GHP Management

GHP Management Employee Reviews

United States49 reviews
GHP is a great company to work for if you are green to the property management business. I was able to get my foot in the door as a Service Technician ,growing my skillset and gaining more knowledge of the Technicians roll. It was a pleasure working with the team at The Colony.
This is the kind of company you use. For a job title, experience, and whatever money you can accumulate to get yourself ahead. They preach a lot about being a “family” and providing good customer care but when you peel off the mask, they are about themselves and their money. So you have to be. I wouldn’t really make this the long term job of your dreams. It’s clicky, strange, management for the most part is not good, they make it sound like they are willing to hear you out but it’s political. Nothing ever gets done As far as addressing any concerns you may have because it’s not about you or your growth. This is not a “family” it’s a JOB. Never forget that. Smile, do your work and go home while looking for a better opportunity because this place is not it!!! Not even for the tenants!!
Pros
They have decent benefits. Some people are genuinely nice.
Cons
Really care about people and don’t just say you do.
GHP was a great place to work. I recommend this company to job seekers. The company is mostly in LA county. I wish they had properties in Riverside county as well.
Pros
Great communities
Cons
Only in LA counties.
Property management is a difficult career choice but has its rewards. GHP recognized hard work and dedication and constantly promotes from within. Regional managers are very supportive.
GHP is a company who takes care of their managers & leaves the technicians and porters out to dry. The district managers do not care for feedback and will pretend to listen about issues going on within buildings.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Very easy, enjoyable company to work for.
I would recommend working for them because they are very nice, and help you with anything you do not understand.
Pros
Being around the pool
Cons
Taking swim test every Wednesday
I started with zero experience in the industry and was able to work my way into management and gain the experience necessary ro make this my career. There has been a change in leadership that has allowed the culture to be less toxic and more growth based.
GHP management is established to manage their own apartments. when I was still there, they have a great working environment. they encourage their employee to practice good ideas, which helps me learned a lot.
Nice place to work thank you GHP for being so nice I’m really joining working with GHP you have everything you need or everything you ask nice with resident and with employees
Bad experiences all lies to keep you going promised so much and when you meet the criteria they shoot you down so you go home to tell your family they said many next time and again next time all the same
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GHP Management?
Good job good company good hours good benefit understanding managers and flexible incase if needed a special day off from work really good company to work for
Was an overall good experience beautiful prestigious property structured and professional management and employees a great place to work overall u have to have experience going in because they will put u to the test
Pros
U have a wonderful team to assist you
Cons
Alot of hard work
This was a great experience. Awesome culture great management and very supportive colleagues. It hurt for me to give my resignation letter. I plan to apply again.
Although I was late to work because of my living situation (homelessness) I would show up late from time to time but the management worked with me alot until corporate couldn't ignore it anymore even tho I did on several occasions mention hey I am a homeless employee I'm sure I qualify for a employee discount it will definitely solve my tardiness problem and I was given nothing but excuses over and over until I was fired for attendance so make of that what you will but other than that it's a great place to work as long as you don't genuinely need help that they are capable of giving I hope this helps.
Pros
Working
Cons
Misleading
If you are looking for a fast pace job with high demand and high expectations this is the place for you. You will be challenged on the daily by goals, residents and reports.
Pros
Benifiets are good.
Cons
Lack of care and support.
I never worked at GHP but I live in a building that they manage. They are the worst company I have ever come across and i have travelled and lived in many countries. In three years none of the many many people who have worked in the leasing offices and resident services have lasted more than a year but one!!! I had gotten to know many of them and they were stressed and unhappy.

GHP even treats us residents who are paying clients like dirt so I can imagine what it would be like as as employee. They have the capability to reduce one to less than zero even when the incident is their fault. Friends have small issues at their apartments and their building management gives them a month free, we have big issues and are displaced from our homes but GHP charges us even more and treats us like dirt.

All in all, there is something very wrong with this company! Usually when employees behave as such, the behavior it's transferred from upper management.

Be careful!
En general fue una buena experiencia, mis colaboradores siempre estaban dispuestos a formar equipo para hacer las cosas mas sencillas y agradables. Reuniones diarias en donde podia enterarme de las ultimas dispociciones de la compañia, en general todo agradable, y siempre con la disponibilidad de degustar una buena tasa de cafe durante la reunion.
Pros
401 K, seguro medico gratis, dental, y vision.
Cons
Mi presupuesto es mayor que my entrada (bajo salario)
the on boarding make it seem like training is very structured and it isn't. when i got to my property, i kinda had to figure everything out myself. the company offers benefits, but never tells u when u qualify for them. health insurance kicks in after 90 days, your also suppose to get 525 dollars for a uniform, i was here 7 months before receiving mine. after 6 months you can have a 401k the company will match u at 3 % after 6 months, also took like 7-8 months to get set up. the offer a housing discount of 20% sometime. it depends on your property. they talk about having a high promotion rate. but i have yet to see that to be true.
Very busy offices, many daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly reports, attempts are being made to create a culture of "we care" and there have been great strides made. The changes aren't happening at the top which can be discouraging. Other onsite employees are friendly and help each other when needed. Very big on promoting from within. Beginning to develop policies and processes. Regional Managers are under a lot of pressure and it is very obvious.
Pros
Internal Promotion, medical benefits
Cons
Inconsistant, lack of accountability, a lot of blame
Working for GHP Management was an experience I won't forget. The hiring staff and CEO company/owner are amazing, however the management Depending on what location you start at can be a little of an challenge. But overall the company has great program for any employee who desires to work for them.
Pros
Work Schedule and benefits are great.
Cons
Some Management can be a little tricky and lack support.
very busy. professional work place. offered many incentives.
a positive place to work and to move up in management.

very supportive structure from main office
Pros
tive work place
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GHP Management. Our community is ready to answer.