GFL Environmental

GFL Environmental Employee Reviews

United States235 reviews

truckdriverroutetrashwasteequipmentlonghorrible

Pay above average

Unorganized management for many reasons routes are uneven some employees finish routes in 6 hours other finish in 12 hours getting same day rate.It’s a paycheck decent benefits

Long hours, unorganized

Very unorganized and toxic workplace. Hours are long. You never know when you will be done. Coworkers don’t care to help. Lots of gossiping among coworkers and management. New hires are treated poorly. If you don’t kiss butt you’re treated like the trash you pick up.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Long hours, toxic work environment, unorganized

GFL Environmental insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing. Underpayment employees and pay women $2 less an hour.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Terrible management and pay. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Cut throatWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?12 hours and no pay anything after 12

Good place to learn and grow your skills

Typical day can range from anything as simple as cleaning the shop to critical fab jobs or high level mechanical jobs. Great place to learn how to work on heavy equipment and grow your skills as a mechanic if you don’t mind the smell or getting dirty.

Good Work

This is a trash company so the work you'd expect to do is the exact work you do. The pay is great and the people you work work with are amazing. Management is great.

The worst company I've ever worked for

The pay is good but I would not recommend this company to anyone in the Midwest I've never I. My life seen such a cluster and don't think upper management will ever take the blame it's always someone else I've been a manager for almost thirty years this by far is the worst company I've ever seen

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing your just a number What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Trying not to get points for your driving What is the work environment and culture like at the company?They don't fix anything What is a typical day like for you at the company?Hoping your truck is not broke down

Self paced, laid back. If you complete tasks given you can do whatever you want for the most part.

It's so so, so far. They've been pretty fair and concerned with well being and safety of employees. Family easy work and overtime if you want it. Pay should be increased for the welder/mechanic/maintenance/painter guy though.

Good job, great management.

Safety is paramount at our facility. We stress being safe on every aspect of the job. The company spends what it needs to to keep the place going. Pennies sometimes need to be pinched, but we get what we need most of the time. I have projects to work on during slower days and then there are days where I don't even get to check my watch before it's time to go home. OT is good and constant. Not a bad place to spend a day.

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays, equipment gets replaced when needed for the most part.

Cons

No college tuition, no remote work, but typical for an industrial environment.

What is the best part of working at the company?The freedom of driving What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Busy times What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Family feeling at all times What is a typical day like for you at the company?Smoov laid back.

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing at allWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?ManagementWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?They treat you like the garbage you haul

Great pay

Great place to work the only problem is getting 40 hrs a week after September. The trucks are getting better and management is changing for the better.

Hood work place

A great place to work real good people to work for....management is great long hours of course..good working place great co workers early morning’s...

What is the best part of working at the company?Love it there.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Commute the distanceWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Fun professionalWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Answer calls laugh smile repeat

Productive days

Communication is a plus at GFL & they listen to you. I can have a problem & I’ll go to management & they will figure out a way to correct the problem. Every Monday there is a meeting about safety

Pros

Everyone is like family

Cons

Their trailers is garbage

Worst place in the world to work .

Managers are lazy know it alls , To make it with this company you have to be a suckass . Wont keep their trucks up . If the managers like you they will keep up your truck if not you are listed as a lazy trouble maker. Their management in Morristown , Tn. is the worst ever !

Wilmington office management is a joke. Hostile work environment and manager is not even qualified for his position

Manager needs to be looked at by HR. What a joke. The most hostile work environment I've ever experienced. No integrity at all, terrible work ethics. A growing liabilty

Not a great place to be unless you want a quick buck!

Applying to GFL means you literally are green FOR LIFE. They work you all day all the time then if you finish at a reasonable time you have to help others who slacked which is not fair. Not to mention management only cares about getting the trash up which is why they'll have you out there 6 am to 8 pm, I get a job is a job but they make it not a good experience and will make you wanna quit

Pros

Decent Pay

Cons

Everything else

Steady job with a lot of corporate bull****

It's to be expected of a manual labor job that it's a steady niche job, but the corporate oversight in my position is terrible though. Cameras installed in the trucks turn on and off at the drop of a hat and the management team sees fit to take every little thing the cameras record as a safety problem, except they usually aren't problems at all. Unless you're gonna work in an office, stay away...

Run Run Run

It’s a typical driving/trucking job, they promise you the world on a silver platter and then laugh at your failure. If you’re not willing to play ball and you’re not a good old boy and an A&$ kisser they try and phase you out by giving junk trucks and ridiculous amounts of work and the management are slow and never have a clue.

Horrible place to work

The Colorado Springs terminal is horrible. Nobody has a clue of what’s going on. Management is horrible. There is no actual training involved and the so-called trainers really don’t care. The trucks are constantly breaking down management in Colorado Springs. Need to go back and do training to learn how to be affective managers. And learn how to have better communication, skills, and attitude adjustment. The office girls are awesome to work with. That is the only good thing about this terminal. If you don’t agree with what they say, or their opinion, they find a way to get rid of you. They do not back their Workmen’s Comp..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GFL Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits