Giant Eagle, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,511 reviews matching the search See all 2,514 reviews
Good
Cashier/ Customer Service & Cash Office (Former Employee) –  1000 E Dublin-Grandville RdSeptember 18, 2018
It was a good place to work gave me a lot of great work experience only thing is my attendance when I was pregnant I got terminated but they waited until a month after they terminated me to actually fire me even after I was approved for maternity leave witch I worked up until 3 days before I had my son.
Poor Choice
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PASeptember 17, 2018
I worked there for years , little raises, the max any employee received was $10.10 and they claim there's plenty of room for advancement but really don't care if you want to or not.
If you are a lone wolf, work here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHSeptember 16, 2018
Otherwise, if you are extroverted, avoid. Everyone seems to hate each other, and they take it out on the customers. The customers are almost thirsty for a friendly cashier, so at first, if you are just a normal nice person, they will shower you with compliments. Afterwards, you'll find every customer comes down your line because everyone else is a grouch.
Pros
Great manager. 15 minute break for 4 hours, another 15 minute break after 6 hours
Cons
Inefficient
Former Employee's history
Food Server, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15232September 15, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of pulling beer from the dock, stocked said cases, and when needed to run the register. By the end of the night we were also required to clean and take out the trash from the cafe close by. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was the diversity of food-stuffs, and beer/wine they had at my location.
A clean and organized environment to work in.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, PA 15301September 14, 2018
Highly enjoy my time with this company. They really work with you for flexibility with your schedule the benefits and 401k match are great. You work in a face pace environment. Which I enjoy.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion, Christmas party
Cons
No advancement in the pharmacy
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 14, 2018
It was a bad experience. Store is understaffed, managers are not properly trained. It seemed like they would promote anybody just to fill positions. Pay is below all other retail jobs. You only get around 21 to 25 hours a week. It seemed like they have no real vision for a future. Can do better
Cons
pay, staffing, managers, hours
Good
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHSeptember 13, 2018
It was good. Some people are very judgemental. Customers are pleasant for the most part. Need longer breaks and better discounts on all products not just giant eagle brand or market district.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short breaks
Friendly and learning environment
Gourmet Chef (Current Employee) –  Calcutta, OHSeptember 12, 2018
I have worked here for 5 years and have learned a lot. They are good at letting you know that you are appreciated. They're raises are small. The schedule is flexible.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Raises are small to
It's a job
Meat Manager (Current Employee) –  North Royalton, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Standard grocery store ran from corporate offices. Hours are tight and not much skilled help. People are part time until about 2 years in. Skilled trades are full time.
Pros
Full time, medical insurance
Cons
Inconsistent schedule, very few raises
enjoyed job
Customer Service cash office (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 11, 2018
enjoyed working with the people around me.learn a lot of new things that helped mt role in advancing jobs in the store and for other jobs i have worked at.hardest part of jobs was keeping up with 4 departments at a time.i liked with my manager and working with people.
Pros
having benefits and good people to work with
Cons
not enough help to run a store right
Worked here right out of high school
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Goucher St Johnstown paSeptember 10, 2018
I was always busy and the day went quickly. I was a cashier and when we were not busy cleaned, stocked shelves, and put things away such as restocking. I was also trained for lottery and customer service.
Fast Paced and Simple
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHSeptember 9, 2018
I worked with great people and loved the environment. They were very flexible with working around my schedule. I would get there early in the morning to help set up for the day. Took the expired product off the tables, then started packing the rotating product. Greet customers. It was very fast paced which I loved because it made the day go by fast. The hardest part was when working by myself at the busiest part of the day.
GetGo Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dover ohioSeptember 8, 2018
Good job lots of benefits. Always training to improve yourself . Worked for them 11 years and a total of 40 in the business. Was a great place to work .
Pros
Good benefits
Almost all regulars
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  West Newton, PASeptember 8, 2018
The same crowd of people came in around the same day of day to purchase the same things. Variety of items to choose from. Constantly striving to keep up with or beat the competition.
Great company
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHSeptember 8, 2018
The company it's self was good to work for. The hours worked to my benefit but I wish I was given the opportunity to do more. But working with the staff I did for the time there was great.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hours
Great coworkers and management
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 5, 2018
I would still be here if not for a family emergency. It was one of the few companies left in the area with union support and a chance to retire. Pay was solid for my position (graveyard shift stock clerk), and benefits were good. Highly recommended.
Pros
Discount on store brands, union, benefits
Terrible pay, No FT, stressful environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Schedules sucked, no full time, no over time, no advancement opportunities, holidays mandatory, very busy and very stressful, very low pay. Paid weekly.
Fast paced each day has a different challenge.
Meatcutter (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHSeptember 3, 2018
The meat department is not unlike all other meat departments in the grocery business. I enjoy meeting new people and giving good customer service. I also enjoy building a customer base with those who I have waited on for years.sharing cooking advice is something I can do, since it is my hobby.
Pros
Employe discount. Flexible schedule.
Would not reccomend.
Grocery Clerk, maintenance, central supply order. (Former Employee) –  Glenshaw, PASeptember 2, 2018
Very poor employer to work for. Nepotism, no recognition, for shills or ability. Lots of employees with issues. Unqualified managers. Lots of attitude. Culture overall not conducive to team effort. People with many years with this company who have bad work habits,and being paid high wages for them .
Pros
Cons
many
Could have been better.
Bakery (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 1, 2018
Management was the worse expect for my supervisor and basically if management didn't like you they would tell you straight to your face and not care because you were replaceable.