Giant Eagle, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,638 reviews matching the search See all 2,641 reviews
Convenient Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poland, OHNovember 19, 2018
Giant Eagle is a fast pace place to work. It has very little training to offer. They don't keep part time people for very long. They like to hire younger staff.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Low pay.
the place is a friendly welcoming place for customer and people that work there
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 16, 2018
Giant eagle is a great place to work and shop because every employee are very friendly and welcoming.to all customer. they always have a positive vibe.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PANovember 15, 2018
A typical day at work is going to your area and finding out what needs to be restocked or what more items need to be out. I learned that again, hard work pays off. The hardest part of the job is trying to please the customers and trying to get things done, that need to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is lunch breaks and leaving to go home.
Pros
15 Minute lunch Break
Cons
No free lunches
Not for someone who likes to be happy on the job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHNovember 15, 2018
It was very stressful. I didn't fit in with the other employees in my area so that wasn't fun. The customers were snooty. The HR manager wasn't very nice at all.
Pros
Easy access to food, in the middle of town
Cons
Poor management, poor work environment
Average company
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASH OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
Challenging and stressful. It was a new company coming into the metro area and the organization seems to be a bit chaotic and seemed to change vision often.
Great starter job and beyond
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PANovember 11, 2018
I started working here while in high school my senior year. The customers I had really helped me become not such a shy person. They were normally very kind people and most were regulars that you'd build a relationship with and you sometimes felt like you were a part of their family.
Cons
Pay kinda stinks
Run of the mill workplace
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Finleyville, PANovember 9, 2018
A smooth flowing work environment surrounded by nice and helpful co-workers with all kinds of backgrounds. Management is OK. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people in your community if they need anything.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 8, 2018
I Have never worked at a job before that I actually enjoy coming to. I have met alot of people and its a fun environment. All of my coworkers are nice and fun, and my managers make it fun also.
Pros
Free insurance at part time, managers are awesome
Cons
No sick time when part time
great
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHNovember 8, 2018
Great people to work with and customers. Great atmosphere. Very understanding and supportive I was pregnant. Flexible hours. Paid breaks. And the manager was great
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
making me lift 50 pnd bags while prpregnout
These people are perpetual LIARS!
Night Crew Floor (Former Employee) –  Sarver, PA 16055November 5, 2018
They offered me a job blocking and tagging, But on the first day they gave me a different job. Cleaning the entire floor of the store ( two man job ) with broken down machines and equipment. And kept changing their story almost every time I asked a question.
Pros
2 fifteen minute breaks
Cons
No 30 minute break.
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 3, 2018
We always had fun and worked as a team. You were appreciated and noticed for a job well done. Everyone knew everyone and loved the customers. I always enjoyed going to work.
Pros
See notes
Cons
See notes
High school job
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 3, 2018
This job is more for a high school student looking to make a little money. No adult is going to make money working at Giant Eagle and able to pay your bills. Hours are very low and pay is low
Cons
pay, hours
Nice benefits
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, OHNovember 2, 2018
Hours awful pointed for being late when doors locked and can't get in or pointed for not staying exactly 8 hrs.because you were 2 min late and didn't stay 2 min over Pointed for being late while in line for time clock forced to buy expensive shoes out of there catalog for work. Forced to pay union dues or get fired for not being a union employee ..OT forget it you will be chewed out and forced to leave at 40 hrs. Then pointed for leaving early chewed out because others left you a mess and you stayed over to clean it then your told to leave early what an endless cycle or your directed to clock out and clean because OT is not allowed two 15 min breaks a day that's it unless you want a unpaid lunch don't clock in late from your break which took you 10 min to walk outside and 2 for the actual break
Terrible place with nice forced upon you union benefits
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks bad management
Good company to work for
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Canal Fulton, OHNovember 2, 2018
If you don't mind stocking shelves, bagging, and working at a fast pace, Giant Eagle can be a fun place to work. Having better benefits would be nice.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Fast paced
N/a
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Titusville, PANovember 2, 2018
While working at giant eagle, I met very good people and coworkers, made good bonds with customers creating good customer return. On the administration side I find there are some things that are lacking and tying our hands in regards to hours and such.
union job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHNovember 1, 2018
hours all over place can't get in full time. management very poor. Fun working with public . Union backed weekly pay . GET EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE DIDCOUNT
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Cant get in full time
Best Place
Cashier/Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PANovember 1, 2018
I loved wring here and wished I could have been here longer. This was a job I looked forward to every day with a smile on my face. Management was awesome and just the store in general was amazing.
typical day
Shopping carts/stock/bagger (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 1, 2018
i worked doing shopping carts and when we would rotate, i would come in to do some bagging, then go do stock if i was being asked to do so. its a job but i recommend it if you are trying to get your feet wet, as i wouldnt make a career out of retail.
Pros
customers, and co workers
Cons
management sucked and so did with the demand.
Stressful
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 1, 2018
I found it to overall to be stressful. Management whether by fault of their own or not do not listen to your needs. Whenever there was a situation that was beyond your control, they wound still demand you solve it eventhough you are powerless to change the situation.
good starting or side job
MEAT SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHOctober 31, 2018
typical day started refreshing and restocking the showcase and coolers. assisting customers in selecting and finding products, as well as giving cooking and preparation advice
Pros
good work family balance
Cons
low hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giant Eagle, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Giant Eagle, Inc..

Powered by Comparably