Giant Food
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Giant Food Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Found 16 reviews matching the search with 4 related reviews.
A good place to work. Friendly staff and positive work environment. Management support. Some days are slower than others, but no two days are the same.
Awful place to work for. I applied to be a pharmacist they put me in the sea food after one week I became ill and called out sick for two days. When I got back they fired me telling me I had unexcused absences. I guess next time that happens I’ll just go cough on the food if that’s what they want. Especially during these troubling times to fire somebody because I was not feeling well. I don’t think that’s right whatsoever. Giant is a horrible place to work for. $10 starting pay. Orientation is the biggest joke. I’ve seen in my life. Poorly run poorly organized company. Stay away from this place. They try to force you to join a union which is a joke as well.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
This company has so many hours available for overnight stockers that it’s ridiculous! If you sign up to be a part time worker then you definitely will be “forced” to work a 40 hour week load. I don’t recommend even the homeless working for this company. This place is completely unprofessional, especially the areas in Ashburn, Va. They just make things look nice but On the inside of things , it’s trashy.
Pros
Discounts on grocery items
Cons
Overworked, talked down on, 15 min breaks for a 8 hour shift.
Giant is a good and fairly easy company to work for. I would recommend working for Giant over the other grocery stores. They provide a discount for all employees.
A typical week was preparing meat for retail sale. Ilearned to be a meat manager.Management was experienced.Workplace was professional. The hardest part of the job was working in the cold.Enjoyable part was the benefits
Benefits
Cons
Working in the cold
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I was there longer than expected i should have ended the job a while ago but things moved quickly than expected and i ended up being there for 5 years.
Giant started out as a part time job and because I cared too much I got into working too many hours and eventually stayed there for too long. it is a good starting job but that is all. They ask a lot from you and don't give much.
Pros
Benefits and after 5 years you get the X plan and it is great.
Cons
They ask too much from you
I enjoyed working with customers at Giant but the management was not really supportive. I would go and help with bagging and some trash. It was hard to go outside in the weather though.
Pros
Loved customers and co-workers
Cons
Short hours and unsupportive line management
Good place to work part time. Can get busy, but overall I have very few complaints. They treat you reasonably well and pay you fairly and often, and it's just solid.
It’s a Retail Company a very fast face environment. Management require to work long hours and mandatory weekends. Management shifts needed to do closing schedule.
Pros
Party company for a good job done.
Cons
Luck of employee and after midnight shifts.
I worked everyday 10 hours or more except Tuesdays due to being a grocery store there was never a down time always on your feet walking the floor directing staffers
Upon arrival,I would check with supervisor to get instructions as to the specific duties to accomplish. Then carry out those duties, while service to customers, is always a priority. While employed at Giant, I met lots of people from many backgrounds and learning to work as a team. Management was great always there to work out difficult or unusual situations. Very fair and knowledgable. Great professional workplace, Always work to stay busy never boring, and meeting new people sometimes becoming lifelong friends, was my favorite part of the job.
Overall, working for Giant Foods was a good first job, it is definitely not a job you could make a living off of. Management was awful and nothing was ever organized.
Most times I worked were after school and weekends, and the job allowed me to gain experience with retail work. The job was a basic level job that sufficed me as I was in school.
My time at Giant Foods wasn't very exciting or rewarding. I found myself rather secluded from most of the employees with a management that never seemed to be in a good mood. The hardest part about working there was in fact having to deal with the management. They would at many times talk in very condescending tones. The best part of the job was my co-workers, who were all hard working young men and women who did there best despite the not so great management.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
I currently work for Giant, it is going through a lot of changes and there is no opportunity to advance.
Pros
The people who work there
Cons
Management.