Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great management and benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2018
Excellent work enviroment. Room to grow within the company. Great management and coworker interaction. Overtime was available but not always mandatory. Employee benefits were excellent.
personal review
CNC machine operator (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 26, 2018
Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc..is a very high paced and stressful job. they expect the quota of the cards produces or you will hear from the managers. no excuses.
Pros
many hours
Cons
management
Good for new joinee
Database engineer (Current Employee) –  WashingtonMarch 12, 2018
I did not expect much from the management.If you do not expect much from management and keep doing your work, you are good. There are more managers than engineers. Engineers are always working under pressure.
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Bad management, too much work, very slow in process.
Learnt a lot!
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2018
Great company! I learnt a lot from company. The environment is very friendly. You get a chance to talk to different people.
I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
commute
German Company
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VANovember 30, 2017
This was a German based company with an operation in the US. The German leadership didn't understand the US culture which made it hard to operate effectively.
Job security
CARD INSPECTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHOctober 1, 2017
A lot of overtime and often last minute.

Job security as long as you show up for work and do your job correctly.

Great benefits.

Does not promote from within.
cash processing
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 18, 2017
Provided service of cash processing equipment. The workers processing cash were required to have a certain daily output. When machines broke down, I was expected to repair as quickly as those with several years experience.
Pros
good pay
Cons
expected top performance too soon
Cut throat company
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed for my manager. However, his management team was extremely dirty and unfair, double standards and lies. The support team and development team was extremely unhappy working here. 6 of us left the company and now are all still friends. So the people were smart but the way the company was ran was not a positive environment. They have a lot of favor for the Brazilians in the company. I had a VP praise me for all the work I performed and ask me to continue to be the face of the company to our large accounts. When I asked for more money he tried to down play my role as if it was not important anymore. My peers experienced last minute expectations, changes in their responsibilities that had nothing to do with their skills as they brought people in from Brazil to replace them. Sales team would sell things that development could not produce and support would feel the pain of customers complaints. I would say the stress here and being treated badly made us bond as great friends that are all extremely intelligent. We all have great paying jobs and positions in different companies. My direct manager was great! He was feeling the stress as well.
Pros
Cons
Lies, games, stress from poor upper management decisions
prodective
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMarch 12, 2017
Had a grate time in this company learned how to handle team in busy and critical situations. good and friendly atmosphere and management. Hardest part of job when you need to complete your job in less amount f time in good quality to satisfy customer good thing is we did it always we archived our goals on time.
My first job, a good experience.
Machine Operator Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMarch 12, 2017
G&D was my first job. I was a Machine Operator and my responsibilities were to inspect, measure and process credit cards. 120,000 credit cards were the expected daily output for my machine. I was also an intern who shadowed the Information Technology department.
Pros
Free lunches, free breakfast, small gifts, clean facility
Cons
Communication between management

Want to know more about Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc.?

Ask a question
Good opportunites
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 14, 2017
Requires a strong personality to make your own way but, there are some good opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies.
Fast paced work
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 27, 2017
Workdays can be extremely stressful 75 % of the time.

Learned a great deal about what goes into a banknote and how it gets processed from start to finish.

Management was hit or miss.

The hardest part of the workday was keeping the systems up and running at full capacity.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Next to no breaks
very productive work place
Staff Accountant II, General Ledger (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VANovember 10, 2016
G&D is excellent place to work. The company has nice building in Dulles, VA where the headquarter for Americas regions resides.
Great place to work at!
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VASeptember 29, 2016
I enjoy working at GDAI very much. I arrive at 8:00, work all day long without the need of being supervised, great team mates and colleagues, I learned something new everyday.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hard to find.
Good environment, needs better organization and training
Product Developer (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 16, 2016
Not a bad place to work at, would be more enjoyable if more investment was made into training people. Unfortunately, since people are not trained properly, there is a lack of communication between groups, and a lot of responsibilities that fall in a gray zone and end up being taken care of by competent people who care about doing a good job.
Pros
Employees have outgoing personalities and are fun to work with.
Cons
Lack of training puts a lot of work on people who are not responsible for those tasks.
Team player who enjoys a challenge
Head of Quality, Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMay 12, 2016
Rating is a 4. Working in Quality you can only plan 20% of the day. The rest of day you and your team are reacting to events for that day. Each day is spent problem solving internal or external issues.
Good work inviroment
Sr. Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 27, 2016
Maintained a machine with over one million moving parts, performed PM's, troubleshooting in mechanical and electrical, installed software, strong customer satisfaction, service experience.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very high turn over ( low wages)
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHApril 19, 2016
the work environment is very clean..but that is the only positive..A new hire wage structure plan started in January 2016.. and it is designed that any new hired employee will NEVER MAKE MORE THAN $14.00 hr AS A TOP OUT WAGE !!! WITH NO WAGE TIER PLAN FOR RAISES BEYOND $14.00.....The HR rep here in twinsburg ohio will baffle you with a lot of prefab BS !! on how good this company is..LOL !! I guess thats why they use 3 temp angencies ...there are very few hired in G&D employee's...maybe 1 employee to 15 -20 temps ratio....this is an entry level company at best!!
Pros
Clean working eviroment
Cons
Very low wages forced overtime 7days a week
Productive and fun workplace
Personalization Operator (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHNovember 23, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management at Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Enjoyed the heck out of it!
Field Engineer - Assignment (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 5, 2015
Being a single field engineer site the responsibility for customer relations, training, machine maintenance, office management, statistical reporting,and inventory control, the position and site was considered to be an extremely high stressed environment.

The demand alone to maintain 5 of the most complex pieces of machinery to date is in itself the greatest challenge.

For the first 5 years the company was my dream job but as with time, management changed at the upper levels and their priorities changed. The focus on the engineers ultimately changed and in some cases was completely lost.

This aside, G&D was my dream job. The stress was manageable during my 8 years but the corporate support fell off with time and with no support my ability to cope diminished as well.

With all that said, I would do it all again given the chance.
Pros
The ability to make it work; the other 200+ Engineers in the field
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc. Reviews by Location