Giant Employee Reviews

Not reccomended
Gas Station Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 18, 2018
I was there 8 years and nothing improves. I felt as if I could work there ten years and there would be nothing but another ten years and so on. A feeling of being stuck and futureless. If the management does not like you, prepare to not have a good time working there.
Great part time job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Souderton,paAugust 16, 2018
Giant is great if you are looking for a part time job to make a few extra dollars. I don't know if I would like full time due to the hours being all over the place.
An Educational experience in food.
Overnight Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDAugust 14, 2018
A typical workday begins at 12 am and ends at 7 am, giving me 7 hour days. Working in a market has taught me the importance of perishables and freshness rotation.
Pros
it's a positive experience working in the food industry
Cons
short breaks, part time shifts, lack of professionalism
Giant Review
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2018
I worked for Giants for several years. I enjoyed working at Giants. The customers was a pleasant to serve. The customers made the day easier to get through. However, I see the customers on my downtime and they are enjoyable to talk to. The hours the company provided made me able to attend school.
Pros
customers
Cons
less hours
meh
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamison, PAAugust 9, 2018
It was good and bad. Some days you did not have to do much and the day went by pretty relaxed, others you had to do 500 things in a 5 hour period and by the end you were questioning your sanity. I will say, the job is much more relaxed in my experience than other experiences I've had.
Pros
Calm, Relaxed, lifting.
Cons
Work alone, hectic
Worked for 20 years
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 3, 2018
In the beginning it was great company to work for. After it was bought out it went down hill. The amount of work increased and they did not invest in getting good quality workers. They just wanted a body and did not care if the person could do a good job.
Pros
Benefits if you could get them after 3 years
Cons
I took 3 years to get benefits
productive Work Place
DELI ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Havertown, PAAugust 1, 2018
Giant was a great place to work for. I started at Giant when they opened the Giant in Springfield PA. After I believe 3 years I transferred to the Giant in Havertown PA. This was a brand new store and I was apart of the process of opening the store. I had breast cancer and because I did not have job security I was Administratively Terminated.
Could have been worse
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, MDAugust 1, 2018
Seafood wasnt too hard but there were only 2 guys in the department including myself so one open and one close. It was stressful at times having to do all the work by yourself never got to take a brake because no one would cover the department. But it was a pay check.
Giant
Customer Service/Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Accokeek, MDJuly 23, 2018
Customer Service/Grocery Clerk
" Interface directly with customers to provide assistance and resolve problems.
" Supervise product of employees and related personal issues.
" Managed front and back areas of the store sorting incoming products.
" Greet customers as they arrived at the store and provided them with information about products/or services.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
hard labor
Very Fast Paced
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZJuly 22, 2018
Always busy not enough employees to complete all tasks. A lot of fun but non stop work. Never had time to stock cooler. customers going out the door.
Pros
No breaks except quick smoke or eat while waiting on customers.
Cons
Extr
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJuly 17, 2018
Management was top notch. Everyone got along, it was enjoyable too work there at Giant. It paid well as a starting point and there was some room for growth, I also got discounts.
Cons
Stood still for most of the time working
Giant
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 5, 2018
Giant foods wasnt difficult to adapt to with the fast pace environment to be able to still maneuver and still be able to provide customer service on a daily basis.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Minimum
fun enviornment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2018
it was a family oriented place that had it's up's and downs but you were treated fairly and like family, you'll see familiar faces and be able to have good conversations with the regular customers.
it was a afst pace job during rush hours but everyone wa nice. loved the atomosphere
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85747July 1, 2018
there is always new things that is being taught and learned. The customers are soo nice and enjoyable to serve. It is a face pace business especially when it comes to rush hour where its customer after customer coming in to buy things or to purchase gas. You build a repour with the customers and that's the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
discounts and just helping out the customers
Cons
being th only employee there at the store from 7pm to 10pm
Productive Work
Auditor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 22, 2018
This was a very fast paced work environment. Employees worked alongside the employees from the warehouse supplier in a friendly environment. Work fluctuates which impacts work hours.
Stable Job
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Davids, PAJune 12, 2018
A typical work day at giant is fast paced and always on the go. I did gain customer service experience and also learned different work ethics while being trained in different positions. The management is willing to work with you, just have to constantly remind them of what you need. The workplace culture is very welcoming, all the employees learn to work together and spend time outside of work as well.
Its okay for a first time job
Cashier/Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 9, 2018
I worked here for 3 plus years and i was making minimum wage the entire time i was there even though we get quarterly wage increases, so i filed a dispute with the Union and ended up resigning after i got what i was owed. Other than that its a good first job but do not expect much advancements unless you already have manager experience.
Cons
Short breaks, inconsistent schedules and hours
A good first job
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, MDJune 8, 2018
A cooperative team environment with room to grow. Flexible hours and great staff. Benefits are optional. I already had healthcare so I didn't apply for any.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
Good employee team work having a good crew always made it easier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Manuel, AZJune 2, 2018
The best part of this job was the people in a small town where everybody knows your name it helped just knowing the town helped this position coming into it
Pros
All u can drink
Cons
Kind of stressful when u have to do truck and turn over twice in the night
Customer Service Desk
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 30, 2018
A fun place to work, always up beat people around, (customers, other employees), hardest part of the job were there not enough hours, and I learned a lot about customer service in this role.