Giant Eagle, Inc.

Customer Service Representative174 reviews
United States174 reviews
Featured review
Giant Eagle, Inc. selected this as a representative review
I worked here 25 years, loved working with the other employees and customers, very friendly. Great place for advancement. It was a great place to learn new things on a daily basis.
January 9, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and for 25 years of service! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time working for Giant Eagle!
When I first started at Giant Eagle, I really enjoyed my job. It was fun, exciting, and challenging. Over the past 10 years, things have drastically changed. I absolutely dread going to work every day. The Team Members are way underpaid for the amount of work that they do on a daily basis outside of their normal daily responsibilities (taking on responsibilities of other departments). The stores are way understaffed because nobody wants to work for the amount of pay offered. Hours are constantly being cut further and further each week. It is almost impossible to run a dept and expect to complete tasks, provide excellent service, and have a smile on your face. If you like very high stress levels, no proper training, no family life, low pay, no "pats on the back" for a great job, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Great Team Members
Cons
Underpaid for amount of work.
A typical day would include me answering the questions to problems and concerns with customers. It would also include auditing/balancing registers at the end of the night, along with making cash and check deposits. The management was and is very friendly and easy to work for. They really made the work environment feel like a family. It was very rewarding getting to help the public. The hardest part of the job to me was working with the lottery, as in playing lottery numbers for customers.
June 4, 2020
Thank you for your feedback and for your ongoing commitment to our guests! We're thrilled to hear you enjoy being part of the Giant Eagle family!
Provide high tier service for a large market district food chain. Work with customers with any concerns or questions on the products as well as incoming calls from customers with questions or concerns
Giant Eagle provides decent benefits for employees that have been there for longer than a year, but the pay is outclassed by most other companies in the area. Management varies wildly by location, and as managers are frequently moved from store to store, it can flip between a decent place to work with a good environment to a really terrible one with little consistency at most of the stores. Sometimes they get extremely demanding when it comes to work-load, and other times your hours get reduced to as low as they can put them. If you are willing to put up with fluctuations in hours and difficulty of your job, then Giant Eagle is a fair choice, just do not expect anything above most other retailers, as Giant Eagle does not really do any better or worse than the others as far as the job is concerned.
Pros
Guaranteed breaks based on shift length, free healthcare from the union, straightforward work
Cons
Major variance in management, hours occassionally dip very low, pay is not competitive with others in the area
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
My experience is gonna come to an end because of their way they treat people that have inner issues at first it was great I enjoyed the people I worked with but then it changed
You get trained to do part of the job and then you are put on the phones with very little help and very little support. Schedule is crazy and the phones never stop ringing. You work early, late, holidays overtime and everything in between. The staff are not very professional. Lots of things go on there that should not and no one cares. I really expected more in a corporate office. The entire experience was terribly disappointing.
Very friendly coworkers, management wasn’t helpful. Customers complained about the managers. Workers got work done. The daily goals were achieved always
It's a job. That's all there really is to it. They do give health care and have a union at my location. But other then that it's pretty stressful. Do not reccomend.
When I first started working there in 2006 it was a good place to work,great for college kids. I'm glad I found a better job. The pay is good and everyone is nice and Friendly
Very highschool environment, unfair treatment, and a lot is expected from the worker, no set schedule and mangers that lack intelligence/ experience. Often times you will feel bullied and will be told what you can and cannot say.
This was sometimes a fun place to work. Customer service can be stressful at times but in general people were nice and formed work friendships with many customers.
Pros
Discounts for employees
Cons
Standing for 8 hours, only two 15 minute beeaks in 8 hours.
October 24, 2019
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoyed working with your fellow Team Members. We will be sure to share your concerns regarding standing for 8 hours and only having two 15 minutes breaks with the appropriate teams.
Giant Eagle is a great company and this is a really great location. Great team. Nice environment. It's your typical retailer. Once Obamacare took over, everyone was cut down to less than 34 hours and no healthcare was offered.
Pros
Nice location. Great team.
Cons
Only part time
Slow paced until it's busy. Then it can be a mess but nothing too bad. Management mostly okay and pretty organized. Decent culture and many people stay here for a while.
Pros
Discounts and breaks.
Cons
Boring
Enjoyed working there for about a month. Then after moving up the job became very stressful. This company loves to cut hours giving you no help. Then your left with the already ignorant and rude customers becoming more angry because they have no one to open more registers. Hire up managers do not care that you are struggling. They have a panic attack when corporate comes in. Always pushing more for no pay. The employees for the most part were great and some customers nice but for the most part stay away.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
short breaks, over worked, under payed
I worked for Giant Eagle for fifteen years and over the past few the company has really changed. We had very little help and would not get breaks. It became too much for me.
Good job for short term not always good for long term part time hours vary greatly and full time all over the map expected to work a lot of close/open
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Not always great management
Good first job for work life balance especially when in school. The evenings and weekends did work out great. The management was not always understanding for flexible with work schedules.
It used to be a great place to work. Things have changed and it's gone downhill. I really do enjoy working there but it's getting stressful and unfair.
Inconsistent work weeks and job advancement, pay increases do not happen and management is negligent to solve easy issues at hand. I wanted to get off of night shift and it was not an option.
fast-paced grocery store. need to be flexible with scheduling. managers will work if possible for scheduling problems. have an open mind related to customer service
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giant Eagle, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Career recommendations for Customer Service Representative
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Customer Service Representative in US