GIANT/MARTIN'S Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
peapod selector
peapod selector (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAMay 8, 2018
lots of walking on a concrete floor
15 minute break
work until all orders are filled
starting at $10.00 per hour
some do this as a second job
required to prep and clean up
It was a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 7, 2018
I began working at Giant entering my senior year of high school to pay for upcoming activities that were involved with senior year. The people that I have worked with for the last five years were friendly and welcoming. I never had a problem with anyone. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers who were disrespectful to you when their issues were unrelated to you. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and building relationships with customers who would come in the store three times a week.
Fun work atmosphere
Peapod Shopper (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAApril 9, 2018
Fun place to work, you meet a lot of new people. You can listen to music while picking the orders. Everyday it's different, somedays are harder then others, work fluctuates depending on how many people order things that week.
Pros
Fun place to work. You can use headphones. Meet lots of new people.
Cons
Short breaks. Management was iffy. Lots of lifting.
Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAApril 6, 2018
Check people out
management is excellent
everyone at Giant is so nice and friendly and they really want to make sure that you have a positive shopping experience
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benifits
Stocking non-foods is less messy
HBC Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAMarch 15, 2018
It was a lot of heavy lifting, organizing shelving.The customers are mostly great and appreciate you more than you think. Stocking can be a hassle. Everyone is trying to get where you are.
Flexible hours
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, PAMarch 8, 2018
Flexible hours fast paced environment with poor management and overnight work sometimes mandatory and sometimes stressful and sometimes holiday work required
Pros
breaks
Cons
less then 40 hours a week
Competitive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMarch 8, 2018
Don’t get that many hours. Some of the customers were very rude. The employees were not treated with respect. You’re standing for long periods of time and management took away the mats that kept our feet comfortable.
Total lack of training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thorndale, PAFebruary 28, 2018
The managers seemed to care but at the end of the day they all seemed terrified of corporate and worried that they may get a bad review. The training was not the certified corporate training promised but trial by fire which is fair neither to customer or employee. In my opinion it is the corporations responsibility to see the upcoming trends and make sure each store is supported top to bottom and educate the customers.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Uneducated, nasty customers
Not for me.
PeaPod Driver (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAFebruary 27, 2018
PeaPod part of the store seemed to be held together by bubblegum and rubber bands. Long hours, heavy lifting, very early start times(4am is routine) no consistency in route assignments. Giant is a cheap company to work for also. Gave it almost 2yrs, but had to go elsewhere due to constant back pain.
Pros
Part time. Getting tips when making deliveries.
Cons
Very early start times, Long work days averaging 10-11 hours per day, Containers of groceries were loaded down and too heavy after the 'system' change, A very physical job. If you have a bad back look elsewhere
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  71 locust street hazleton paFebruary 27, 2018
For being my first job I loved working here if I wasn’t for me moving to New Jersey I think I would still be working there. I learned a lot in this job ñ. This job taught me that the costumer is always right no matter how wrong they may be.

Want to know more about GIANT/MARTIN'S?

Ask a question
If you don't have a problem with attendance and are capable of dovetailing your tasks you'll fit right in.
CAO/Grocery Associate (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAFebruary 23, 2018
For the self-motivated and multitasking capable you will find yourself with more than enough to do as most departments seem to be understaffed or experience daily call-outs. There is a reliable core of managers and leads to counter this, but full-time/part-time associates take the brunt of the daily legwork.
Pros
Holiday meal spreads + daily snack spread, Easy for those accustomed to retail duties and customer service..
Cons
Dept supervisors take draconian punitive measures against dept associates, Fulltime employees experience hour cuts to minimize budget impact.
What Work was like
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 23, 2018
A typical work day was being a cashier working to help customers and handling their cash and checks, basically doing the job that needed to be done. Like cleaning the work area or putting bags back on the racks, making sure everything was where it was suppose to be.
Pros
getting to meet different people
Cons
short breaks
Good Company
Perishable Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 20, 2018
I was only with Giant 1 year and enjoyed my time there. The training program was excellent. I worked closely with the department managers on dat to day operations.
Decent Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 17, 2018
The job is very rewarding when it comes to interacting with the people. However, the schedule is a little bit of a conflict. I would prefer more hours, and I have only been receiving a max of 26 hours. The pay is definitely worth the amount of work you are expected to complete, but more hours would be a big benefit.
Pros
10% discount, Easy communication with management
Great job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spring House, PAJanuary 17, 2018
The people who were there were great. The customers were just as friendly. It was a nice and relaxed job for anyone who is looking for a steady place to work.
Great Atmosphere
Meat Clerk/Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Giant food great place to work and be open an positive to life. Coworker are Very Respectful an Love to make a Coworker day. Treat the customer with respect
Pros
Great pay
plenty of opportunity
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 6, 2018
Depending on the shift- day, evening of overnight, you can start anywhere from 600 to 2200. Giant is almost always very busy, and the few times it is not, there is always something to do. Giant cross trains people who are interested and welcomes diversity- age, culture, ethnicity.
Sometimes you don't always work the same shift every week, but this also does prevent boredom and you meet a lot of people that way.
Pros
ovenight premium pay is available
A good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lansdowne, PAJanuary 5, 2018
I love my job at giant because of the customers. There are so many types of people from many other states that shop there, and that just makes my job even more enjoyable because I get to meet them and give them our excellent customer service.
Pros
Good sales promotions
Cons
Not open 24 hours
Good employess to work with
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Hope, PAJanuary 5, 2018
It was a great place to work. I just want to work in warehouse work. The clean up the deli was not hard at all. I respected the sileres. I didn't want to clean them. I felt that it could hurt me.
Pros
custmures were great to me
Cons
it got really busy in the winter time
stressful
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, PAJanuary 3, 2018
over the past 4 years the company has taken a drastic drop in being a great place to work. the store level mgnt are unproffesional.its no fun anymore. store level management have no concideration they are not friendly to the employees and will not recognize hard work and dedication of its employees
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
understaffed