GHD Employee Reviews

Nice Firm to work for
ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER & BILLING COOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2018
Large and professional engineering firm, located in San Diego. Multiple offices, relocating is an option. They are very successful and a great company to work for.
Pros
Good salary offered and benefits
Cons
Corporate is tough to work for, very demanding and no overtime
Bullying behavior dominates the culture
Senior Air Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 12, 2018
It is important for applicants to GHD to know that a typical day at the office involves doing your best to avoid the bullying behavior by management so that you can focus on your work. Engineering expertise, training and skills are so minimal as to be barely passable. The bullying seems to be a direct correlation to the lack of engineering skills, including the ability to communicate and collaborate as a team. HR and other managers do nothing to curtail the bullying.

If you take a job at GHD, don't for a minute believe that the people that you are working with are actually co-workers, in the congenial sense! Instead, just remember that you are totally on your own, because management, including HR, demonstrates expert skill at sowing division among staff. What I learned is that engineering skills and knowledge; the ability to bring in new clients; the ability to produce great work products for clients are not valued skills. What is valued is acquiescence to the bully. The atmosphere reflects this -- a tense, strained atmosphere prevails, and finger-pointing and chiding among employees are rampant. Tech support staff is great though.
Pros
Free snacks, good location, offices are comfortable and bright; tech support is great.
Cons
Management, management, management
Very stable employer.
Administrative Assistant and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 14, 2018
Never have to worry about a layoff or company-wide financial crisis. Lots of good people and generally great place to work, if you have to be a full time employee.
Pros
Huge company.
Cons
Huge company.
Easy going atmosphere, close knit group of employees
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 21, 2018
Easy going atmosphere, close knit group of employees; typical day is busy; learned a great deal about dealing with clients and regulatory agencies; good work culture, good people to work with; annual reporting is the most challenging part of the job; most enjoyable part of the job are the social functions of the group as a whole
Pros
no time clock watchers
Cons
low pay
2.89/5 place to work.
Environmental Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York StateApril 12, 2018
Immediate management was horrible, upper management was wonderful (not the norm). I was lucky to work for an amazing boss but my supervisor did not know how to supervise.
Excellent company, great upper management
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 14, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The management treat subordinates with respect and dignity. The work environment is very professional and people there are great to work with.
Pros
great professional atmosphere
Cons
not enough vacation days.
Fast paced and sometimes stressful work enviroment.
Sr engineering technician (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 14, 2018
Salary and benefits were above average but management has poor people skills with expectations that can be unreasonable. 60 hours a week was expected every week with little to no personal time allowed. Upon departure, over 300 plus hours of vacation accrual was left unpaid.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Good Place to Work
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 13, 2018
GHD has great management with flexible work schedules to accommodate families. I have worked there for over 9 years, but my career has seemed to stall and it is hard to advance to the next level.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Slow to advance from entry level
Collaborative and relaxed work environment
Air Quality Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 8, 2018
Break room with leisure activities to help and get mind off work after working on projects all day. Variety of different projects and industries that we consult with.
Ghd
Electrical and Instrument Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2017
The company was a medium sized company, focused on Oil and Gas Midstream. I was E&I manager for less than one year, relocated to Louisiana from Texas for a job change.

Want to know more about GHD?

Ask a question
very bad healthcare
Very Bad Management
chaotic work flow
too much bureaucracy
very bad decision making by all managment
Fine place to work if you want a desk job
Water Resources Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 4, 2017
Not at all what I expected as an environmental engineer. No field work, submittal reviews and a lot of administrative work rather than actual engineering for new engineers. Expect to work closer to 50 hours per week. Management is clueless.
It's a sweat shop
Senior Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2017
When I first came aboard, it was a great firm, but after they merged with an Australian company, the business model changed completely, and the owners were interested in bleeding their staff dry.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to count
Poor management
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 17, 2017
they offered good pay and benefits but not much work. poor management. micro managed, They made allot of promises when they hired me and they did not deliver.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no work
Pay is poor
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 16, 2017
GHD is a decent firm to work for right out of college for building a good solid base of knowledge and excellent mentoring. However, longevity is impacted due to their low salaries, small raises and slow advancement.
Pros
Lots of work, good mentoring
Cons
low salaries, small raises and slow advancement.
An okay company
Controls Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYSeptember 5, 2017
GHD is a quiet place with hardworking people who work consistent hours and do their job. It is a quiet place where billable work is everything. If there isn't enough billable work, people start getting scared of being laid off.
Great Work Environment
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2017
Great Work Environment and compensation. Benefits are great. Tons for work but you're never home. Management is supportive. Staff works well with each other, everyone helps out where they can.
Good small office atmosphere
engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 14, 2017
Small office working primarily for local industrial facilities, good work environment, flexible with time off, good client relationships which tends to lead to a low staff turnover rate.
Pros
steady work
Good career but moved on for better opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2017
Some days I was so busy putting together memorandums with my boss and engineers to where we would work fourteen hour shifts. After leaving GHD and going to Rexel, I regret my decision, because GHD is an overall good company to work for. Some days,, when there weren't any Emergency Responses or PO's to prepare for clients I would walk to other teams to see if the needed my assistance. The hardest part of the job was when they was no work, the most enjoyable would be formatting documents, I am a Microsoft expert so even people in our Arkansas office would send me documents to format before sending to the client.
Pros
Positive Atmosphere
Cons
Not challenging enough
productive workplace
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  长沙市July 27, 2017
Although I just have a short-term internship in GHD, I think this is a very good company. This is such a good atmosphere, the colleagues here taught me a lot and let me have an excellent experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GHD. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight