Giant Eagle, Inc.

Customer Service Associate / Cashier180 reviews
United States180 reviews
Featured review
Giant Eagle, Inc. selected this as a representative review
I worked here 25 years, loved working with the other employees and customers, very friendly. Great place for advancement. It was a great place to learn new things on a daily basis.
January 9, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and for 25 years of service! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time working for Giant Eagle!
I love working here, it’s such a fun and open workplace. Most of the employees are very conversive and friendly, but some of the coordinators can be a bit grouchy and stuck up.
July 30, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying being part of the Giant Eagle family!
my hours were cut all the time, and no raises. Didn't like it. Good for a teen I guess. And no benefits. No room for growth. Or anything. Wouldn't recommend at all.
July 13, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We always strive to provide a positive work experience for our Team Members, and we are sorry to hear you did not have that experience. We will share your concerns with the appropriate teams and look for opportunities to make improvements in the future.
At Getgo I really enjoyed the coworkers and managers that worked with me. They gave me the materials I needed to do my job effectively. They gave adequate breaks and they'll give you time off if you need it.
May 18, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you had a positive experience working for GetGo!
Giant Eagle overall is a great place to work, as it has a great environment, great team members, and great leadership. Anyone who is thinking about working here, it is Highly recommended.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I love working there its a fun place to be its like having a family outside the family. works with additional work schedules. open door policy for problems
It was a well maintained job everyone stayed on task everyone was respectful and I like the hours and the way we get specific days off I would love to work there again
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours
Giant eagle is always busy and shorthanded which cause customers to be angry a lot of times. Management was not.always willing to help and rarely had enough people schduled.
Perfect first job experience.very nice coworkers and management was very orderly. Customers were always nice to employees. Only been there for a few months until I moved back to Florida.
February 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your experience working for Giant Eagle!
A very fast pace job. Paid fair. Really enjoyed working for this company. would of liked to advance more in the company. however better jobs came about.
February 17, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with Giant Eagle. We will share your feedback regarding opportunities to advance within the Company with the appropriate team.
Work environment was lackluster along with management. Didn't feel safe leaving the store either to go home at night or even go on breaks. Job hours wasn't flexible either.
In today's world, there isn't a strong connection between faces and conversation. When you work in a business that is devoted to making a positive attitude toward work and toward customer happiness, you gain a sense of belonging. Learning to make grumpy people smile is a skill you receive whenever you work here
I rather talk in person. If you have any more questions please email me or give me a call. Again I feel more comfortable we talk in person. Have a good day.
They are willing to work with people's busy life schedules, whether it be with multiple jobs, schooling or family care. They make sure that everyone is on the same page, and that no one gets left behind.
The management here was okay. They were pretty nice. It's a good job if you like to work with people. The hours and pay are good if you are still in high school.
January 16, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear you felt the hours were accommodating to your school schedule.
Giant Eagle involves a work environment where one has the opportunity to work with and serve members of their community. The opportunity is there to meet new people, and find ways to enjoy coming to a work setting
Pros
rewards for positive attitudes, lockers to keep personal items in
Cons
short breaks
January 13, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are so happy to hear you enjoy having the opportunity to serve members of your community.
I received a crash course in customer service where I honed my skills. It's a stable company that offered a flexible and reliable schedule around my school hours. They also make sure that their employees are well trained and if they are falling behind on something they retrain them in certain subjects they are lacking on to make sure they are well equipped to do their job.
This review is to warn everyone that Giant Eagle is a very dysfunctional company. 6 months after hire, I was cussed out at by one of my managers. After transferring to Kingsdale, and working till this past June, management wrongfully fired me for selling alcohol to a minor accidentally, only to find out that it was a sting done by the state. After being reinstated, I was therefore fired a 2nd time for a missing cellphone.
I would not recommend anyone working at giant eagle. They don't follow policy and they play favorites with others. Managers don't do anything but sit in there office
When I worked at Get Go and Giant eagle I worked as a cashier/gas attendant. I loved the customers and employees I worked with. I wish I could work there again.
I really enjoyed my time at giant eagle..
I will definitely work their again.

Customers are very friendly and greeting

Giant eagle felt like I always had family around.

It felt good to know customers recognize you
November 14, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time working for Giant Eagle & enjoyed working with your fellow Team Members while getting to know our guests!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giant Eagle, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Giant Eagle, Inc..
Career recommendations for Customer Service Associate / Cashier
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Customer Service Associate / Cashier in US