GIANT/MARTIN'S

GIANT/MARTIN'S Employee Reviews for Grocery Associate

Grocery Associate6 reviews
United States6 reviews

Not a bad place work

Giant is an okay place to work. For the most part everything runs smoothly and with little conflicts. The only downsides are that it is a very repetitive job.

Coworkers and management work extremely well as a team.

The management at martins in front royal va work fast and efficiently. Not only for the community especially for their employees. Martins is a clean and pleasant establishment of business. Security and safety is consistent at Martin's.

Pros

Training, Perks, and discounts available

Cons

Busy busy

GIANT/MARTIN'S insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Bad for part timers

Worked here for my first job, would stock, organize shelves and create displays. I liked the job itself but sometimes there wouldn't be much to do so you walked around the store and organized here and there on repeat. Managers didn't really care about you and would belittle you. The pay was pretty bad, just shy of minimum wage and most egregious issue I had were the work hours. I was hired on to work 16 a week but a couple months later started scheduling me for 12, a couple months after that 8 hours, and couple months after that they then scheduled me for a pathetic 4 hours a week. They also didn't even have employee discounts, just these employee raffles you could enter. Walmart would be a better place to work than here.

Pros

Cons

Cutting hours without explanation, pay, no discounts

garbage

in my honest opinion, they just wanted people who will work and not say anything when they feel they deserve advancement or wronged by the company. their motto is "a better place to work' its actully the worst place

If you don't have a problem with attendance and are capable of dovetailing your tasks you'll fit right in.

For the self-motivated and multitasking capable you will find yourself with more than enough to do as most departments seem to be understaffed or experience daily call-outs. There is a reliable core of managers and leads to counter this, but full-time/part-time associates take the brunt of the daily legwork.

Pros

Holiday meal spreads + daily snack spread, Easy for those accustomed to retail duties and customer service..

Cons

Dept supervisors take draconian punitive measures against dept associates, Fulltime employees experience hour cuts to minimize budget impact.

Easy job but not much to do

Easy job but doesnt pay too well or give out good hours. They would only give me about 23 hours a week and would sometimes forget to schedule me at all.

Pros

Good Management

Cons

Low Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GIANT/MARTIN'S. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare GIANT/MARTIN'S with

• GIANT/MARTIN'S
  • Grocery Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?