Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great management and benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2018
Excellent work enviroment. Room to grow within the company. Great management and coworker interaction. Overtime was available but not always mandatory. Employee benefits were excellent.
personal review
CNC machine operator (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 26, 2018
Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc..is a very high paced and stressful job. they expect the quota of the cards produces or you will hear from the managers. no excuses.
Pros
many hours
Cons
management
great company
making cridet crads (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHOctober 9, 2018
gained experience learned job responsibilities. learned teamwork, learned how to be private and careful about company privacy. the most enjoyable part of the job is that i made family and friends from work
Cut throat company
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed for my manager. However, his management team was extremely dirty and unfair, double standards and lies. The support team and development team was extremely unhappy working here. 6 of us left the company and now are all still friends. So the people were smart but the way the company was ran was not a positive environment. They have a lot of favor for the Brazilians in the company. I had a VP praise me for all the work I performed and ask me to continue to be the face of the company to our large accounts. When I asked for more money he tried to down play my role as if it was not important anymore. My peers experienced last minute expectations, changes in their responsibilities that had nothing to do with their skills as they brought people in from Brazil to replace them. Sales team would sell things that development could not produce and support would feel the pain of customers complaints. I would say the stress here and being treated badly made us bond as great friends that are all extremely intelligent. We all have great paying jobs and positions in different companies. My direct manager was great! He was feeling the stress as well.
Pros
Cons
Lies, games, stress from poor upper management decisions
Good for new joinee
Database engineer (Current Employee) –  WashingtonMarch 12, 2018
I did not expect much from the management.If you do not expect much from management and keep doing your work, you are good. There are more managers than engineers. Engineers are always working under pressure.
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Bad management, too much work, very slow in process.
Very high turn over ( low wages)
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHApril 19, 2016
the work environment is very clean..but that is the only positive..A new hire wage structure plan started in January 2016.. and it is designed that any new hired employee will NEVER MAKE MORE THAN $14.00 hr AS A TOP OUT WAGE !!! WITH NO WAGE TIER PLAN FOR RAISES BEYOND $14.00.....The HR rep here in twinsburg ohio will baffle you with a lot of prefab BS !! on how good this company is..LOL !! I guess thats why they use 3 temp angencies ...there are very few hired in G&D employee's...maybe 1 employee to 15 -20 temps ratio....this is an entry level company at best!!
Pros
Clean working eviroment
Cons
Very low wages forced overtime 7days a week
Job security
CARD INSPECTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHOctober 1, 2017
A lot of overtime and often last minute.

Job security as long as you show up for work and do your job correctly.

Great benefits.

Does not promote from within.
Learnt a lot!
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2018
Great company! I learnt a lot from company. The environment is very friendly. You get a chance to talk to different people.
I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
commute
former employee
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  twinsburg ohioMarch 15, 2013
Ran the warehouse and held other rolls for about 3 years. I watched Twinsburgs management greatly improve over the years. The press department is full of great people who will do everything to help you succeed. Very clean environment, very secure environment, very large corporate company.
Pros
great people, clean, heated/cooled, amazing benefits, pto time program is unbeatable
Cons
pay, forced overtime (sometimes)
German Company
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VANovember 30, 2017
This was a German based company with an operation in the US. The German leadership didn't understand the US culture which made it hard to operate effectively.
Enjoyed the heck out of it!
Field Engineer - Assignment (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 5, 2015
Being a single field engineer site the responsibility for customer relations, training, machine maintenance, office management, statistical reporting,and inventory control, the position and site was considered to be an extremely high stressed environment.

The demand alone to maintain 5 of the most complex pieces of machinery to date is in itself the greatest challenge.

For the first 5 years the company was my dream job but as with time, management changed at the upper levels and their priorities changed. The focus on the engineers ultimately changed and in some cases was completely lost.

This aside, G&D was my dream job. The stress was manageable during my 8 years but the corporate support fell off with time and with no support my ability to cope diminished as well.

With all that said, I would do it all again given the chance.
Pros
The ability to make it work; the other 200+ Engineers in the field
Cons
My first job, a good experience.
Machine Operator Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMarch 12, 2017
G&D was my first job. I was a Machine Operator and my responsibilities were to inspect, measure and process credit cards. 120,000 credit cards were the expected daily output for my machine. I was also an intern who shadowed the Information Technology department.
Pros
Free lunches, free breakfast, small gifts, clean facility
Cons
Communication between management
Fast paced work
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 27, 2017
Workdays can be extremely stressful 75 % of the time.

Learned a great deal about what goes into a banknote and how it gets processed from start to finish.

Management was hit or miss.

The hardest part of the workday was keeping the systems up and running at full capacity.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Next to no breaks
prodective
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMarch 12, 2017
Had a grate time in this company learned how to handle team in busy and critical situations. good and friendly atmosphere and management. Hardest part of job when you need to complete your job in less amount f time in good quality to satisfy customer good thing is we did it always we archived our goals on time.
Great hours - Monday thru Thursday - four 10 hour shifts.
Senior Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2012
Great company to work for. Great hours! Great customer! Great Benefits! I recommend this company. Only problem is the downsizing.
Pros
secure job with great benefits and hours.
Cons
downsizing.
Productive and fun workplace
Personalization Operator (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHNovember 23, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management at Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
I worked the last assignment stating at 4:25am in the morning taking calls in high speed currency processing at a Federal Reserve Bank in El Paso ,TX.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 2, 2012
For the last 16 yrs, I've working for the same german company inside over half of the Federal Reserve's working as a field engineer mantaining a BPS3000, currency processing machine in the cash dept. It prcess's carrency at 40 notes per second, separating the "fit" from the 'unfit", packaging and bundling the "fit" anf removing the rejects and counterfit currency. I maintained the enventory also and had had to communicate with the customer all day. Elleven years at the Miami FRB, 4 years at the Atlanta FRB and 2 at the El Paso FRB., plus traveling to cover other tech's vacations.
Pros
the job constantly tested my abilities.
Cons
hi stress .
Great company to work for.
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VASeptember 16, 2013
Company goals are well defined and attainable. Excellent benefits package.
Amazing Technology Company
Senior Legal Counsel/Americas (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 8, 2012
Friendly people. Good Benefits. Nice environment. Generally a nice place to work.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
lots of work little resources
Demanding but secure workplace
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2014
The company expects a lot from you but gives back in the way of compensation and benefits.
Pros
Security and benefits
Cons
Demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc. Reviews by Location