GFA International Employee Reviews

Management dosent respect employees
Certified Concrete Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 24, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Management doesn't prepare workers for the job task. There is no communication with the employees and no job security.
Pros
non
Cons
To much Cons to list
True team
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLDecember 4, 2017
I currently work at GFA and LOVE the diversity of my role, the TEAM effort and the "Open Doors". It is a thriving Company and I look forward to continuing my contribution to helping the Company in any way I can!!
Pros
Culture, Team Members, Benefits
Stepping stone
Field Technician dirty boy (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 1, 2017
Working at GFA is a good place to work at if your are a field tech. the work is steady during summer season with great over time. You get a company truck to take home yes it's GPS. The CMT manager is great to work with at time he may get stress out but in the end he has your back and gos out of his way to help the hard working techs.
Yes there are cameras at the building but you don't have to worry if you are doing your job and the cameras are very visible.
The company is small so moving up in a position like manager is not going to happen.
Pros
Take home company truck, CMT manager and field manager are alsome at the delray branch
Cons
Health care ins. Is not the best but it's better than no health ins.
ok place to work
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMay 15, 2017
For a person who had a good deal of experience in my field, I was never compensated for my experience. I also didn't feel valued or like I was a part of the team at this company.
They treat employees like a doormat
Manager (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLApril 23, 2017
No respect for employees. Raises are not considered yet the "exec staff" spends thousands on retreats to Bimini...ummm employees first.....not here!

Hidden cameras all over the office, be prepared to hear the F word form the CEO, VPs, branch manager on down the line.

Hard work gets you nothing but discouragement, unless you are a guy they you get away with anything!

Execs are too cheap to contribute more to employee insurance so employee and spouse insurance was $500/pay!
Pros
Free drinks in fridge (for the last 8mo only)
Cons
Healthcare, raises, advancement, appreciation
good solid business
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLApril 20, 2017
Great people. Could do better with compensation. Bennies not great But I would say a good employer overall. Often to man tasks and can be a bit dirty. I did enjoy working there.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
bad benefits
Worked there as a Marketing Assistant
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2017
I worked in the Delray office and loved the atmosphere, they had a huge salt water tank, the pay was good, the coworkers were great but there was one HUGE issue. The President loves cameras and has them all over the place. He loves to make sure his employees are always working, and if you have small chit chat, he will come flying around the corner.

They also have poor ventilation and mold growing on the ceiling. When I started working there, I was sick daily for months and months until I left and everything cleared up.

I wouldn't recommend working there unless you enjoy being micromanaged.
Pros
Nice People, Beautiful Front Entryway
Cons
Camera's, Micromanagement and Air Quality
No Room for Advancement
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLApril 15, 2016
Decent place to work but no room for advancement in the company. Needs some improvement in some of the leader roles in the company.
Productive Work Environment
Wind Mitigation Administrator for Citizens Program (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2016
I scheduled and assisted Inspectors with accurate roof sketches to help in roof inspections. Learned roof Geometry. Hardest part of my job was when the roof was restructured and we had to provide new roof geometry to the inspector on the fly.
Heavy workload of claims handling
Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CANovember 21, 2015
Claims are handled via internet from claimants all over the world.
All shipments of personal property were done by sea. Damages to personal property had to be repaired in the country where they arrived. If not repairable, item was paid at insured value.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Heavy workload, Understaffed

Want to know more about GFA International?

Ask a question
Fine
QC Technician (Former Employee) –  orlando, flNovember 16, 2014
Company closed down in orlando. Not a bad place to work. But the place isnt open any more in orlando.
Great Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  FLJuly 29, 2013
I provided customer service to many clients, companies associated with GFA International, and basic clerical task. I learned to be very accurate on information to be given, great time management skills, and to be proficient and always smile. I loved my manager (professionally), my job was very enjoyable in all aspects.
Pros
Active learning on the job
Cons
N/a
A very good company to grow.
Wind Mitigation Inspector (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLNovember 3, 2012
Excellent company!!!! Great environment!!!! Very good management.
Hard work and dedication
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 6, 2012
I like the team atmosphere and learning something new each day. Being in management and having to travel is tough on the family life. If I am not out of town I am at a dinner meeting or some function somewhere.
Pros
company vehicle, good benefits
Cons
16 hour days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GFA International. Our community is ready to answer.