Giant Eagle, Inc.

Pharmacy Technician186 reviews
United States186 reviews
Featured review
Giant Eagle, Inc. selected this as a representative review
I worked here 25 years, loved working with the other employees and customers, very friendly. Great place for advancement. It was a great place to learn new things on a daily basis.
January 9, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and for 25 years of service! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time working for Giant Eagle!
Worked at fresh food manufacturing building in Freedom, PA. Management is absolutely terrible. They play favorites, lie about helping staff with issues, focus on little things instead of the big picture. And with the COVID cases, were not going to tell people about half of the cases in the building because the department I was in didnt "need to know because its on the other side of the building." HR is worthless because if you have a problem with management, its swept under the rug. No one is there to help you. Everything they tell you is a lie!
The company offers a great benefits package for full time team members and pays decent enough however management and corporate can’t seem to keep anything straight. They change the rules on a daily basis. They don’t really care about the wellbeing of their employees.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Everything else
July 20, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear about the confusion between our management and corporate teams. We will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate group and look for opportunities to bring more consistency to our Pharmacy Team Members.
Good training and support but not flexible hours.

I enjoyed working here and there is a reasonable pay rate per hour. The Magnament works excellently!

You get to work in different environment during your shift.

You get 3 breaks. Two 15 minutes paid and one 30 minutes lunch not paid.
April 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying being part of the Giant Eagle family!
Loved my guests and my job and would work there again
The company structure is good

Pharmacy technicians are salary capped

HR could be better managed
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great job to start if your looking into getting into pharmacy or looking to go to school for pharmacy. Pay is not the best for all we do. Co workers and management are great.
The work is fine, it's medium to light labor, and the co-workers tend to be nice people. This company however wants to squeeze all the labor hours out of you that it can, and if you have an emergency or something of the like, they don't care. It got only a little bit better before I left, but they're still pretty merciless about taking most of your life. Especially if you're on night shift.
The company doesn't pay you what you're worth and management at the particular store is hated by basically everyone. When said manager leaves I believe all will be well again. Still needs to pay better
The job was very stressful due to poor management and the fact that it was underpaid and understaffed the pharmacists were never on time and the technicians have horrible attitudes
Pros
Great healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Store #75 Baden, PA.
It was a great experience to learn & do things I’ve never done, but the pharmacist attitudes were the worse. Especially the manager. Rude & not helpful. They won’t come to you if there’s a problem, they’ll talk behind your back. Always short staffed, but didn’t want to give out hours. They want you to work, but not teach you anything.
October 28, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your concerns with us! We always strive to provide a positive work environment for our Team Members, and we are sorry to hear you did not have that experience. We will be sure to share your feedback regarding the environment in the pharmacy and staffing issues with the appropriate teams.
Good pay and benefits but never enough help.always wanting to cut hours. Not enough time to do all the work required. Continous mayhem.open many holidays and until 9 pm each evening
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Open 7 days a week
I really enjoy this job but the management is not at all professional. There is clear favoritism and and no order within the pharmacy . Instead of addressing issues with employees the supervisors/pharmacists will gossip with other technicians about said employee and that employee will repeatedly be mistreated with no explanation.
I used to love working here! Things change, mostly because corporate is always looking at the bottom line :( Corporate has screwed us one too many times, so here I am on indeed...
I really enjoyed my time with Giant Eagle. I enjoyed the quick pace and my coworkers and supervisors were great for the most part. I wish certain criteria for testing in their pharmacy technician program was different. They are cordial and understanding with family situations as well.
It is a decent job to have if you need a second job to earn extra money. I would not recommend doing this for a full time career. The pay is not enough for the amount of work you are expected to do as a tech there. I believe this should be a $15-16 an hour position.
Great place to work if you don't mind staring at a computer screen all day. Management is very welcoming, knowledgable, and approachable. Other workers are friendly and caring.
Upper management doesn’t value employees despite what they say. At my 10th anniversary I received a gold pen, then was fired the following week for being late, when caring for my mother in my home, who’d had a stroke.
good place to work depending on what location you work at. May face hard times during training months but once you get familiar and good with tasks you can go with the flow everyday
The work was boring and repetitive because it was data entry but I did learn a lot about prescription medication and being a pharmacy technician. I transcribed written prescriptions to make the labels on the medication patient friendly.
Pros
Flexible schedule for school
Cons
low pay, call center setting
Fun and easy place to work. Co-workers are like family. Really get a hang of the workload and everyone does what is expected from them. Loved the job and the team.
Worked here over a decade ago but i remember it being an enjoyable place to work that was really flexible with my college schedule but it has changed considerably since i last worked there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giant Eagle, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Career recommendations for Pharmacy Technician
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Pharmacy Technician in US