GIANT/MARTIN'S Employee Reviews

Lack of Advancement
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 11, 2018
I wanted to become a grocery associate at GIANT/MARTIN'S since I felt I had more potential than wielding a mop. The management wouldn't let me because I was a such a good janitor that they said they needed people like me, however, I did not want to be a janitor so I am leaving.
easy, pretty much left alone, gets very busy, just do your job and all will be fine
Salad Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 6, 2018
go to work at 4pm, check salad bar, fill and clean up, start cutting fruit for the next day, cleaning of floors and sinks, that is all I have. Each dept. is ran different
Pros
easy
Cons
don't have any
Wouldnt Recomend
Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamison, PAJuly 3, 2018
The nightcrew is the worst. They expect you to work the job of like 5 men and they dont care if you get injured or not. Managment sucked and worst of all is they dont care about their workers.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Poor Business
Ehh
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Dilworthtown, PAJuly 2, 2018
Where to begin? The guys in the department I worked in were really dedicated and gave a lot of insight on how to make work productive. That’s about as good as one can get. Management...they say one bad apple spoils the bunch, and management is proof of that. Store manager was great and helpful to both customers and employees. One manager that I won’t name had a tendency to come into the department and just complain about how we did our jobs. That combined with the hours getting lower and lower as I worked there, being left without work for 2 weeks without warning and being transferred to a different department without being informed, and that was enough for me to quit.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, erratic hours, lack of communication, management couldn’t manage
Giant
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Enola, PAJune 27, 2018
Not a bad place to work management is ok. They under scheduled staff a lot also due to call off's as well. Overall its a okay weekly paying job to work for.
garbage
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2018
in my honest opinion, they just wanted people who will work and not say anything when they feel they deserve advancement or wronged by the company. their motto is "a better place to work' its actully the worst place
Production
Associate (Current Employee) –  Stephens City, VAJune 22, 2018
We are very high paced and get things done smoothly. This company is a great company to work for. I like the atmosphere and everything throughout the whole store.
Okay place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAJune 12, 2018
Hours are always cut and wages are not enough. Management is terrible, and hours get cut as punishments. Favoritism is shown all the time, and receive unfair treatment from others including management.
Fun & busy place to work.
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 30, 2018
I enjoy the work and co-workers and the management team works well with the employees. Most days are pretty busy and keep me active, I enjoy staying busy and working with people.
Pros
discounts throughout the year, associate appreciation days.
Cons
When a shift cannot be covered and we are short handed.
Good part time job for younger students
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 30, 2018
Typical non degree based job/high school starting job with plenty of opportunities to work your way up the totem pole. Department manages vary, and are switched out every once in a while "being sent to different stores". Depending on the store and location, department and clientele it can be very fast paced and stressful job.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
cut throat store managers and stressful environment on occaions

Want to know more about GIANT/MARTIN'S?

Ask a question
Retail
Assistant Bakery manager (Current Employee) –  Jamison, PAMay 30, 2018
I don't want to review this company. I have worked here for a long time due to my position as decorator I ha ave had to have surgery and now have a bad arm.
Fun place to work the first year
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 20, 2018
Great culture originally. Flexible with scheduling, management was cool. Work was fun. After 2 years I spent my first semester away at college, by the time I came back the culture of the store changed and it became a place I hated going to.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor culture
peapod selector
peapod selector (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAMay 8, 2018
lots of walking on a concrete floor
15 minute break
work until all orders are filled
starting at $10.00 per hour
some do this as a second job
required to prep and clean up
It was a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 7, 2018
I began working at Giant entering my senior year of high school to pay for upcoming activities that were involved with senior year. The people that I have worked with for the last five years were friendly and welcoming. I never had a problem with anyone. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers who were disrespectful to you when their issues were unrelated to you. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and building relationships with customers who would come in the store three times a week.
Fun work atmosphere
Peapod Shopper (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAApril 9, 2018
Fun place to work, you meet a lot of new people. You can listen to music while picking the orders. Everyday it's different, somedays are harder then others, work fluctuates depending on how many people order things that week.
Pros
Fun place to work. You can use headphones. Meet lots of new people.
Cons
Short breaks. Management was iffy. Lots of lifting.
Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAApril 6, 2018
Check people out
management is excellent
everyone at Giant is so nice and friendly and they really want to make sure that you have a positive shopping experience
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benifits
Stocking non-foods is less messy
HBC Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAMarch 15, 2018
It was a lot of heavy lifting, organizing shelving.The customers are mostly great and appreciate you more than you think. Stocking can be a hassle. Everyone is trying to get where you are.
Flexible hours
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, PAMarch 8, 2018
Flexible hours fast paced environment with poor management and overnight work sometimes mandatory and sometimes stressful and sometimes holiday work required
Pros
breaks
Cons
less then 40 hours a week
Competitive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMarch 8, 2018
Don’t get that many hours. Some of the customers were very rude. The employees were not treated with respect. You’re standing for long periods of time and management took away the mats that kept our feet comfortable.
Total lack of training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thorndale, PAFebruary 28, 2018
The managers seemed to care but at the end of the day they all seemed terrified of corporate and worried that they may get a bad review. The training was not the certified corporate training promised but trial by fire which is fair neither to customer or employee. In my opinion it is the corporations responsibility to see the upcoming trends and make sure each store is supported top to bottom and educate the customers.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Uneducated, nasty customers