Giant Eagle, Inc.

Cashier492 reviews
United States492 reviews
Featured review
Giant Eagle, Inc. selected this as a representative review
I worked here 25 years, loved working with the other employees and customers, very friendly. Great place for advancement. It was a great place to learn new things on a daily basis.
January 9, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and for 25 years of service! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time working for Giant Eagle!
It was excellent. I really enhoyed working there and would livw to go back. The manager was awdaome and realky understanding. We were a family. I loved all my coworkers
July 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear you had a positive experience working for Giant Eagle!
I’ve worked most of my life as a CNA I was working as a cashier at giant eagle for 7 months. It wasn’t a bad job but it wasn’t what I wanted forever. Hours are all over the place and minimum wage is not for me.
Pros
Got experience in cashier
Cons
Pay rates and hours
July 13, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We always strive to pay a competitive wage for our Team Members. We will be sure to share your concerns regarding rate of pay and hours with the appropriate teams.
I’m part time, and at my location here’s how breaks work.
6 hours and less is 1 break

Over 6 hours is 2 breaks

You only get a meal time if you’re a minor.

You are expected to stand the entire time you are working, whether it’s with a customer, sanitizing, or helping another cashier bag.

They are fairly flexible with hours, if you request a day off at least 2 weeks in advance.

If you want something temporary, you could continue to look at working here, however if you want to stay at one place, I would look elsewhere.

Not very competitive in terms of growing management skills.
Cons
Breaks, meals
Management sucks. If they dont like you they make it very hard to work. H R only takes the management side. They think every body is a fool.They have their little circles and if you aren't in it they make it very hard for you. And it seems like they keep moving up.CEO's need to take a good look at their managers in all departments.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Adult bulling
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
The pharmacy manager is rude and nasty, and a bully he runs the pharmacy like a jail make sure your ready to jump when he says so and do things his way or else
Absolutely the most miserable place to work. My time at Getgo was short but what an eye opener. It was a revolving door with employees. Hours were always getting cut. I think they have a motto "We don't make money so cut hours". You will probably do the jobs of three people, Once you see the corporate greed this company has you'll understand why they keep cutting hours.
Not bad for a first job. It was fun and you interact with a lot of people. Not job for those who don’t enjoy working with the public or anyone who can’t be cheerful and friendly regardless of their mood.
The people I worked with were very friendly, and I had good work relationships with all of them. We still chat when I go there to shop. My manager was always ready to help me, and gave me guidance when I needed it
June 8, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear you had a positive experience with your fellow Team Members and Leaders!
Working as a Giant Eagle Cashier taught me how to make customers and employers happy and how to meet work criteria. I learned how to handle currency correctly.
May 21, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled you had a productive learning experience during your time as a Cashier with us!
Productive working, happiness and smiling. typically the same thing everyday until you deal with some unhappy customers. i enjoyed my job no matter what day or time i was starting or ending
Giant Eagle is a great company to work for as a part time employee or to advance as a full time career
Management overall cares for their employees.Team members were hard workers as well.
April 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us!
I'll start by saying working at getgo isn't for everybody. It more for people who can't find a real job. Definitely understaffed. You will be doing the job of two people. When Covid-19 hot he company bragged about giving all of it's employees raises for coming to work during the pandemic but what they failed to tell you was they would be cutting employees work hours so the raise won't allow you to make more money. Wasn't worth the risk working so I left. Once thing I learned in the few months I worked at getgo it's not about you its about the company.
I really like working there. I drive over 2 mountains to work for just 1 day a week , my choice, and i work 2 other jobs also. It is a friendly environment. To me, there is nothing hard about my job! If you need help, just ask, and someone there will help you. Most of my customers are regulars, and I love making them laugh!
A typical workday was straightforward and fairly relaxed. Co-workers were kind and helpful, and many of the managers were understanding and had excellent leadership skills. I, personally, enjoyed meeting customers and assisting them.
The pleasure of helping ensure that consumers and delivery personnel are completely satisfied with their service.

The hardest part of the job was stocking merchandise to high level shelves.
I love to work here everyone is so nice and it's a family feel more than it is co-workers feel there. I would highly recommend working here for anyone.
First off all jobs are just part time and the maximum hours your will receive is between 20 and 22. The company tries to make it seem like you are working at a high tech company. They like to refer to employees as "Gogetters and Rockstars". Give me break. The store was so understaffed you will have to work alone while opening and closing the store. It was a very unsafe feeling when you are alone in the store. Seems like they have no standards on who they hire. When your desperate for employees you will hirer anybody who applies.
February 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your concerns. We will be sure to share your concerns regarding availability of hours and staffing with the appropriate teams, and we will look for opportunities to make improvements in the future.
As a cashier you'll be standing a lot. You have to check out items in a certain time and you're timed on your Os machine so if its busy it can be stressful trying to keep up.
It's alright. The management could be way better. Customer service is good. Organization skills could be better too. Some workers could use a background and drug screening.
The store is very updated now and yet the staff seems very at ease with the transition of the store. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Very easy company to work for
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giant Eagle, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Giant Eagle, Inc..
Career recommendations for Cashier
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more