Giant Eagle, Inc.

United States3,458 reviews
Found 3,458 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Giant Eagle, Inc. selected this as a representative review
I worked here 25 years, loved working with the other employees and customers, very friendly. Great place for advancement. It was a great place to learn new things on a daily basis.
January 9, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and for 25 years of service! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time working for Giant Eagle!
Salaried Managers Work A Lot
The company is investing a lot of time & energy to develop their people. They are sustainable and they are always hiring people. The 401k plan is awesome!
Pros
Job security
Cons
You may work a lot as a manager
A fun and caring workplace that fills you with a sense of accomplishment
A typical day would include me answering the questions to problems and concerns with customers. It would also include auditing/balancing registers at the end of the night, along with making cash and check deposits. The management was and is very friendly and easy to work for. They really made the work environment feel like a family. It was very rewarding getting to help the public. The hardest part of the job to me was working with the lottery, as in playing lottery numbers for customers.
Over all i was good when i was there
The people that was there with me they all were nice and easy to get along to work with. I am grateful to offer had the opportunity to be able to work at giant eagle. I learn more in a month than most other jobs.
Pros
Positive people that work there
Cons
i dont like how we start out on part time
Not at all a bad place to work
I worked at Giany Eagle for 3 years. Nothing really bad to sad about it, easy to advance in and very flexible in day to day life. Management is quite polite and easy to work with, and generally everyone you will encounter will be polite.
June 1, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you had a positive experience working for Giant Eagle!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Customer service
Provide high tier service for a large market district food chain. Work with customers with any concerns or questions on the products as well as incoming calls from customers with questions or concerns
Employees need to be treated fairly in wages and in general.
I do like my job, but there are changes going on that I do not like and am not happy anymore. I am ready for a change. The hours I work are fine. The hardest part is dealing with customers and current changes in the department.
June 1, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear about the changes in your department. We would suggest reaching out to your leader or your HR representative to discuss the matter. There may be opportunities for you to explore other areas of the Company, as well!
Overall excellent place to work, great management, varied projects and work tasks. both planned and ad-hoc work completed, culture is friendly and no part of the work here is difficult.
May 21, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear you feel supported and enjoy the projects/work you are tasked with! Thank you for your ongoing commitment to supporting our internal customers.
Giant Eagle is a great place to work.
Working as a Giant Eagle Cashier taught me how to make customers and employers happy and how to meet work criteria. I learned how to handle currency correctly.
May 21, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled you had a productive learning experience during your time as a Cashier with us!
Easy
wish the pay was more competitive. Easy job, but demanding on your back. Most people who work at Giant Eagle are outcast so if you have some education and can think on your own, advancement is pretty simple.
Fun and Productive environment
At Getgo I really enjoyed the coworkers and managers that worked with me. They gave me the materials I needed to do my job effectively. They gave adequate breaks and they'll give you time off if you need it.
May 18, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you had a positive experience working for GetGo!
A joke
The job is a joke. Your over worked and underpaid and the management sucks. Inconsiderate management on third shift. Doesn’t care if you have children or any type of life outside of work. I would never recommend working here. You get a point for every little thing even breathing wrong.
Great Management and Active Position
I moved into this position looking for something interesting and more engaging. Being a curbside shopper allowed me to be constantly moving and thinking. My managers were encouraging and kind while the environment was very welcoming and like a family.
May 18, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you felt supported during your time with Giant Eagle!
No care for employees well-being.
The company is privately owned and only cares about profits. The 10% employee discount is pointless. The company has massive turnover after trying to expand too fast.
May 18, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience working for Market District. Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the Team Member discount and turnover. We will be sure to share your concerns with the appropriate team.
Entry level job-Horrible management
favoritism is very apparant in the workplace here. The front end manager runs her department on her emotions and not with sense. I enjoyed working with the public though.
Great benefits, but awful working conditions
Pros:
Amazing Benefits

Very flexible hours

Cons:

Always short-staffed (Prepared to get blamed for it too by customers)

Very few hours some weeks

Ignorant scheduling (Prepare to close and then open a few times a month if you have open availability.

There were some weeks (even after working there for 10+ years) where I would only get scheduled 16 hours when I had a completely open availability and could work 40 hours.
Pros
benefits, flexible hours
Cons
short-staffed, few hours, ignorant scheduling
managers were always helping and its a good place to work
everyone worked as a team its a great place to work i think you will enjoy

working there and learning new skills and making new friends

i worked at the chagrin falls and then at beechwood at the l. villiage

you know what to do every day you work at a good pace and its fun and

helping customers is a good feeling

i like working there i learned alot about differant thinks like decorating cakes

to wrapping meat and working in seafood i never worked with fish i learn

alot about fish and foods i learned to cook they saw that i could do these things and it made me feel good

everyone works together as we work as a team that is a good feeling people help each other thur the day to make sure the customer is getting the best product and the fresh and good

the company makes sure we have good pay i feel they were there for us and were understanding the needs we needed .

i think you will like working there and you will be happy you have went there to work.

you can move up to management if you want to just apply for the job and see the company works with you to see if you are the right person for this role.
Decent choice for part-time work
Giant Eagle provides decent benefits for employees that have been there for longer than a year, but the pay is outclassed by most other companies in the area. Management varies wildly by location, and as managers are frequently moved from store to store, it can flip between a decent place to work with a good environment to a really terrible one with little consistency at most of the stores. Sometimes they get extremely demanding when it comes to work-load, and other times your hours get reduced to as low as they can put them. If you are willing to put up with fluctuations in hours and difficulty of your job, then Giant Eagle is a fair choice, just do not expect anything above most other retailers, as Giant Eagle does not really do any better or worse than the others as far as the job is concerned.
Pros
Guaranteed breaks based on shift length, free healthcare from the union, straightforward work
Cons
Major variance in management, hours occassionally dip very low, pay is not competitive with others in the area
Great
Enjoyed the team, and the managers good place for a kid looking for a job. Awesome atmosphere enjoyable customer service and again awesome management.
A place to remember.
I still remember many of my customers and how much I loved working here. I would always make sure everything was in order and keep everything stocked. My customers remembered me, even those that did not come there often. It left an impact on me and taught me many valuable skills.
You get gift cards for appreciation of your work.
Good training and support but not flexible hours.

I enjoyed working here and there is a reasonable pay rate per hour. The Magnament works excellently!

You get to work in different environment during your shift.

You get 3 breaks. Two 15 minutes paid and one 30 minutes lunch not paid.
April 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying being part of the Giant Eagle family!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giant Eagle, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Giant Eagle, Inc..