GiGi's Cupcakes Employee Reviews

Fun relaxed , but also fast pasted
Baker/Decorator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 15, 2018
You come in do your job if you have down time you want to find something to do. The manager is not too bossy as long as you do your job to the fullest.
Gigi's Cupcakes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 7, 2018
Management and ownership are remarkable. They work with you and assist you in order to make your day-to-day tasks as easy as possible. They truly care about their product.
Not a bad place to work if you are young and just starting out. Hardly any chance for advancement.
Baker and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2018
I baked in the mornings and decorated cupcakes for the front and filled orders. We made our frosting from scratch and also baked cookies and decorated mini cheesecakes.
Management was young with no baking experience.
The owner was rarely there so management was a little lax.
I enjoyed the people I worked with. They had a young staff.
Cupcakes
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Loved my job and the people i worked with. I moved up in the company quickly from regular closer to night time supervisor to assistant manager. Was a great experience.
Decent workplace and friendly coworkers
Baker (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 30, 2018
Gigi's cupcakes is a great job to start out with, however, there have been issues with schedules, management, and coworkers. While the coworkers are friendly, this job does not feel very team-oriented.
learning experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2018
I learned how to communicate with people in a more proper and respected way. I have also learned how to be more friendly to people no matter the circumstances.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Productive and fun work environment
Baker/Cake Decorator/cashier (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 15, 2018
I love working here. The management and customers are a joy to be around. I love baking and decorating. I have learned easier ways to do things such as icing and baking cakes.
sketch
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 5, 2018
They did not care about their employees and made it clear how little they cared about anything but profit. There wasn't even soap in our kitchen. I'm sure everyone was just trying to make a living, but I was working at 15 years old alone every night.
Not recommended
Customer Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHDecember 8, 2017
Not a good workplace culture. Workers do not care about the company and don't put effort into their work. Can be flexible for hours but if you want a good amount of hours, owner won't give them to you. Owner also does not take suggestions well.
Pros
free cupcakes
Was a great place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 30, 2017
Was my favorite place to work and I gave my heart for the 5 years I worked there. Though now it is owned by people who do not care for their employees. While working there at the start it was such a great place for creativity and family. We baked wonderful treats and enjoyed the company of the other workers. Some days were long and tiring, but we always knew how to make them fun.
Fun and friendly work environment.
BOH Prep (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2017
It is a fun place to work due to all of the energetic and friendly staff and management. It can be stressful at times due to the fluctuations in sales and projections but all in all it is a good company to work for.
Slow paced and drama
Decorator (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZNovember 8, 2017
Gigi's wasn't the right fit for me, but could have been for someone else. Just baking and decorating cupcakes started to get boring after a few weeks, I wanted to feel challenged. There was also a lot of drama going on at the location I was at.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
got done early everyday
Fun place to work at.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 3, 2017
It a great job, and love the people! A typical workday is a lot of baking and cleaning. I have learned how to bake, and do more customer service. That management is good. The workplace culture is a relaxed, easygoing and fun environment. The hardest part of the job is cleaning. I enjoy doing customer service.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No Paid Holiday or Benefits.
Fun and delicious!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 1, 2017
I worked at the Original Gigi's Cupcakes in Nashville under Gigi. She and our manager were relaxed, yet kept a high standard that I think set our store apart. Great quality cupcakes and frostings, and lots of dedicated customers, as well as many new customers. Rarely a dull day in this place, always pretty busy due to location and popularity! Having worked in customer service jobs in retail environments for the past few years, I can confidently say that the customers you get at a cupcake shop are MUCH better! No one is sad in a cupcake shop :)
Overall, this job was loads of fun, and I got to learn a lot about baking, decorating, and good customer service.
Pros
laid-back, easy to request time off, fun
Cons
no scheduled breaks
Overall, it was a fun work environment, but horrible management.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZAugust 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Gigi's and made close bonds with my co workers. I worked my way up and worked really hard. The management was all over the place unfortunately and a lot of times we were never told when things were supposed to change.
Not a bad job
BAKER/DECORATOR (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2017
Hours are early enough to have a second job. Being a single parent that comes in handy. Plus people love it when you bring them cupcakes. Decorating is a good skill to have.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 26, 2017
Fun and easy part time job. Slow weekdays and busy weekends.
Not the best pay and some coworkers dont really do their job. and corporate doesnt really care about their employees
Fun working place with a unique learning experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 22, 2017
A typical workday would be checking out customers at the cashier and bagging up their cupcakes. At the end of my shift I would clean th4e front aera and the kitchen and do money.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no breaks
Starter Job
Kitchen Assistant. Sales (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJune 22, 2017
This was my first job. I was only in high school when I started here. I made some really good friends there. I only worked on Friday and Saturday and maybe once throughout the week because they didn't really need me. But I did love this job. Definitely helped me get started in life.
Pros
free cupcakes.
Cons
no hours.
Great job!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 14, 2017
This was a fun job I worked with Gigis for a while about a year and I met amazing people that turned into friends and got to meet amazing customers that came back as regulars.