WORST ownership ever!!! Do yourself a favor and don't even apply at ANY hotel until you find out who the ownership is, and research them on this website. Dozens of people wouldn't take the time to review a former employer years after they have escaped unless there was an element of truth in what they had to say.
GF Management is the worst.
Pros
a check
Cons
long hours poor benefits
Comfortable place to work.
Director of Administration and Accounting (Current Employee) –  Canby, ORFebruary 20, 2018
Comfortable place to work. Very family oriented. Strive to take care of their employee's. They are on a gradual upswing and I only see them continuing to grow.
GF Management
TASK FORCE DIRECTOR OF SALES (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 5, 2017
Great Company to work for with opportunity for learning and growth within your position. Great training program to help develop skills and company culture.
Great management team
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for GF Management, the management team was always only a phone call away. Great staff to work with. Our GM taught us great management skills... Kudos to GF Management.
Work culture failure
Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2017
This was probably one of the worst places I've ever worked at. There is no communication with anyone in any departments and all they try to do is point the finger at other people for their own problems.
Pros
Cons
Communication
company that has allowed me to grow from a banquet chef to a regional director of food and beverage
Regional Food & Beverage Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2017
I have had the pleasure of working for this company for 20 years come this November. They have allowed me to grow personally and professionally. As the old saying goes, you get out what you put in, which is very true with this organization. If you are a hard working and have a true passion for hospitality you will go far.
Hilton
On-call Banquet Server and Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2017
The Hilton is a good place to work and it's great that you can get a discount on rooms and renting the ballrooms. The people who work there are great!! It was cool that they allowed me to come back.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
sometimes parties lasted till the wee hours of the mornings
worst place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 17, 2017
There's no growth in the company unless you're a kiss a**. Because our administrator assistant was African American she didn't qualify for the Assistant Manager position st our hotel, even with over 7 years of hospitality experience. There's better companies to work for.
Pros
Cons
low payment, over-worked
Revolving door
Controller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2017
This company has a problem retaining good talent. I have been working in the corporate office for a number of years and would not recommend my worst enemy to work here.

If you happen to join GF, do your best to avoid those people on the top of the organizational chart.

Also, there is no HR department... it is actually run by the attorney. This is craziness!
Pros
Office location
Cons
Senior Management
Avoid at all costs !!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 23, 2017
Several years as an under-paid, over-work manager..... I have seen it all ! EVERYTHING is based on profit and very little is based around customer satisfaction. Employee moral is ALWAYS at rock bottom due to extremely poor upper management. Wonderful employees are dumped without warning just to make budget. People who have given years of their blood sweat and tears to this company are trashed so that some corporate clown can take another golf vacation !! I've seen it happen to MANY !! AVOID at all costs !!
Pros
Nice golf courses
Cons
Condition of hotel, upper management, workplace environment
not a good management company to work for.
Assit. Director of housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2017
I worked for the company for 12 years and each year got worst. excepted long hours with no incentive or bonus. I worked 10 to 12 hours a day, sometimes 6 days a week. I learned the politics of a work place and how lowly upper management feels about staff.The staff in the departments were like family. The hardest part of the job was doing 2 jobs a day.
This can't be a real company....
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Working for this company has been absolutely horrendous. There's no leadership, and the only attempt to lead, can only be described as following unenthusiastic stereo instructions.
You know what's really terrible? Not being told my compensation would be cut, and Finding when I get my paycheck.
This company is absolutely grotesque.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
All of them
Company Only Cares About The Bottom Line, Ineffective Leadership, Disregards Team Members
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 23, 2017
Personally, I would not recommend working for this company. Leaders are ineffective, immature, and often only work to serve strict corporate requirements rather than take care of their team members. Compensation is very low compared to the industry average, benefits are relatively worthless, and employee morale seems to consistently suffer at the hands of arrogance and egotism.
Cons
Low Compensation, Ineffective Management, Low Workplace Morale
A Challage
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2017
As Traveling General Manager. I was relocated to several hotels in just few months. Some as soon as we billed a re pore with the staff. Which made it very unstable for all.
We where just a holding company to renovate and hold down production until property could be sold.

I learned how to deal and Manage a lot of other cultures.

The Hardest part of the job was coming into a new place and no standards where being followed and no one knowing where any thing was.

The most enjoyable part was to see the results after making changes. Making property buyers worthy.
Pros
I got to travel.
Cons
Away from family for awhile

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GF Management. Our community is ready to answer.