Gifford Medical Center

Gifford Medical Center Employee Reviews

Gifford is a classic small community hospital. It has a warm family feel. The birthing center is amazing, with high quality family centered care. It's not big and shiny and there's not a tremendous amount of room for growth, but it has a lot of heart.
I loved the people! It was a great place to work with very sweet people! I hated my travel CT/Xray job was over. But 1 year is the max I could stay. And I did just that.
Pros
Great employees to work with!
Cons
Slower at times than I was use too.
If you don’t fit in they will do anything in their power to backstab you and get you out the door, Everyone seems nice to your face watch your back cause they be the first to Stab even higher up act like Teen girls too much drama and stress
Gifford medical center I would start work at 530am *Acquire my supplies in the housekeeping closet. *stock the housekeeping cleaning cart. *approx. 5.40am I was at the emergency department cleaning rooms *the most difficult part of cleaning at Gifford medical center was cleaning top to bottom (100% of the room one room each day.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Gifford is a relatively smaller community hospital but this allows for greater patient customer service as well as more of a chance to further educate patients.
good place to work. Friendly co-workers, qualified personnel. Excellent benefit and lots of room for growth. Low turnover. Family-like atmosphere. They value their employees.
I have worked at Gifford Medical Center for almost 20 years. It is truly a wonderful hospital and a great place to work. I appreciate immensely the fact that the floor is always well staffed and that the nurse patient ratio is usually at a safe and manageable level. I believe this helps to create a happy less stress environment and really gives the nurse the opportunity to get to know and understand their patients needs!
GIfford is an excellent hospital for the area. Work environment is very family oriented and friendly. Good balance between work and personal life. Great team environment.
The staff is friendly and willing to help whenever needed. It is a fast paced job that keeps you busy but not burnt out. Benefits are good for single or family.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gifford Medical Center?
I was a student nurse during my time there, and I was on a medical surgical floor, where I learned many of my basic skills that helped me prepare for my future clinical.
No chance for advancement here. No money. Back stabbing coworkers. If you are not one of Gifford’s finest you are no one here. Management plays favorites. You work while others sit and get paid.
Gifford is a great organization with lots of opportunity in the Central VT area. Many employees have worked there for years which speaks highly of the organization. Previous management and HR were left unchecked and there were many problems, but the organization seems to have straightened out the issues and has new management/HR.
Pros
Friendly and Convenient
Cons
Favoritism and pay disparity by former HR management.
I enjoy working at Gifford not only for the patients but also my co-workers. We are like family and support each other in everything we do at work and out of work
One of the lowest paying hospitals (actually, I believe the lowest paying) in the state. Management seems to operate through a system of rumor and conjecture, and if you are not one of their favorites, it does not matter what the rumor is, or who is saying it, they will believe it and use it against you. The hospital seems to foster a constant state of unease. The Environmental Services team is looked down upon by all other staff in the hospital, and are viewed as untouchables. This is largely due to management in Environmental Services, their incompetence and the contempt that they hold for their own people and for the department.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to list
not great pay for as much stress and pressure you are under. I was working under very strict doctors that each had different wants in how the office ran which made being the secretary very stressful and hard to please everyone.
Small community hospital in rural Vermont, providing a renowned natural birthing center. Also has a number of small community-based clinics. Rewarding work in a small community setting.
Gifford is geared toward rewarding and keeping their medical staff. As a result, the support staff is often overlooked by management. The human resources department needed redirection.
was treated very poorly, staff that have been there for years were very inappropriate when training or even asked a question. some of the doctors humiliate you in front of everyone you work with
Pros
zero
Cons
zero
Wonderful group of co-workers. Ability to connect with patients. Very professional. nice small town community. On the job training. Had a nice work/life balance.
Everything was pretty great, I learned a lot about how to deal with people, even the angry ones, I learned my way around scheduling, rescheduling. I learned filing and I did a lot with referrals, and putting them in the computer once they've been sent out. Everyone there seemed generally pretty happy, management was good, and the most enjoyable part was at the end of the day reflecting on how much you did and feeling proud and accomplished.
Worst healthcare organizations to work for. The new leadership is two faced, lacks professionalism and truly doesn't understand the meaning of ethics.
Pros
Cons
Everything (bait and switch)